IGNORED

Ryan Fredericks

Robson

Word of caution. He spent the whole of last year on loan at Middlesbrough, yet they didn't sign him on permanently.

There might be reasons for their lack of interest, or perhaps he didn't want to live tup North. Good luck to the lad, but let's keep our expectations to a realistic level.

Anyone else concerned about the wage budget and having too big a squad???

Anyone else concerned by there only being two pages? He must be rubbish.

My only concern is that we have made 2 signings and our resident ITK's knew nowt, it took a poster called Heidi. Still at least our telephone problems have been sorted for the time being.

Word of caution. He spent the whole of last year on loan at Middlesbrough, yet they didn't sign him on permanently.

There might be reasons for their lack of interest, or perhaps he didn't want to live tup North. Good luck to the lad, but let's keep our expectations to a realistic level.

I've thought the same, but from the little I know about him, he seems ideally suited to being a wing back and Boro play with a back 4. I don't think he's a world beater or anything, but he stuck around at Spurs until he was 22 and was wanted by Boro last season, so he must have some ability and strikes me as a pretty good signing to be honest

Good reports on him on the Middlesbrough forum, he seems to have been rated by a lot of their fans

"I thought Fredericks was brilliant for us last season. Really surprised we didn't go in for him again. With AK's theory of true competition for every position I think Fredericks and Kalas would have been battling it out for the starters spot."

"Apparently he only went for 250k! That is an absolute steal"

"That's a good signing for them. I thought he was by far our best right back last season. A little bit more experience and I think he's capable of playing in the Premier League too."

to quote but a few!

Good reports on him on the Middlesbrough forum, he seems to have been rated by a lot of their fans

"I thought Fredericks was brilliant for us last season. Really surprised we didn't go in for him again. With AK's theory of true competition for every position I think Fredericks and Kalas would have been battling it out for the starters spot."

"Apparently he only went for 250k! That is an absolute steal"

"That's a good signing for them. I thought he was by far our best right back last season. A little bit more experience and I think he's capable of playing in the Premier League too."

to quote but a few!

That's very positive!

From my very well informed Spurs mate..

He had a couple good cup games few seasons back but couldn't break through. Jury's still out I reckon but heaps of potential

Exactly the sort of player we should be aiming for - potential that we can nurture and benefit from , and if fee reported is true not even a gamble

From a Tottenham Forum this morning asked what he is like

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SpursLegend viewpost-right.png

Decent RB, good going forward, nice bit of pace, never really got a proper chance at Spurs because of our policy of buying at least 3 right backs per season, but still got the odd chance in the Europa League and impressed. I think a deal like this to a Championship club is best for him - I think he'll be a hit for you.

I'm just relieved it's not Carter-Vickers laugh.gif

From BBC:

How quickly things can change in football...

09:41 BST: So Steve Cotterill, any new signings coming in for Bristol City? "Who knows? You never know."

10:27 BST: Bristol City announce the signing of Ryan Fredericks.

Cotterill was keeping his cards close to his chest, but within the hour, City brought in the wing-back from Premier League side Tottenham. The 22-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Ashton Gate.

What a bloke!

My only concern is that we have made 2 signings and our resident ITK's knew nowt, it took a poster called Heidi. Still at least our telephone problems have been sorted for the time being.

"High on a hill sat a lonely goat herd

yodel lodel yodel lodel yo hey ho"

You can see the signings coming better from Switzerland..

Archived