IGNORED

Are the Atyeo Stand Home Fans Moving Again???

Agent Atyeo

Atyeo stand switch idea  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The standing thing surprises me. Surely the club know that if we score or there is a bit of play that might lead to a goal people will stand.

It must be more dangerous to stand and cheer a goal than to stand for 90 minutes when nothing of note happens.

It might suprise you but it is the truth, it was the reasons given on why fans had to go into the atyeo, and could not join in with the new south stand etc. I also think, and I know that people have made this aware to the club that nobody has ever really asked for cheaper tickets. 

When the eastend was first reopened, it was the same price as the atyeo. The club decided to lower the ticket prices not the fans. The fans then again haven't lobbied for lower ticket prices. 

Take a look at the away support stats for last season in the Championship, there's a fair chance the minimum away support will be at least 2000 every game, with a lot of clubs bringing a lot more depending on the game.  With a 27k stadium there are 23k seats for home fans to fill, why would you restrict the amount of away fans?  

http://72andbelow.co.uk/sky-bet-championship-average-away-support-league-201415/

These are interesting stats, but I don't think there will be 2k away fans every game. A lot of northern clubs have a high average away support due to their location, which means away matches are short trips. Also, Bristol City is not a particularly exciting trip for many fans  

• Admin

Excuse my ignorance here but how will swapping home and away fans around in the Atyeo  stop any fighting, I can't see by moving away fans from one bottleneck to another will make any difference to this happening.

I'm assuming that the City fans would leave the ground from the Dolman Stand side exits - as used to be. Away support would then use the exit currently shared by both fans

you've misunderstood - my reference to famous ends like the Kop, Stretford was about acting as a catalyst. Ours in the Atyeo is/would obviously be a scaled down version but you need a focal point to orchestrate the rest of the ground. 

And no, it's not just results. Obviously it helps, but it's not the only driver of atmosphere. 

I didn't say it was just results I said results were a catalyst.

Excuse my ignorance here but how will swapping home and away fans around in the Atyeo  stop any fighting, I can't see by moving away fans from one bottleneck to another will make any difference to this happening.

Fans would exit from different ends of the Atyeo (at least this season). 

I think this makes a lot of sense and not sure why it was not set like this from the start. Yes, I know SC wanted home fans by the tunnel but surely the set-up did not depend solely on his wishes?

Fans would exit from different ends of the Atyeo (at least this season). 

I think this makes a lot of sense and not sure why it was not set like this from the start. Yes, I know SC wanted home fans by the tunnel but surely the set-up did not depend solely on his wishes?

It's hardly set us on a winning streak this season either has it.  I reckon it's cursed us in fact! :D

Once the Williams is built, would there be enough room for Williams fans to walk towards Winterstoke road at the rear, assuming the hotel isn't built on the Wickes site thereby opening up that area?

I ask because the only flaw I can see in the original plan is when the Williams is completed, home and away support would still be entering / exiting onto Ashton rd at the same time. If the Williams support could reach Winterstoke rd from the Ashton rd turnstiles, why not make the Ashton rd entrance on the Williams side, away fans only and build a wall to stop home fans going in or out that way?

Once the Williams is built, would there be enough room for Williams fans to walk towards Winterstoke road at the rear, assuming the hotel isn't built on the Wickes site thereby opening up that area?

I ask because the only flaw I can see in the original plan is when the Williams is completed, home and away support would still be entering / exiting onto Ashton rd at the same time. If the Williams support could reach Winterstoke rd from the Ashton rd turnstiles, why not make the Ashton rd entrance on the Williams side, away fans only and build a wall to stop home fans going in or out that way?

Or people grow the **** up, put their handbags down and walk out together.

But you said "there's a fair chance teams will bring a minimum of 2k every game" using a link which was simply incorrect! Hence why I picked you up on it.

Not or sure how the link is incorrect?  22 out of 24 teams last season had a highest away attendance of more than 2000, 12 out of 24 had a highest away attendance of more than 3000 last season, so I think there is a fair chance teams will bring a minimum of 2000 fans.  Without stating the bleedin obvious there are obviously various factors which can impact this figure, but it's clearly not beyond the realms of possibility that most away teams could/will bring more than 2000 fans.

Not or sure how the link is incorrect?  22 out of 24 teams last season had a highest away attendance of more than 2000, 12 out of 24 had a highest away attendance of more than 3000 last season, so I think there is a fair chance teams will bring a minimum of 2000 fans.  Without stating the bleedin obvious there are obviously various factors which can impact this figure, but it's clearly not beyond the realms of possibility that most away teams could/will bring more than 2000 fans.

Median figure more telling. We're local for very few teams, there's plenty more northern/London/Midlands teams than south west in this league. Not many teams would bring 2.5 to a regular mid-season league game down here, it's geography. If we were based in Nottingham I might agree.

Excuse my ignorance here but how will swapping home and away fans around in the Atyeo stop any fighting .. its about more than that and perhaps its better that its not out in the open.

or maybe it would be better out in the open so people could judge for themselves, 

Median figure more telling. We're local for very few teams, there's plenty more northern/London/Midlands teams than south west in this league. Not many teams would bring 2.5 to a regular mid-season league game down here, it's geography. If we were based in Nottingham I might agree.

