IGNORED

Are the Atyeo Stand Home Fans Moving Again???

Agent Atyeo

Atyeo stand switch idea  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• SC&T Board Members

Forgive my ignorance but I though sections of the SS and Dolman were designed so that in the future they could be used for rail seating?  If yes, this would suggest that these same sections must have a suitable safe rake for fans to stand in?  

The back of the SS and the Dolman lower have been designed with rail seating in mind. When that is permitted, clearly fans standing in such areas will have rails along every row to prevent them falling forward. In the meantime, it has been said (although I don't fully agree) that standing in a stand with a rake in excess of 25 degrees (and no rails to prevent fans falling forward) is unsafe. Some of the rear rows of the SS have a rake in excess of this.

yeah but people who like to sing and generate noise don't want to be around people in the SS or Dolman that don't. (Don't want to sit down for a start!)

Its no surprise like minded people congregate 

So because a minority don't want to sit etc we/ club have to spend time to pander to your every need?? Why is it people who pay the least for there season tickets want more more more?! Do you not realise the club is already being lenient regarding standing etc . Far to much time being spent worrying about a minority. I do however appreciate effort to generate a atmosphere.

So because a minority don't want to sit etc we/ club have to spend time to pander to your every need?? Why is it people who pay the least for there season tickets want more more more?! Do you not realise the club is already being lenient regarding standing etc . Far to much time being spent worrying about a minority. I do however appreciate effort to generate a atmosphere.

You are ignoring points fans are making regarding it is the Police and Safety Advisory Group who want fans to move. Why? 

You are ignoring points fans are making regarding pricing and BCFC opting to charge less v fans requesting this. Why?  I pay more in another stand but feel it is healthy that BCFC choose  to make a more affordable decision on pricing.

Fans are not requesting more, more, more at all. Study the thread.

The reasonable suggestions in his thread will not require home support to give up heir seats - may affect a small number in the longer term, but conceivably can lead to a significant improvement in atmosphere. An improvement for fans like myself in another stand.

Interestingly tonight's opponents have an arrangement similar to the suggestion in the opening post. The difference is that the numbers NFFC are pandering to are far larger over two stands - It appears to work very well. 

yeah but people who like to sing and generate noise don't want to be around people in the SS or Dolman that don't. (Don't want to sit down for a start!)

I have no problem with those that try to generate more atmosphere - I applaud you all. However, you are not a large enough group to not be near the rest of the support.

You are ignoring points fans are making regarding it is the Police and Safety Advisory Group who want fans to move. Why? 

You are ignoring points fans are making regarding pricing and BCFC opting to charge less v fans requesting this. Why?  I pay more in another stand but feel it is healthy that BCFC choose  to make a more affordable decision on pricing.

Fans are not requesting more, more, more at all. Study the thread.

The reasonable suggestions in his thread will not require home support to give up heir seats - may affect a small number in the longer term, but conceivably can lead to a significant improvement in atmosphere. An improvement for fans like myself in another stand.

Interestingly tonight's opponents have an arrangement similar to the suggestion in the opening post. The difference is that the numbers NFFC are pandering to are far larger over two stands - It appears to work very well. 

And you choose to ignore there is already a fair season ticket price structure. Match day prices are ridiculous agreed. It sounds by reading the thread that it's a 'I want' demanding type of issue? I don't ignore the safety groups I am responding to the arguments of those who feel like they might have to move. The end

I'm not making any complaints or demanding anything! Chill out!

i just don't want to be in part of the ground with people who don't want to make any noise. Personal choice.

you were suggesting splitting up the singers, why would we want to sit with boring supporters?! What do those fans bring to the party. 

And you choose to ignore there is already a fair season ticket price structure. Match day prices are ridiculous agreed. It sounds by reading the thread that it's a 'I want' demanding type of issue? I don't ignore the safety groups I am responding to the arguments of those who feel like they might have to move.

And you choose to ignore there is already a fair season ticket price structure - I did not. Study the thread.

It sounds by reading the thread that it's a 'I want' demanding type of issue? Study the thread and other similar to it. If you can highlight where demands have been made.

I don't ignore the safety groups  -. Yes you have. Again study the thread.

I am responding to the arguments of those who feel like they might have to move - The crux of thread is fans agreeing that they will have to move, agreeing with the Police and H&S officialdom. They are not arguing against it. 

In my mind I've struggled to come up with an excuse myself for replacing home fans with away supporters which could possibly be worse than so called 'crowd disorder'. What they're saying is basically that you're doing a good job at supporting your team, thus being a benefit to the entire sport, and they want to sacrifice the basis of success for your club in order to remove that little trace of what used to be functional, not only in the world of football but in society as a whole.

I'm not making any complaints or demanding anything! Chill out!

i just don't want to be in part of the ground with people who don't want to make any noise. Personal choice.

you were suggesting splitting up the singers  why would we want to sit with boring supporters?! What do those fans bring to the party. 

should have made myself clearer, I'm talking 80's early 90's. Just to make myself clear I personally think this seasons Atyeo arrangements should stay for next season. What is your position regarding the Atyeo for next season?,

A quote from Spoons.

The clear thing is that Spoons is anything but.

Top work Atyeo chaps, really made a difference tonight. Even you, @spoons, must now be able to see the benefit of a designated  block of singers.

