IGNORED

Ryan Fredericks

Robson

Just watched the Player interview. Comes across as hungry to start his career, leaving the Spurs "nest". Not expecting to walk into the team. Knows Korey and Luke Ayling, excited about our playing style. RB or RWB who likes to get forward. Articulate. Knows the Championship.

Altogether, on first impressions, very impressive signing...

Agreed. Seems really pleased to be here.

I hope he becomes as good as Danny Rose is now! Chelsea are on for buying him at 15m

Home grown quota is the bigger driver behind that price than quality I fear.

Seeing a few Middlesbrough fans comments on twitter this guy should be something to get excited about, seems to be the same things being said. Fast, Strong, very good defensively and going forward. One slight concern was a few said he was injury prone, so couldn't get himself back into their team after a promising start. Let's hope he stays fit and we reap the rewards. Seems Cotts must have been worried about Little in the championship both injury wise and ability.

Home grown quota is the bigger driver behind that price than quality I fear.

It will be part of the reason yes but they have plenty of younger players in their academy they could promote rather than waste 15m on Rose. Also Spurs fans have been surprised at how good he has got.

Seeing a few Middlesbrough fans comments on twitter this guy should be something to get excited about, seems to be the same things being said. Fast, Strong, very good defensively and going forward. One slight concern was a few said he was injury prone, so couldn't get himself back into their team after a promising start. Let's hope he stays fit and we reap the rewards. Seems Cotts must have been worried about Little in the championship both injury wise and ability.

I think it's a position we're a bit light in more than anything, we had Tavernier on loan last season who plays the same role.

Wonder who we approached first assuming we spoke to JT too?

What does 'signed' mean?

Bottom left or right hand corner of the bearer bond; does not even have to be endorsed just handed over to QPR and he's their player. I assume that is what everyone is referring to, ie in the 'you can play with your new toy for a little while but he's ours' QPR type of way.

BREAKING: QPR forcibly remove Ryan Fredericks from Failand and take him to London.

No need but maybe thats the cover up sub plot.

It's got to be said, the club are doing a fantastic job of keeping deals under wraps. Kodjia and Fredericks both seemed to be rumoured only hours before deals announced.

Really chuffed with this one.

On paper they look like two quality signings in the mould Cotts likes. There is often method to the madness; while other clubs have been buying loads of players, and I bet a lot of it will prove to be dross, we have been doing a lot of homework behind the scenes and fending off the hysteria amongst fans and certain journo's who, this close season, are starting to look like rabbits in a car's headlights while on a magic roundabout.

Surely he'd rather stay in London ?

Its only 40 minutes up the road from the Heliport.

Word of caution. He spent the whole of last year on loan at Middlesbrough, yet they didn't sign him on permanently.

There might be reasons for their lack of interest, or perhaps he didn't want to live tup North. Good luck to the lad, but let's keep our expectations to a realistic level.

Have you been to Boro? Even not living in the place matters little; after 30 minutes of trying to drive my way through the barren landscape I was feeling depressed and I am never depressed.

From my very well informed Spurs mate..

He had a couple good cup games few seasons back but couldn't break through. Jury's still out I reckon but heaps of potential

But he failed to pre-warn you of the signing.. some mate he is.  :disapointed2se:

Good old Stockhausen....

@AndyStockhausen: New @bcfctweets signing Ryan Fredericks will go straight into the squad for tomorrow's game at @swfc. He is a right wing-back by trade.

As if that last little sentence is supposed to round off an entirely unique and informative little ditty.  :rolleyes:

He's obviously on holiday in Australia where it is already Friday ( and where we have also signed 3 more players ) .

ere.. its only 1939 here in Manila which means its 2139 on the east coast of Oz. Friday is indeed on the mind though. ;)

Lots of people claiming this is a "great signing" - how many of them have actually seen him play?  The same things were said about El Abd.  Happy we've added to our squad but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play.

Brighton fans saying he was great and now Spurs fans saying the same thing about Fredericks. Fair point I suppose, all relative and all that but I got a feeling this chap will prove a little better. Time will tell.

I wouldn't worry too much, it would appear that the phone system is now working and calls are being returned.

Haha, good!

I reckon we'll see, as loanees/permenant

1xGK

1xCB/LB (a versatile left sider)

2x midfielders - one defensive and one attacking

1x striker - competition for Wilbraham

Based on where the squad seems thin - maybe another centre back too.

No inside knowledge on this mind.

I think it's a position we're a bit light in more than anything, we had Tavernier on loan last season who plays the same role.

Wonder who we approached first assuming we spoke to JT too?

Interestingly I see Warburton was also after Fredericks for Rangers a month or so ago - Cotts and Warburton appear to have similar views - Who got their first choice

Got to be Cotts with Fredericks, surely

There was a huge clue yesterday in the interview where SC paid tribute to Little and stated how serious the injury actually was, undoubtedly Fredericks will start and will have a chance to cement his place as number 1 RWB and that would probably have been a big part of his thought process before signing.

Just a thought what does this mean for Waggy?

Assume from the fact Ryan is now at the club, Steve intends on using Scott in a midfield role off the bench this season? Always thought he was a lot more influential in midfield than at Wing Back, looked out of sorts at times.

Hoping this is the case as opposed to Steve freeing up Scott for a potential move somewhere seeing as we now have two RWB's!

Liking this even more now

Wicked fast right back who most Spurs fans loved immediately when he came on in our Europa League game.
But as said above he's drowned in our purchases of others in his position, especially when we signed Yedlin who's perhaps the fastest there is in the game.
QPR has been chasing him, so surprised you landed him, think he'll do great for you guys.
Who knows maybe we'll hear of a Carter-Vickers loan in coming days and that was the mix up from your ITK guy.

Made I laugh historically mate.

Never mind the past, did it make you laugh today?

Word of caution. He spent the whole of last year on loan at Middlesbrough, yet they didn't sign him on permanently.

There might be reasons for their lack of interest, or perhaps he didn't want to live tup North. Good luck to the lad, but let's keep our expectations to a realistic level.

As others have said, all the Boro fans i've seen on Twitter have said how they hoped to have signed him if he hadn't picked up an injury. To a man they all rave about the lad.

Never heard of him... Can only be a good thing right?

Which side does he play on?

"So Ryan, what side do you play on?"

"right" said Fredericks  ;)

Nevermind all the forum ITK's being in the dark, our intrepid local reporter had no idea despite all his sources.

Archived