IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday Tickets (Merged) :petition Link Added

Dolman_Stand

Like Leeds, another team living in the past !

Exactly this.  A yesterday club living in a Victorian stadium which has had a light refurb.

Don't get me wrong, I love stadiums like this but they (SWFC) are no great pull.

But thats not what he said? It was if anyone pays that price they are brain dead. Not no-one should pay this as a protest...

And not going because others can't afford it? Also a strange comment for what is some peoples hobby. I bought myself a new car a few months ago, but by that logic I should have bought an old banger because some people cant afford a new car? Or I should live in a bedsit because not everyone can afford a 3 bed house?

If your new car was ( let's say ) selling at 15k last year, would you have happily paid 20k this year?!

maybe the club would take notice then.

The only way they would take notice is if their supporters doesn't turn up to home games, it affects their pockets then.

Why should we charge that amount? We should make our tickets cheap, so they can see how many fans would follow the club at a decent price. That also means a sell out and nice profit for us.

They have a capacity of 39k yet last season averaged just over 50% of this capacity on average at 21k, surely logic would suggest that if they can get even an extra 10k in by reducing prices or other incentives it will be a better all round experience for everyone and still generate extra cash, instead they are just charging the same fans more money to generate income, so short sighted, a half filled stadium should indicate they need to change how they do things but they seem to be living off the back of the glory years of the 90's!

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

• Admin

West Yorkshire has a predominance of affluent areas, especially when comparing it to South Yorkshire, but it's way easier to talk absolute trash on here!

affluent areas maybe, but doesn't mean all the support come from there!

No away fans will hurt Sheffield Wednesday.

Do you really think so? I reckon a majority of chairman if not all of them would love it if no away fans showed up. Especially ours which ,shall we say, can get a bit boisterous. :chant6ez: I suppose we should count ourselves lucky we are Cat B game  :sad26: . I would imagine Leeds fans will be paying Cat A prices all season.  Sheff Weds fans are righfully up in arms about it, but its their fight. If you cant afford it then that's fair enough dont go, but if you think you are making some grand gesture by boycotting the game, well in my opinion that wont make any difference whatsoever to the Sheff Weds board.

Do you really think so? I reckon a majority of chairman if not all of them would love it if no away fans showed up. Especially ours which ,shall we say, can get a bit boisterous. :chant6ez: I suppose we should count ourselves lucky we are Cat B game  :sad26: . I would imagine Leeds fans will be paying Cat A prices all season.  Sheff Weds fans are righfully up in arms about it, but its their fight. If you cant afford it then that's fair enough dont go, but if you think you are making some grand gesture by boycotting the game, well in my opinion that wont make any difference whatsoever to the Sheff Weds board.

From a financial point of view its got to hasn't it? Its not like with no away fans that home fans will fill these seats. They will be losing out on revenue from ticket sales, food and drink in the ground and programme sales etc. Over a 23 home game season it might cost them a fair bit and when there are some FFP rules then surely they will want to generate as much turnover as possible. 

I don't think the logic behind this pricing has anything to do with away fans or Bristol City. It's the first home game of the season and Wednesday are splashing decent money on potentially exciting players. The expectation will be that they will get a pretty good crowd come to see the dawn of a new era- maybe 28-30k? In which case if the away following halves because they can't swallow the prices, the board won't care. They'll also know that a lot of people will have already booked trains and hotels and won't have any choice but to pay it

I don't think the away fans come into it at all really

From a financial point of view its got to hasn't it? Its not like with no away fans that home fans will fill these seats. They will be losing out on revenue from ticket sales, food and drink in the ground and programme sales etc. Over a 23 home game season it might cost them a fair bit and when there are some FFP rules then surely they will want to generate as much turnover as possible. 

I dont think so, if we were playing some small non league or lower league side, like Bristol Rovers say :yes: then it would hurt them if away fans didn't turn up but would a couple of 1000 or so not turning up at an established Championship side cause them a financial issue, I really cant see it. I would imagine most of their budget forecasts will be based on home gates.  

Archived