IGNORED

Train Arrangements

Tomo

Ten of us booked on 10.30am train - arrive at 12.15pm

Anyone contacted Temple Meads ?

Like our trips over to Cardiff it all seemed a little un-organised !! Remember ?

It would be great to turn up at 10am ish, walk onto the platform - happy days....

I get the feeling this aint going to happen ?

Any thoughts ?

Tomo

A mate who went to Exeter Play offs purchased his tickets and made some general enquiries for me. According to the people in the information office, if you are booked on that train, you got to get on it. How that works for a free for all scrum and the train fills whilst your there, I don't know.

We're on the 7am, and I fear the same!

MM

Ten of us booked on 10.30am train - arrive at 12.15pm

Anyone contacted Temple Meads ?

Like our trips over to Cardiff it all seemed a little un-organised !! Remember ?

It would be great to turn up at 10am ish, walk onto the platform - happy days....

I get the feeling this aint going to happen ?

Any thoughts ?

Tomo

get on a earlier train

I reckon it'll be a free-for-all on all train's from both Bristol stations. I've got Wolves away in my mind where it was so busy the conducter couldn't get round to check tickets with people sat in the aisles and bogs and what not. From 6.30am on Saturday, I imagine it'll be the same regardless of what train you're on. :fingerscrossed:

Guest DanC
When a mate rang up and asked for a certain time, she was told that we will just have to que up. Free for all it is then. Will be getting down there nice and early.
I ###### hope not. I've paid to be on the 6.30ish train from Parkway and I will be going crazy if I don't get on it.

Guest DanC
I think you'll be fine that early Dan. And i'd imagine TM will be busier of the two.
Yea I think I should be but I aim to get there for about 6 just to make sure. I don't even know why we are going to from Parkway, I didn't book the tickets. Well we are meant to go from TM to BP and then BP to LP but I'm just going to get on at Parkway as that is closer to me.

• Admin

remember the queues from years gone by, when people were stacked up right down the slope of Temple Meads down to the main road - if you are stuck in the queue there will be no chance of getting on a train if you are not at the front.

Wonder if FGW are putting on any extra trains ? - they used to put extra on for finals at Cardiff but maybe going to London maybe too much to expect - not seen anything advertised yet ?

For the finals at Cardiff I just used to get on at Bath, wasn't too bad for me as I just stayed at my mother-in-law's the night before which was quite local. Got a seat and had a great view of the fans piling on the platform at Bristol and fighting to get on (and always marvelled at just how dangerous it was!).

Why don't some of you just head to Nailsea and hop on the train there?

Guest DanC
For the finals at Cardiff I just used to get on at Bath, wasn't too bad for me as I just stayed at my mother-in-law's the night before which was quite local. Got a seat and had a great view of the fans piling on the platform at Bristol and fighting to get on (and always marvelled at just how dangerous it was!).

Why don't some of you just head to Nailsea and hop on the train there?

You missed all the fun!

you shouldnt be allowed on the platform without a ticket, surely!

All you got to do is buy a ticket to Bath to get you through the barriers at BTM or Chippenham for Parkway. That's enough to get you onto the platform, the rest is a game of roulette with the conducter... :innocent06:

I reckon it'll be a free-for-all on all train's from both Bristol stations. I've got Wolves away in my mind where it was so busy the conducter couldn't get round to check tickets with people sat in the aisles and bogs and what not. From 6.30am on Saturday, I imagine it'll be the same regardless of what train you're on. :fingerscrossed:

0655 from Plymouth. Expect it to be almost empty so plenty of room for our tinnies.

All you got to do is buy a ticket to Bath to get you through the barriers at BTM or Chippenham for Parkway. That's enough to get you onto the platform, the rest is a game of roulette with the conducter... :innocent06:

Except the barriers at Paddington mean that you'll need to have a valid ticket to london to get through the other end...

Except the barriers at Paddington mean that you'll need to have a valid ticket to london to get through the other end...

Au contraire Sticks, au contraire. If you take a dive to the left of the carriage upon arrival at Paddington, go over the bridge and onto platform one there's always unmanned barriers that are open half way down the platform. Dive out there so you go outside the station and onto the taxi rank then simply walk back in through the main entrance a few seconds later. Done it loads of times. Easy as pie.

Au contraire Sticks, au contraire. If you take a dive to the left of the carriage upon arrival at Paddington, go over the bridge and onto platform one there's always unmanned barriers that are open half way down the platform. Dive out there so you go outside the station and onto the taxi rank then simply walk back in through the main entrance a few seconds later. Done it loads of times. Easy as pie.

Very true, in fact go over the bridge to the other end (i.e other end to platform 1) and there's no barriers at all. Weird really, one of the busiest stations in the UK and a lot of the platforms have no barriers!

Just been on Great Western website,

There is still availability on every train that morning !!

Thats 20 trains running from 6am to 11.30am

In view of that, it gives you a little confidence that you should get on your booked train !

Tomo

Archived