IGNORED

Train Arrangements

Tomo

If you have reserved a First Class seat you are guaranteed to get your seat.

If someone is sat in your seat, without a First Class ticket, they are not entitled

to sit in that seat.

I'm getting on a Bath Spa, so hopefully there won't be as many people on the platform trying to get on.

Complaints to:

michael.holmes@firstgroup.com Operations Manager responsible (!!!?) for Temple Meads

andrew.haines@firstgroup.com Chief Operating Officer for First Group - appointed Sepetember 2007, better let him know what a shambles he's joined!

Copy in

fgwfeedback@firstgroup.com ,in theory supposed to investigate every complaint.

Email sent to Michael Homes:

Dear Michael,

I have been told the following from GWR,

I visited Temple Meads to collect my tickets earlier this afternoon,

Whilst there, I was told that no reserved ticket is guaranteed and a queing system will be in place from 7am,

200 people will be allowed through in intervals ****il the next train allocation is full) and those with tickets will be directed to the platform. Anyone without tickets will be directed to purchase tickets in advance at the station for that next train!

This means I AM not guaranteed to be on the train I booked. It is simply a lottery on the day dependant on where you are in the queue...

I have also spoken to Great Western Customer Services on 08457 000125 and they have confirmed these arrangements.

His name was Andrew Pike,

Please confirm your arrangements on the day please...

Kindest Regards

David Thomas

Email sent to Michael Homes:

Dear Michael,

I have been told the following from GWR,

I visited Temple Meads to collect my tickets earlier this afternoon,

Whilst there, I was told that no reserved ticket is guaranteed and a queing system will be in place from 7am,

200 people will be allowed through in intervals ****il the next train allocation is full) and those with tickets will be directed to the platform. Anyone without tickets will be directed to purchase tickets in advance at the station for that next train!

This means I AM not guaranteed to be on the train I booked. It is simply a lottery on the day dependant on where you are in the queue...

I have also spoken to Great Western Customer Services on 08457 000125 and they have confirmed these arrangements.

His name was Andrew Pike,

Please confirm your arrangements on the day please...

Kindest Regards

David Thomas

This email has been sent to Andrew Haines:

Dear Andrew,

Please see email drafted and sent to Michael Homes,

This is regarding ticket arrangements for the Trains departing from Temple Meads Bristol to London Paddington.

Can I have your thoughts on the arrangements planned for Saturday 24th May. Bristol City fans will be travelling to the Championship Play Off Final.

Regards

David Thomas

8am from Parkway, and if your in my seat god help you :bruce_h4h:

What happens if your at the back of a 500 person queue and regardless of the fact you have got a ticket they are working on a first come first served basis meaning you cannot board your 8am train???

Upgrades for first class are £10 per person per journey; so if you are worried about it, for £20 you can guarentee a seat (a comfortable one at that) for both legs of the trip, but you'd better do it qick because I think it will be pretty full even in first class.

8am from Parkway, and if your in my seat god help you :bruce_h4h:

Sure, there ain't going to be nobody sat in your seat! :laugh:

When we went to Palace all the seat reservations had been removed because of the anticipated crowd, getting on at Parkway might get you a toilet seat!

So the queue system starts at 7, my train is at 7 so does that mean i can just stroll up at say 6.45 and get on?? who knows? to be safe i am getting down to TM at 6 if theres no queue then i will just sit on platform 15 with me cans of natch ( don't think i have ever been smashed before 7 o'clock) joking aside though it would be good if First Great Weston or the British Transport police could release at statement in the press regarding all this so we all know what the score is!

Good luck to all train goers on sat fingers crossed for you all

So the queue system starts at 7, my train is at 7 so does that mean i can just stroll up at say 6.45 and get on?? who knows? to be safe i am getting down to TM at 6 if theres no queue then i will just sit on platform 15 with me cans of natch ( don't think i have ever been smashed before 7 o'clock) joking aside though it would be good if First Great Weston or the British Transport police could release at statement in the press regarding all this so we all know what the score is!

Good luck to all train goers on sat fingers crossed for you all

That's right mate. But everybody else on your train will have the exact same idea, and the trains after. The problem I see is actually geting on ton the station.

