IGNORED

Trouble On The Cumberland Basin

madmax

Just heard from a mate that there is some serious trouble on the Cumberland Basin. Apparently there was a bridge swing and Millwall Fans got stuck in coaches and City fans kicked off setting fire to one coach and pouncing on fans getting off. Sounds serious as one fan, not sure if it's City or Millwall is in a very bad way.

Tops it off really!

MM

it is true. Coach on fire and bollards being thrown at it. not sure how it ended?! (was called by someone who was there)

really not good, especially with all the press finally sitting up and taking notice of us, now we go and embarrass ourselves on and off the pitch.

like someone said in an earlier thread, the worst thing about today is the extra 3000 fans who will never bother to come again after that performance. They wonder why the gates aren't great, but whenever there is a buzz around Ashton gate for a big game and the crowd is large, there is usually a disappointment at the end of it!

Just heard from a mate that there is some serious trouble on the Cumberland Basin. Apparently there was a bridge swing and Millwall Fans got stuck in coaches and City fans kicked off setting fire to one coach and pouncing on fans getting off. Sounds serious as one fan, not sure if it's City or Millwall is in a very bad way.

Tops it off really!

MM

If true then this is horrific. Totally inexcusable and will tarnish the name of BCFC. These kind of acts (again, if this is true) give fuel to the anti-stadium fire that Ferguson and Rayner et al burn.

Really hope this isn't true.

what a dumb-ass thing to write

I'm hoping he meant it ironically - against those who tried to pass off the graffiti at the Mem as being those people...hopefully...

The thing is these simply aren't City fans. They're complete knob jockeys only intent on a scrap that have attached themselves to the City just so they have a "cause" to fight for. Sadly every club has them, but we would all - society in general, not just the club - be far better off if they were just to die a horribly painful and lonely death. Nothing but a menace and a burden to society, and nothing more than the scum deserve for bringing intimidation and fear to some people's lives. And no.....I'm not being harsh!

I know the general public will sadly see this as City fans on the rampage, but i do at least feel confident myself that the term "fans" or "supporters" is in reality applied in the minutest meaning of the word.

if 2 firms wanna meet for punch up fair enough but to attack a coach this way when there could be kids on board really is shocking....i also hope this is not true or its not as bad as it is made out to sound :fingerscrossed:

Sorry but I completely disagree - it's not fair enough at all, because there will always be someone innocent caught up in it - whether it be a passer by, onlookers who end up terrified, someone who has property damaged, or the police that have to step in and try and break it up. Trouble is not acceptable or excusable at any time - anywhere.

Sorry but I completely disagree - it's not fair enough at all, because there will always be someone innocent caught up in it - whether it be a passer by, onlookers who end up terrified, someone who has property damaged, or the police that have to step in and try and break it up. Trouble is not acceptable or excusable at any time - anywhere.

i take your point and agree, what i meant was that a scuffle between firms or what ever you wanna call them is relatively minor to what has been alledged on here reguarding setting fire to a coach.

I was caught down there as it happened - there was a bridge swing so no traffic going anywhere. Looked like city fans attacking the coaches but Im not really sure - no colours on display. It was really bad - lots of bottles, stones, fires extinguishers being thrown about - people joining in from the pump house and rose of denmark.

We called the police, but there was absolutely no police there at all. That's the worst thing! My girlfriend was really shaken up, guys getting stamped on, smashing bus windows, and nothing that we could do - couldnt even move as we were blocked in! Not great planning from the port authority I have to say!

I was caught down there as it happened - there was a bridge swing so no traffic going anywhere. Looked like city fans attacking the coaches but Im not really sure - no colours on display. It was really bad - lots of bottles, stones, fires extinguishers being thrown about - people joining in from the pump house and rose of denmark.

We called the police, but there was absolutely no police there at all. That's the worst thing! My girlfriend was really shaken up, guys getting stamped on, smashing bus windows, and nothing that we could do - couldnt even move as we were blocked in! Not great planning from the port authority I have to say!

Exactly what I have been told. My mate was in the Rose and the guy that has apparently dies had his head smashed with a fire extinguisher. I am gutted this has happened and seriously poor planning by all authorities regarding the bridge swing.

MM

it's all about reputation, being known and all that stuff, which makes it even more pathetic. If this is true then not only will someone have lost a best friend/son/brother etc, then the return leg at the new den is going to be hell on earth, with people wanting 'payback' in anyway possible.

Archived