IGNORED

Are the Atyeo Stand Home Fans Moving Again???

Agent Atyeo

Atyeo stand switch idea  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Below is what i have seen posted on two other city forums and on the Atyeo stand facebook page, any truth in this SAG thing?

I suspect this will go to another survey but we need to get ideas out now as i don't see any other stands which will have the configuration for standing and large flags on walls and wave flags.

It has come to light that the SAG (saftey advisory group) and the Police are not overly impressed by the current configuration of the Atyeo stand for home and away fans, not inside the ground but when home and away fans have to leave the stand together at full time and it's got a few concerned.

I don't know the clubs stance on the above they may stand firm just for this season due to Steve Cotterill wanting home fans around the tunnel or they may bow to pressure and say to the fans look you have to switch side or the club face a even more reduced capacity threat.

This is starting to be talked about elsewhere so... Some who have been leading the flags in the Atyeo have been updated so far: Big pressure building from SAG and police for away fans to swap sides in Atyeo. Now inevitable or face reduced capacity.  Unreserved and relaxed attitude to standing and flags remain in place. Supporters club & trust will speak with Martin Griffiths of Bristol sport about communication of side swap with home and away fans.  Almost certainly going to happen sooner than we think.

Most of those in the Atyeo have been sounded out and although a pain they are open to the switch in sides.

There is also the fact that some members of the supporters club and trust are keen on the Atyeo being a home end and full of safe standing along with a revamped concourse and supporters bar under the Atyeo (former players dressing rooms etc)

So this in mind how would it be done? I have an idea which could help keep things going with the flags in the Atyeo but also join up thinking with the Dolman thus also leaving open the push for safe standing and the revamped concourse idea which is below.

Thoughts?

Atyeo for large away followings (i hope it could work like the old EE with moveable segregation if the away following is a few hundered and this allowing more pay on the day for fans who like that type of environment)

up1_zpsudq9ykn0.jpg

up2_zpswfzjjukp.jpg

up4_zpszmkiwcgc.jpg

Steps taken to ease the SAG concerns outside the ground.

up3_zpswwy13pgq.jpg

up5_zpsllxdvavp.jpg

up6_zpsuytxnqdr.jpg

All fair and reasonable as those who are enjoying the way the Atyeo stand is working with flags can carry on due to the size of walls for their flags, it can also inenhance the Dolman and lower Dolman experience if restrictions are relaxed a little. It does appear from reading some fan reports that not all are mixing well in the South Stand to which i thought would happen.

And i must admit i have missed a proper supporters bar and i'm not warming to big open concourses and big sports bar you get lost in.

If this under revamp of the Atyeo happens then lets have something more sociable and memorabilia, ask sean from the lions to be involved and canvas more fans, it is a good idea if done right and fans are involved and let's revisit those meetings when the club asked how can we get supporters out of the pubs and in to Ashton gate for a drink?? well not how it is working at the present time..

Or even up the side of the Dolman concourse? still not sure about market street.

Fleetwood, home and away fans allowed in here and normal fans given a nice social area and not designed fully for corporates.. .

fleet_zpsd4bj7ify.jpg

fleet2_zpsk5hvwtwi.jpg

I loved this bar at crawley (home and away fans) plus they served thatchers gold.

craw5_zpshf7wgfi6.jpg

craw3_zpswlytyj50.jpg

craw_zpsipsiph1y.jpg

craw1_zpsqctxt4xa.jpg

I thought it was a done deal--away supporters will have the whole of the Atyeo from next season!

That is no longer correct.

Unfortunately the idiots fighting after the last game could have ruined it for the majority. The club need to build a temporary high fence/wall barrier, having fans coming out at the same time is asking for trouble. Just surprised it was Mk dons and not Leeds it kicked off

Concerns were raised about the;positioning of away fans and other issues before that match, well before. 

That is no longer correct.

Concerns were raised about the;positioning of away fans and other issues before that match, well before. 

So, the South stand is too steep to allow standing and the Dolman and new Williams are presumably premium priced, what other options are there?

So, the South stand is too steep to allow standing and the Dolman and new Williams are presumably premium priced, what other options are there?

