IGNORED

Nathan Tyson

wilksy

Its seems like I'm the only one that would be gutted if we signed him. I don't care if its Gary Johnson who signs him, look at Johnson's record for signing strikers, apauling.

Smith

Trundle

Jevons

Byfeild

Showumni

savage ? was that johnson ?

None have scored many goals set the league alight and i feel Tyson would follow this trend cant score in league one so why here ? even byfeild who was scoring for fun in league one didnt do well.

If we were to sign him and if he was to sort his injuries out, we could have quite a player on our hands. From my knowledge on him (which is limited) he seems to have great pace and a great left foot. Its a shame for the lad that he is hampered by so many injuries but if he were to come to us I think he could be a good signing. However due to injuries etc the signing would be considered as something of a gamble :tumbleweed:

Wouldnt be my first choice but if sir Gary is to buy him obviously I will trust and support the decision.

Obviously this is all speclulation but it wouldnt be unlike GJ to aqquire a striker from the league below.

We could be the perfect combination, he can draw a line under his time at Forest and hopefully regain the fom and fitness that made him one of the most sort after players in the lower leagues. He would be joining a club aspiing for promotion and be able to move closer to home nearer his family in Reading.

I think he will sign. ;)

Be a pleasure, but please don't bring your naivity with ya ;)

Not totally naive. I know people lie when it suits them. Even football managers.

But I've never seen any real evidence that we agreed a fee for Riordan. Seemed like you had for a moment there.

It's a long summer to fill innit?

And why's that?

Injury prone, doesn't score regularly in League 1, i heard he doesn't use his attributes to there full ability, for example his strength (so ive been told)

BUT, saying that, have seen him a few times and to be fair looks alright, but we need a regular goalscorer, not a now-and-then goalscorer.

A player with enearthed potential, a typical GJ buy maybe???

Yes this has been mentioned and we had inside info on this. Someones girlfriends dad works with Tyson's brother and has said that we have had a offer accepted and the player was choosing between staying at Forest on a one year extension or signing for us on a 3 year deal! A no brainer in my eyes if true.

Sadly we've not heard from that person "in the know" recently.......

...forest get Earnshaw - £2.5 m, proven championship scorer

we get Tyson £750,00.............league 1 sometimes scorer

see we are pushing the boat out again, real ambition.....

I really hope not.

Whos judgement do you back? Colid Calderwood or Gary Johnson? ^_^

Cardiff got Fowler and Sinclair, we got Dele Adebola and Nick Carle. all about making a team click.

Have to say I'm finding the general negativity surrounding the potential purchasing of Tyson incredibly frustrating. Of course, as fans we all have the right to state our views but blunt and outright negative comments are very much unjustified. Tyson has always struck me as having a great deal of potential and if GJ and our scouting network have seen something in him that will improve our squad and team then I entirely trust their much more informed and reasoned opinions.

Have to say I'm finding the general negativity surrounding the potential purchasing of Tyson incredibly frustrating. Of course, as fans we all have the right to state our views but blunt and outright negative comments are very much unjustified. Tyson has always struck me as having a great deal of potential and if GJ and our scouting network have seen something in him that will improve our squad and team then I entirely trust their much more informed and reasoned opinions.

Spot on, far too many people on here are too quick to crush a player before he's even signed let alone played a game, as you say if GJ thinks he would improve his squad then who are we to disagree after what he has done to our club in the past 3 years.

Yes we'd all like Maynard, yes we'd all like Rooney, but who's to say he fit into our clubs close knit seige mentality thats been so well built over the last 2 seasons, its all about opinions but thankfully its only GJ's that counts.

I Second that, cant tackle & always injured

You do know he's a striker don't you? What striker can tackle? Injurys would be a concern, so i have an idea, before signing him lets give him a medical before we commit. Now thats a idea that could catch on....... :blink:

Like someone else said, the negativity of this proposed transfer is amazing. Yes i would love Boyd, Lita, Maynard, Phillips etc but they would all come with some baggage and or risk. It's about managing that risk and deciding whether the pro's outweigh the con's. In my eyes there are two men that are much better at doing that than you or I or anyone else on this forum. Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown. We could go and spend £3million on Lita and he gets arrested on his 1st weekend back in bristol. (not saying he would...) But thats part of the baggage that he comes with, some of the risk that GJ / SL have to assess.

I think Moteab would be a huge gamble, it's a long way from Cairo and judging by the charactar shown by his more famous footballing country men who play in this country it could be a big risk. But GJ isn't stupid and he knows all this, and after thinking about it if he still thinks it's right then he gets my backing.

So lets the guys in the know do thier homework and welcome and give 100% support to whoever is lucky enough to get the chance to pull on a City jersey.

Guest churchill gaffer
:rofl2br:

Fed up with hearing this player and that player!!!!!

By the time we get to buy somebody, it will be the start of the season! then we will have to wait for him to settle in!

And if that happens, we may have lost our best players! Due to transfered!

Everytime I look on here, I expect to see nothing!

Fed up with hearing this player and that player!!!!!

By the time we get to buy somebody, it will be the start of the season! then we will have to wait for him to settle in!

And if that happens, we may have lost our best players! Due to transfered!

Everytime I look on here, I expect to see nothing!

:noexpression: We're still in june!! Lots of players contracts expire on july 1st! Also players are still on breaks! How many signings have actually taken place in the championship? Not many!! :fastasleep:

Archived