I think to be fair I have said I appreciate the effort of the atyeo boys?? What I don't like is pandering to a minority regardless of what stand they are or whether the sing or not!

should have made myself clearer, I'm talking 80's early 90's. Just to make myself clear I personally think this seasons Atyeo arrangements should stay for next season. What is your position regarding the Atyeo for next season?,

A quote from Spoons.

The clear thing is that Spoons is anything but.

Seems pretty clear to me, seems like you can't seem to understand that people might not hold the same opinion as yourself. Just because its not a view held by many on here I won't hide from it or be brainwashed! I think your more a sheep than a cow?!!

I think to be fair I have said I appreciate the effort of the atyeo boys?? What I don't like is pandering to a minority regardless of what stand they are or whether the sing or not!

It's not just the people physically in the stand - question for you; is the experience at AG better with a section of fans, like the EE or Atyeo providing the atmosphere that can help set off the rest of the ground? Yes or no?

A good atmosphere like tonight is one reason lots of us prefer football over other sports, helping groups who orchestrate the rest of the ground to have a place to go is essential to cultivating an atmosphere. Those groups improve the experience for everyone. So no, it's not pandering to a minoriry, it's actually helping enhance the experience for all.

It's not just the people physically in the stand - question for you; is the experience at AG better with a section of fans, like the EE or Atyeo providing the atmosphere that can help set off the rest of the ground? Yes or no?

A good atmosphere like tonight is one reason lots of us prefer football over other sports, helping groups who orchestrate the rest of the ground to have a place to go is essential to cultivating an atmosphere. Those groups improve the experience for everyone. So no, it's not pandering to a minoriry, it's actually helping enhance the experience for all.

I would say that the Atyeo without doubt added to the atmosphere today yes. Can they set the rest of the ground off... Yes,tonight they did. I've watched city all over and seen all sort of atmosphere's in all types of grounds and watch England home and away but from my experience the Best atmosphere's in grounds are not from artificial singing area's. They create a them and us feeling too. Anyway I'm over this now, 3 points and first home win is all I care about tonight!

Top work Atyeo chaps, really made a difference tonight. Even you, @spoons, must now be able to see the benefit of a designated  block of singers.

AND GIRLS THANK YOU!!! :grr: :bruce_h4h:

I would say that the Atyeo without doubt added to the atmosphere today yes. Can they set the rest of the ground off... Yes,tonight they did. I've watched city all over and seen all sort of atmosphere's in all types of grounds and watch England home and away but from my experience the Best atmosphere's in grounds are not from artificial singing area's. They create a them and us feeling too. Anyway I'm over this now, 3 points and first home win is all I care about tonight!

I've watched city all over and seen all sort of atmosphere's in all types of grounds and watch England home and away. So have others!

http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showforum=28

The above may interest you. It contains hundreds of photographs of City fans at England matches stretching back over thirty years. People involved in the group who traveled to England matches for decades would disagree with your view. 

Several of the above where involved in the open the Eastend petition. Prior to 2007 Ashton Gate was renowned for its poor atmosphere amongst City fans and the away support who mocked it. Post petition that changed. 

Can you quantify this them and us as feeling? Don't Corporate sections do the same? Family areas? Disabled sections? Season tickets? Or are they all strands of the same thing highlighting that supporters are different and want something from matchday?

Fans being able to gather together with like minded friends is a football tradition. It is part of a tradition that Bristol City fans have wanted to see continued. And that is a fact not somebodies opinion. If you do not believe it contact the Supporters Club and Trust and ask if they can quantify it via polls they have conducted in the past. they will be able to, because they have. Your view however is very much part of a minorities.  

I've watched city all over and seen all sort of atmosphere's in all types of grounds and watch England home and away. So have others!

http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showforum=28

The above may interest you. It contains hundreds of photographs of City fans at England matches stretching back over thirty years. People involved in the group who traveled to England matches for decades would disagree with your view. 

Several of the above where involved in the open the Eastend petition. Prior to 2007 Ashton Gate was renowned for its poor atmosphere amongst City fans and the away support who mocked it. Post petition that changed. 

Can you quantify this them and us as feeling? Don't Corporate sections do the same? Family areas? Disabled sections? Season tickets? Or are they all strands of the same thing highlighting that supporters are different and want something from matchday?

Fans being able to gather together with like minded friends is a football tradition. It is part of a tradition that Bristol City fans have wanted to see continued. And that is a fact not somebodies opinion. If you do not believe it contact the Supporters Club and Trust and ask if they can quantify it via polls they have conducted in the past. they will be able to, because they have. Your view however is very much part of a minorities.  

my view is however part of a minority?? No I'm afraid not. The rest of your post is good.

I appear to be a bit late to this, just had the email.  Has anything else been decided then, about next season, new supporters bar area, access to Dolman concourse etc .... or are we literally just swapping ends?

Shame we're no longer around the tunnel but the exit arrangements were an 'accident' waiting to happen.

I appear to be a bit late to this, just had the email.  Has anything else been decided then, about next season, new supporters bar area, access to Dolman concourse etc .... or are we literally just swapping ends?

Shame we're no longer around the tunnel but the exit arrangements were an 'accident' waiting to happen.

It could be a realistic possibility.

Not everyone who wants to sing, wants to stand. I'm only 5'3" so I want to sit but I'm quite happy to sing. 

Archived