IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday Tickets (Merged) :petition Link Added

Dolman_Stand

When clubs are all loosing millions of pounds every season, they would be foolish to disregard any income streams. Sheff Wed are hardly Chelsea!

Foolish owners of a football club. Mmm like that's ever going to happen?? ;)  :yes:

Good idea, but the Prem wouldn't have it

Fair comment. Maybe let the Prem do their own thing and make it a football league ruling then..?

Or, how about a reciprocal deals amongst clubs to have a set price for season ticket holders of the visiting club..?

Fair comment. Maybe let the Prem do their own thing and make it a football league ruling then..?

Or, how about a reciprocal deals amongst clubs to have a set price for season ticket holders of the visiting club..?

Think that would work,but only if the clubs wanted it enough...great idea though  :clap:

Couldn't help but notice that a few fans on the Wednesday forum were defending the ticket prices as necessary to fund a successful team. Apart from the questionable logic, am I the only one who finds it actually quite sad when supporters believe the only way they can achieve success is for them to pay outrageously high, unaffordable prices to watch outrageously overpaid players? What has football become if supporters are willing to defend this scenario?

Aye of course there's non of us in Wakey, Hudders, Dewsbury, Batley etc, stop talking guff.

Ok lets not get into the debate of where Wednesday's fans live. Lets get down to the important bit of what is your opinion of the tickets prices for the opening game of the season?

Of course the bigger issue is, what if they are not the only side that charges similar to this?

We've just stepped up a league so there would have been some increase, but who is to say others are not similar?

Cardiff boycotted Leeds last season because of it. Albeit they wouldn't have if they were doing well, it was still a statement

As someone who doesn't have much disposable income, I beg that if you can afford to go, please don't for people like me who are the majority in football.

I understand your point but I'm very much against boycotts of football.

Boycotting just stinks of "I've got an excuse not to bother"

A far more efficive protest would be to go but stay in the car park and refuse to pay the entry fee, or something along those lines. Demonstrate with banners, not just go shopping instead.

I understand your point but I'm very much against boycotts of football.

Boycotting just stinks of "I've got an excuse not to bother"

A far more efficive protest would be to go but stay in the car park and refuse to pay the entry fee, or something along those lines. Demonstrate with banners, not just go shopping instead.

If stadiums were empty it would change. I agree that an actual protest is more efficient but as others have said, it won't just be Sheffield Wednesday where we see these kinds of prices. Organising a protest at each one would be unachievable. What I would see as achievable however is boycotting over priced games but then travelling on mass to the cheaper games with banners that say things like 

"Look what you missed out on SWFC" 

Boycott the expensive ones before protesting at the cheaper. That is more achievable imo.

As someone who doesn't have much disposable income, I beg that if you can afford to go, please don't for people like me who are the majority in football.

I'm going, pointless boycotting an away match. It would be different if it was an home game and it was our board doing it all I see this will do is give Wednesday a further advantage if Our boys were to look up and see no one supporting them

Archived