IGNORED

Ryan Fredericks

Robson

Hahahahahahahaha, having watched a lot of Swedish football in the past 3 years I can confirm this is utter bollocks.

He chats utter bollocks mate and we can all see through it. If he had it his way we wouldn't have signed Fielding, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Little, Smith, Pack, Freeman, Wilbraham or Agard, instead it would've been a bunch of Swedish no marks who's ability is akin to that of Peter Styvar.

He chats utter bollocks mate and we can all see through it. If he had it his way we wouldn't have signed Fielding, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Little, Smith, Pack, Freeman, Wilbraham or Agard, instead it would've been a bunch of Swedish no marks who's ability is akin to that of Peter Styvar.

We could have a far more competitive squad with players from all over the word for far less money.

Money we have lost over the years is laughable.

The PL is not even competitive in Europe. Far from best in the world.

Not competitive?? Really last time I checked a English team has won it 3 times in the last 11 years not bad going considering Barcelona has won it 4 times in that time!!

Depends on whether you are an Agent or Sports Management Consultant for either Club or player.

Or you are a manager/coach or even Scout and you contact his agent for rough details.

Some give quiet freely.

Some Footballers and their Agents aren't worried about people knowing their financial details....as some see it as a positive to their value.

Others aren't.

I think it is fairly obvious I am not talking about an agent chum. To the vast majority of souls I think what I said was pretty darn clear.

Perhaps there should be a Spud caveat to everything everybody writes on here simply out of respect for the fact that your understanding of what is articulated is different to everybody else?

City signed 11 players in total last season, 7 permanent and 4 loans.

All 11 were English.

However the signing of Kodjia signals we've ditched our former policy of being wary of foreign players, and also indicates we are now scouring foreign leagues for quality young players. 

There are good young prospects in every country - including Scandinavia - who'll now be on City's radar as potential signings, and there must be every chance that others will follow Kodjia to AG this Summer.

The part I bolded makes sense, and is actually a reasonable thing to say.

The underlined part is rubbish.

Yes, there are lots of players that will not be good value in England, equally, as we proved last season, there are lots who are. We have a scouting system that knows the English leagues and has clearly shown to be shrewd and thorough ever since Steve Cotterill came in. We have expanded abroad this season with Kodjia already as we've had problems finalising deals in England, but it would be ridiculous to aimlessly pluck unscouted players from random foreign leagues, regardless of how good a few random fans say they are.

English/UK players also have the benefit of knowing the language, culture, style of play etc that mean the settling in period in new surroundings is much reduced.

The underlined part is based on sallay level in England and the fact that the British Pound is very strong at the moment  

I think it is fairly obvious I am not talking about an agent chum. To the vast majority of souls I think what I said was pretty darn clear.

Perhaps there should be a Spud caveat to everything everybody writes on here simply out of respect for the fact that your understanding of what is articulated is different to everybody else?

My apologies...I hadn't read all the posts up to yours....as you used the word 'Fact'....I didn't realise you were generalising.

No need for the hostility fella ;-) All good :-)

I remember AshtonYate was hounded from this forum for having an alternative opinion, Bristolcitysweden may not share some of your views on the PL and the value of British players but is there any reason to throw a load of insults his way for an opinion?

City signed 11 players in total last season, 7 permanent and 4 loans.

All 11 were English.

However the signing of Kodjia signals we've ditched our former policy of being wary of foreign players, and also indicates we are now scouring foreign leagues for quality young players. 

There are good young prospects in every country - including Scandinavia - who'll now be on City's radar as potential signings, and there must be every chance that others will follow Kodjia to AG this Summer.

Hope so and there is very good sense in bringing in another French speaker to help Kodjia settle in.

I remember AshtonYate was hounded from this forum for having an alternative opinion, Bristolcitysweden may not share some of your views on the PL and the value of British players but is there any reason to throw a load of insults his way for an opinion?

Thanks for saving me the time to post the exact same thing.

Ah, good old Ashtonyate. The second most annoying poster in OTIB history after robbored, but at least he kinda had a point about our academy whereas robboreds constant GJ bashing is based on nothing other than spite.

I think Sweden has a point in respect that if we were ever going to invest in quality foreign players, a season where we're getting priced out the English market and the Euro is weak against the pound is the time to do it. But you don't have to make the point EVERY TIME an English player is linked or signed

If we bought 5 foreign players however, I reckon it could balls up the team spirit we have

Don't be put off Tommy. Can't say that I agree with everything you write but I consider it something of a minor miracle that anyone in Sweden can be bothered to devote so much of their time and energy to my football club. 

That said, the team spirit was priceless last season and I'm with Graham C in thinking that recruiting a French speaker would be a good move.

Hope so and there is very good sense in bringing in another French speaker to help Kodjia settle in.

I don't know anything about Kodjias private life but if someone is unemployed in a European country he/she can get paid for some time to look for a job in another European country. That person could be employed by the club making it easier for him to adapt. Ideally that person speak English. We all got unemployed mates right? Just a thought.

My apologies...I hadn't read all the posts up to yours....as you used the word 'Fact'....I didn't realise you were generalising.

No need for the hostility fella ;-) All good :-)

Not sure i was generalising.. bit late for me to troll back up I am afraid. noted, no need for an apology but thanks all the same and i was not attempting to be hostile.. just thought you were picking for a scrum!

Archived