Let City fans have the entire Atyeo and put away fans in  a 2 - 3 blocks of the upper tier of the Williams

Are you referring to home / away support / long - short term? 

The options for home support to do similar to what has occurred in the Eastend - Williams - Atyeo e.g standing in the long, and short term are extremely limited.   

Of course I was referring to the home support! The options for the preferred standing are extremely limited. This combined with the cheaper tickets option,former Eastenders seem to want, seems to rule out all other options than a compromise in the Atyeo. This then clashes with F.A. rules on a minimum of 15% away ticket allocations for cup matches. It seems a whole lot of non eastend support could be compromise again next season to accommodate them.

Of course I was referring to the home support! The options for the preferred standing are extremely limited. This combined with the cheaper tickets option,former Eastenders seem to want, seems to rule out all other options than a compromise in the Atyeo. This then clashes with F.A. rules on a minimum of 15% away ticket allocations for cup matches. It seems a whole lot of non eastend support could be compromise again next season to accommodate them.

I've never seen former eastenders asking for cheap tickets, little more than a myth perpetuated by anti-ee people. Show me posts requesting cheaper tickets.

Has anyone got a picture of the Williams where it joins up with the Atyeo when it completed?

As for this plan what are the numbers in this new section for home fans? We seem to be getting less all the time, I can't really see it working in the lower dolman. What sort of prices will they be paying in there. Won't the original dolman fans be angry that these new ones will be paying less? Or will this be a section for those who just wanna stand and not sing.

agreed!

Of course I was referring to the home support! The options for the preferred standing are extremely limited. This combined with the cheaper tickets option,former Eastenders seem to want, seems to rule out all other options than a compromise in the Atyeo. This then clashes with F.A. rules on a minimum of 15% away ticket allocations for cup matches. It seems a whole lot of non eastend support could be compromise again next season to accommodat

Who would be compromised by the idea in the opening post?

Additional away support could be housed in the upper Williams stand. A stand at this point which has not been built. Other clubs do use more than one stand for cup games, and have separate ticket prices to accommodate FA cup rules - Rules that are also flexible. 

I don't mean to intrude but the pictures look ****** to me. It's like you've only got the oldies and everyone else don't go. At my club it's the opposite. The kids go (well, in small numbers) and everybody else gets banned unless they support malmö. Myself I've been banned for about 5 years now and when I sneak in at some away game where people shouldn't know me it's like my fellow fans don't know me either.

Has anyone got a picture of the Williams where it joins up with the Atyeo when it completed?

As for this plan what are the numbers in this new section for home fans? We seem to be getting less all the time, I can't really see it working in the lower dolman. What sort of prices will they be paying in there. Won't the original dolman fans be angry that these new ones will be paying less? Or will this be a section for those who just wanna stand and not sing.

You are venturing into the long term there. There will almost be certainly be an exodus out of the Dolman. The rake of the lower Dolman could allow standing in that longer term. 

The potential space would exceed in the longer term that of the Eastend - Williams section which at times was limited to two blocks, even one in 2007 - 08.

In the shorter term fans may have to move. Unless BCFC want to be known as the club that decided to defy the Police and Safety authorities. 

This can also be looked upon as a positive opportunity, not a negative one.

Who would be compromised by the idea in the opening post?

Additional away support could be housed in the upper Williams stand. A stand at this point which has not been built. Other clubs do use more than one stand for cup games, and have separate ticket prices to accommodate FA cup rules - Rules that are also flexible. 

It cannot be done. The whole point of the concourse was to have it flowing from the Dolman to the Williams, and you think it can suddenly accommodate Cardiff/Millwall/Gas/Chelsea etc during a cup match.Not going to happen!

It cannot be done. The whole point of the concourse was to have it flowing from the Dolman to the Williams, and you think it can suddenly accommodate Cardiff/Millwall/Gas/Chelsea etc during a cup match.Not going to happen!

With all due respect you may wish to contact the Executive Chairman of Bristol Sport Ltd, or the Supporters Club and Trust to ascertain what could, and that is could be possible.

Archived