IGNORED

Ryan Fredericks

Robson

A colleague of mine's son works for Fulham and said to his father earlier on that Fredericks was there on Tuesday and didn't sign because they wouldn't guarantee him first team football.

So presumably money isn't everything, or location, for some players.

A colleague of mine's son works for Fulham and said to his father earlier on that Fredericks was there on Tuesday and didn't sign because they wouldn't guarantee him first team football.

According to Ryan himself neither have we and a club would be rather stupid to do so.

And to add.. I think we are a bigger pull now than Fulham, I really do. They are a smallish west London club with nowhere to go really - too much competition brewing in West London if you ask me. City, on the other hand, huGGGGGGGGGe potential.

No, no, no, you're completely wrong. No one outside Bristol has heard of us and no one wants to come here. Haven't you been following the threads? Footballers are ONLY motivated by money.

Never watched RF so couldn't say - I liked Tavernier though.

He's a great signing PF...much better than Tavernier imo.

You have to remember, Fredericks came up in their academy alongside Harry Kane and Tom Carroll, and in fact made his first team debut as a right-sided midfielder with them in a Europa League match.

It wasn't till later in his development that Fredericks was converted to a right back at Spurs.

However, he never really got going much after that at Spurs and was shipped out on loan. He was well behind Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier, and even DeAndre Yedlin at right back.

So this is probably not a surprise move by the club, as he can play RB, RM and RWB....a very versatile player.

Can see him playing Littles role tbh.

He's a great signing PF...much better than Tavernier imo.

You have to remember, Fredericks came up in their academy alongside Harry Kane and Tom Carroll, and in fact made his first team debut as a right-sided midfielder with them in a Europa League match.

It wasn't till later in his development that Fredericks was converted to a right back at Spurs.

However, he never really got going much after that at Spurs and was shipped out on loan. He was well behind Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier, and even DeAndre Yedlin at right back.

So this is probably not a surprise move by the club, as he can play RB, RM and RWB....a very versatile player.

Can see him playing Littles role tbh.

Really encouraging to read, I'd heard of him but never watched him live - sounds like a great signing!

No, no, no, you're completely wrong. No one outside Bristol has heard of us and no one wants to come here. Haven't you been following the threads? Footballers are ONLY motivated by money.

I presume you are referring to me and others (the ones who actually live outside Bristol!)

What I actually said was they are motivated by wanting to play for successful clubs (although money is probably important as it is to most people). I said the agents are motivated primarily by money.

Look we are a big club for L1 a small to medium club for the championship and not on the radar for the premier league (fair enough given we haven't been in the top flight for 40 odd years!). And that is exactly how we're seen by most outside of Bristol...

PS at least I didn't say "of course they'd want to play for us, Bristol is voted the best city to live in" like some doughnuts do

• Admin

Very happy with this one, adds depth and quality with youth on his side, seems determined too!

I just want to see a keeper and midfielder and I'll be a lot calmer and a lot less worried about injuries, bad form etc

Thank you Spike for not telling Ryan about the bad neighbours :)

Archived