IGNORED

Train Arrangements

Tomo

I tried to get on the 08:30, but it was fully booked. However, my sister got tickets for the 08:30 a week later.... how does that work?

They have been putting on extra carriages on some trains. It was the same for the 7:00am. We booked ours OK, then some mates couldn't. The next day they could and now have tickets. Spoke to my Dad who said that they were adding carriages to ensure there are no problems with overcrowding.

MM

In view the probable c**k up on Saturday morning, I have just visited Temple Meads to collect my tickets,

Whilst there, I was told that no reserved ticket is guaranteed and a queing system will be in place from 7am,

200 people will be allowed through in intervals ****il the next train allocation is full) and those with tickets will be directed to the platform. Anyone without tickets will be directed to purchase tickets in advance at the station for that next train!

This means YOU are not guaranteed to be on the train you booked. It is simply a lottery on the day dependant on where you are in the queue...

I have also spoken to Great Western Customer Services on 08457 000125 and they have confirmed these arrangements.

I think it is pretty p*ss poor why they can not adopt two queing systems, one for reservations, one for non reservations. Reservations are allowed through first, then non reservations follow...

Any thoughts guys ?

Tomo

In view the probable c**k up on Saturday morning, I have just visited Temple Meads to collect my tickets,

Whilst there, I was told that no reserved ticket is guaranteed and a queing system will be in place from 7am,

200 people will be allowed through in intervals ****il the next train allocation is full) and those with tickets will be directed to the platform. Anyone without tickets will be directed to purchase tickets in advance at the station for that next train!

This means YOU are not guaranteed to be on the train you booked. It is simply a lottery on the day dependant on where you are in the queue...

I have also spoken to Great Western Customer Services on 08457 000125 and they have confirmed these arrangements.

I think it is pretty p*ss poor why they can not adopt two queing systems, one for reservations, one for non reservations. Reservations are allowed through first, then non reservations follow...

Any thoughts guys ?

Tomo

That would require someone at Worst Great Western to use their initiative which is something sadly lacking where they're concerned.

My suggestion is check where your train originates from and if its stopping at Nailsea, Yatton etc. get yourself a lift down there. May be a bit more hassle but beats getting shafted when you get to temple meads.

Any thoughts guys ?

Tomo

As others have said, I'd also recommend getting on a train at Yatton or Nailsea & Backwell that's going straight through from Weston to London. Failing that, just get on a local service at Parson Street, Bedminster or any of the stops on the Severn Beach line and change at Temple Meads. When you get out at TM you will be in the station, around the platforms and avoiding most of the queue for the London trains.

I'm alright though, I'm getting a lift to Wembley! :innocent06:

Any thoughts guys ?

Tomo

That's not what they told me when I rang them an hour or so ago.

I was told if I had a reservation for a specific seat on a train I was guaranteed to be on that train. There will be a queueing system (possibly for each separate train) and those people with seat reservations for that train will be allowed on first.

Perhaps the Supporters Trust could clarify this for us.

I spoke to Kerry at GWR Customer Services (option 2 when you dial: 08457000125). She confirmed

that as long as you have a reserved ticket with seat number you are guaranteed your seat (open

ended tickets, for example, do not guarantee a seat on any train service).

• Admin
They have been putting on extra carriages on some trains. It was the same for the 7:00am. We booked ours OK, then some mates couldn't. The next day they could and now have tickets. Spoke to my Dad who said that they were adding carriages to ensure there are no problems with overcrowding.

MM

The most that can be added to a HST is one more coach, they usually run with eight, which is two 1st class, the buffet (which is 1st class) and five standard class coaches. There aren't too many spare coaches about.

The standard HST has 472 seats.

For those that haven't travelled on them lately, you'll find they have a few more seats in standard class (less table seats than before) and pretty plush leather seats in 1st class.

Andrew Pike from gwr customer services liaised with Bristol Temple Meads whilst I was on the phone to him and as mentioned told me that the arrangements were as follows:

A queing system will be in place from 7am,

You don't know who to believe but that is what I was told and was offered a REFUND if I do not like these arrangements!

Tomo

The most that can be added to a HST is one more coach, they usually run with eight, which is two 1st class, the buffet (which is 1st class) and five standard class coaches. There aren't too many spare coaches about.

The standard HST has 472 seats.

For those that haven't travelled on them lately, you'll find they have a few more seats in standard class (less table seats than before) and pretty plush leather seats in 1st class.

I was also told by gwr that the HST on the day will be accomodating 740 seating (standing maybe adopted dependant on numbers - this could be 200-300 standing! - not exactly ideal!)

i don't care if i stand or sit i just want to know that i will be able to get on the train i have booked to be on.

Just spoke to FGW. Apparently any one who turns up with an open ticket is as entitled to get on the train as those with a reserved ticket. So if they get there first and train is full by the time you get to the front of the queue and there is no room for any more you won't get on.

Open ticket means you can get any train on Saturday whereas if you have a reserved time ticket like you & I you can't.

It's going to get messy.

RD

Just spoke to FGW. Apparently any one who turns up with an open ticket is as entitled to get on the train as those with a reserved ticket. So if they get there first and train is full by the time you get to the front of the queue and there is no room for any more you won't get on.

Open ticket means you can get any train on Saturday whereas if you have a reserved time ticket like you & I you can't.

It's going to get messy.

RD

Along the same lines to what I was told but the chap I spoke to said, "200 fans will be filtered from the queue each time whether they have a ticket or not"

It will get messy and annoying!

Complaints to:

michael.holmes@firstgroup.com Operations Manager responsible (!!!?) for Temple Meads

andrew.haines@firstgroup.com Chief Operating Officer for First Group - appointed Sepetember 2007, better let him know what a shambles he's joined!

Copy in

fgwfeedback@firstgroup.com ,in theory supposed to investigate every complaint.

Archived