Imagine the scene, queue of 800 people, it's 7.50 and your on the 8.30 train, you walk by the queue saying ' I'm not pushing in, that's my train pulling in' - you're not going get to the entrance in one piece are you, no matter if your on the next train or not.

I really hope a statement is made from the powers that be concerning this.

Guest DanC
Sure, there ain't going to be nobody sat in your seat! :laugh:

When we went to Palace all the seat reservations had been removed because of the anticipated crowd, getting on at Parkway might get you a toilet seat!

The train I'm on from Parkway don't stop at BTM so should be pretty much empty really.

What happens if your at the back of a 500 person queue and regardless of the fact you have got a ticket they are working on a first come first served basis meaning you cannot board your 8am train???

Easy. I got a seat No, if someone is sat in it, he/she gets out.

I will be there at 7 15am, there wont be 500 there at that time

Easy. I got a seat No, if someone is sat in it, he/she gets out.

I will be there at 7 15am, there wont be 500 there at that time

and if they refuse because someone is sat in their seat, what then, violence, physical ejection, suppose it is someone with a family?

.. not so straight forward then...

I'm on the 11: 00 out of TM, already starting to worry if its cutting it fine in case of delays. Fall back plan would have to be a shared cab all the way to wembley !

the train people should make clear their intentions otherwise it will be a free-for-all!

and if they refuse because someone is sat in their seat, what then, violence, physical ejection, suppose it is someone with a family?

.. not so straight forward then...

You need to take a chill pill RH. It will all be good natured at that time in the morning. Its a day to cheris, have a great crack, have a few (well maybe more) beers and enjoy ourselves.

Getting home could be a different matter

I'm on the 7.02am from Parkway, already got an open return.

Hopefully it won't be busy at that time. BUT from what I remember for the Millennium Stadium they had one Q into the station for those without tickets and one Q for those who did.

That should be a simple enough solution.

According to the FGW website, they have this statement regading travel to Paddington on Saturday...

"Customers travelling to the play-off football final at Wembley are advised that services between Bristol and London Paddington in the morning are going to be very busy.

Boarding controls will be in operation and customers travelling without a seat reservation may not be able to get to Wembley in time for kick off.

Boarding controls will also be in operation at London Paddington after the match."

For me, that says that they will be checking seat reservations, doesn't it?

It does seem confusing that the Customer Service is saying one thing and the Website something entirely different. They really need to come up with a formal, definitive statment of the arrangements for Saturday.

I have now received a reply from Mr Holmes....

Not good news !

Dear David

I can confirm that due to the excessive amount of people who will be travelling to London on Saturday, that a queueing system will be in place.

Mike Holmes

Station Manager, Bristol Temple Meads

Tel - 0117 934 8220 (07 42220)

Mob - 0773 608 7668

First Greater Western Limited.

Registered in England & Wales No. 05113733.

Registered office: Milford House, 1 Milford Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1HL.

I have now received a reply from Mr Holmes....

Not good news !

Dear David

I can confirm that due to the excessive amount of people who will be travelling to London on Saturday, that a queueing system will be in place.

Mike Holmes

Station Manager, Bristol Temple Meads

Tel - 0117 934 8220 (07 42220)

Mob - 0773 608 7668

First Greater Western Limited.

Registered in England & Wales No. 05113733.

Registered office: Milford House, 1 Milford Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1HL.

So, the point in buying a reserved seat was....?

What a ###### Joke

So, the point in buying a reserved seat was....?

What a ###### Joke

Tell me about it, I have replied to him with the following:

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your reply,

What about my reserved tickets ??

Kindest Regards

David

Tell me about it, I have replied to him with the following:

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your reply,

What about my reserved tickets ??

Kindest Regards

David

Just received this back!! What a joke

Thank you for contacting First Great Western. We are currently answering

90% of all contacts within 5 days. If you have a more urgent issue that

needs resolving please telephone on 08457 000125 where we will try to give

a faster resolution.

Ive just spoken on the phone to first great western and they told me this:

No matter if you have reserved ticket, it is on a first come first serve basis. Therefore the earlier you get there the more chance of a train in time you have. A Queing system will be in operation. When asked whether this would be the same at Paddington on the way back, she said most likely yes.

Archived