IGNORED

Fifa 16

Sir Colby-Tit

I have 12 months, it's only 19.99 and you get access to a lot of free games. Complete no brainer. Especially as in 6-8 months time, FIFA16 will be on there and you can download it and sell your disc copy for £20 which pays for your annual membership!

I hate EA but it's crazy value for money so fair play to them, can't knock them on this!

Is it just me or are the opposition very good at retaining the ball and pinging passes everywhere? Anyway started a manager career as City generally 4231 formation

• GK: Fielding
  • RB: Little
  • CB: Flint
  • CB: Williams 
  • LB: Bryan
  • CM: Smith
  • CM: Dele Alli (loan, 2 year I think)
  • RW: Kodjia
  • CAM: Odegaard (2 year loan)
  • LW: Freeman
  • ST: James Wilson (2 year loan)

Loving the training feature especially the rondo passing drill.

In terms of career mode, are there enough changes to justify buying at full price? I've seen it said not in other places, but would be more trusting of opinions from a football forum than a gaming site.  

If career mode is mainly what you play - not really.

The gameplay is better I think but Career feels lazily done as with previous titles. The training feature is really good but when you compare it to NBA 2K's career it's pretty embarrassingly poor.

FIFA mainly care about Ultimate Team so they can make more money unfortunately.

If you change Freeman's position to LM he becomes 69 overall and Stade Muncipal (sp) looks a fair bit like the new AG if you change our stadium.

If career mode is mainly what you play - not really.

The gameplay is better I think but Career feels lazily done as with previous titles. The training feature is really good but when you compare it to NBA 2K's career it's pretty embarrassingly poor.

FIFA mainly care about Ultimate Team so they can make more money unfortunately.

If you change Freeman's position to LM he becomes 69 overall and Stade Muncipal (sp) looks a fair bit like the new AG if you change our stadium.

thanks, that's pretty much what I've seen elsewhere.

I suspect at some point FUT will become a free to play standalone, but until then it really does seem to be the focus.  I like it, but it's far too shallow in the long term for me.

@hodge I've also had a few problems like that. If the ref plays the advantage and they dont score the ref gives a freekick. I have also given away a silly amount of penalties this year which have not been penalties yet my players get bundled over and does lots of rolls on the floor yet no penalty is given.

There is also a huge problem with the ref playing advantage to me after a foul. Many times ive then played a through ball which will put me clean through on goal and the ref pulls it back for a FK on thr half way line. I have also noticed with quick freekicks sometimes this could be 10 yards forward of where thr foul was commited.

Also still facing people who are being over powered. It may be down to custom tactics but ive not yet been able to make my players appear to have 99 pace with custom tactics yet.

It appears many other people are suffering the same issues. Now I can put up with losing if the other player is better but not when they are being a clear advantage. My online record is something like 30 losses a couple of draws and 4 wins. Im not the greatest of players but generally in all previous versions of FUT I find myself between div 2 and 3 most of the time. Its great they have cut out through balls etc but ive always been a possesion player. On previous versions my pass accuracy was always about 85% yet on this game which apprently favours possion play my accuracy is below 60%

It certainly seems the most difficult FIFA yet imo. I'm struggling big time (mostly play online seasons) and have lost most of the matches I've played. It feels pretty sluggish (playing as City anyway) and even though the defending is improved in terms of stopping easy counter attacks I still can't defend for shit (which is weird seeing as I play as City..).

I've had one or two spells of really good football though so I'm hopeful that there's a learning curve there and when it clicks I'll start to be more consistent.

Right now I hate the game and wonder why I bought it yet at the same time it feels like I'm not too far away from really liking it.

Archived