Thats as maybe (hence my comment on the use of statistics) I was only making a general comment on potential away attendances based on actual figures which you said were incorrect, which was wrong.  You can't say with anymore certainty that we wouldn't get more than 2000 away fans turning up than I can say we would, although I based my comment on actual data which backs up my opinion.  The facts are plenty of clubs as stated have the POTENTIAL to bring more than 2000 fans, many have the potential to bring more than 3000 fans, that cannot be denied, yeh for various reasons it might not happen (mid week games, poor season so far, long journey etc etc) but the opposite side of these negatives mean they could as well (Saturday games, having a good season, short journey).

Thats as maybe (hence my comment on the use of statistics) I was only making a general comment on potential away attendances based on actual figures which you said were incorrect, which was wrong.  You can't say with anymore certainty that we wouldn't get more than 2000 away fans turning up than I can say we would, although I based my comment on actual data which backs up my opinion.  The facts are plenty of clubs as stated have the POTENTIAL to bring more than 2000 fans, many have the potential to bring more than 3000 fans, that cannot be denied, yeh for various reasons it might not happen (mid week games, poor season so far, long journey etc etc) but the opposite side of these negatives mean they could as well (Saturday games, having a good season, short journey).

I disagree and think your stats go more towards proving my point than yours! Regardless though, why would we want to give away fans a massive allocation? Should be capped anyway.

What about moving the singers to E32,E33 an E34 lower from next season? Next to away fans but still in with the rest to help the atmosphere spread. Plus there's bound to be an exodus of Dolmanites going over to the Williams so lots of spare seats.

It won't matter next season as the away fans can move back over to the Williams side. There won't be a tunnel there so Cott's won't care.

Just do it like West Brom and move the segregation depending on predicted away support. With 27000 seats it's not like there won't be room. Set a maximum of say 2800, lose 100 or so for segregation, leaving 1500 home tickets in the Atyeo.

Sorted.

You've been inconvenienced the most?

You are joking right?

Its this kind of statement that really doesn't help the cause at all.

The stadium is undergoing a total revamp, we have all been inconvenienced, personally I have been moved from the Atyeo to the Williams and now the SS, via a Dolman seat that didn't exist.

however I don't feel that I deserve or need any special treatment, and it beggars belief that anyone does.

IF you want to create what you believe is an atmosphere that helps the team then just do it, waiting for the club to do anything will only result in what's happened before, a couple of blocks in the Williams initially, as far away from the away supporters as possible, now a small corner of the Atyeo again at the clubs insistence. Soon to be moved again because it seems some of you can't control yourselves and feel the need to resort to violence, either against each other or visiting fans.

If you saw a picture of the relatively small number of so called singers there are, you would understand why some people really can't understand what al the fuss is about.

Ok, apologies, maybe I've worded that incorrectly...we've all been inconvenienced one way or another, I'd just like to think we could get some help from the club on having an area for unreserved seating/standing for those that want to sing, wave flags etc like we've got at the moment...minus the in house fighting, which incidentally I don't get involved in contrary to what you seem to think.

With regards to fans of opposing side exiting together I'll pose the question again, why are the away fans not kept in the ground until we're well away from the ground, 10-15 mins wouldn't hurt would it?

I disagree and think your stats go more towards proving my point than yours! Regardless though, why would we want to give away fans a massive allocation? Should be capped anyway.

1) increased revenue;

2) the fact we won't get anywhere near filling 23k seats anyway (unless a massive price reduction comes in) so no need to restrict away fans 

3) logistically it makes sense to house away fans on their own in Atyeo, anywhere else in the ground causes issues due to open concourse

4) even with 4K away fans, there will be at least treble the amount of home fans at a normal game and potentially 23k more home fans, so if we get out sung we only have ourselves to blame

5) it will create a much better atmosphere 

Anymore??

1) increased revenue;

2) the fact we won't get anywhere near filling 23k seats anyway (unless a massive price reduction comes in) so no need to restrict away fans 

3) logistically it makes sense to house away fans on their own in Atyeo, anywhere else in the ground causes issues due to open concourse

4) even with 4K away fans, there will be at least treble the amount of home fans at a normal game and potentially 23k more home fans, so if we get out sung we only have ourselves to blame

5) it will create a much better atmosphere 

Anymore??

The revenue argument I can see, logistics can be worked around. But why, why on earth, would you want say 5k Leeds/Gas/Cardiff/Wolves fans here making it like a home game and giving them a huge advantage?!

The revenue argument I can see, logistics can be worked around. But why, why on earth, would you want say 5k Leeds/Gas/Cardiff/Wolves fans here making it like a home game and giving them a huge advantage?!

It's not a huge advantage in my opinion, in fact I don't think it makes any difference as long as our fans raise their game and support the team, if 23k home fans get outsung by 4K away fans that's embarrassing as far as I'm concerned.  If we got relegated and average home attendance was say 12k, I assume by your logic you would want the away tickets capped even further to not give an advantage?  Even though half the ground is empty?  That quite frankly is rediculous.

It's not a huge advantage in my opinion, in fact I don't think it makes any difference as long as our fans raise their game and support the team, if 23k home fans get outsung by 4K away fans that's embarrassing as far as I'm concerned.  If we got relegated and average home attendance was say 12k, I assume by your logic you would want the away tickets capped even further to not give an advantage?  Even though half the ground is empty?  That quite frankly is rediculous.

We'd absolutely get outsung by a 4K allocation, most grounds in the country would. The demographic of football supporters means only a small % sing all game, having them spaced out means we lose a catalyst to start the ground off.

Clearly this is going in circles, not much point continuing here as neither of us will budge and is probably tedious for other people reading this thread. I just hope the club go with my preference rather than yours! 

We'd absolutely get outsung by a 4K allocation, most grounds in the country would. The demographic of football supporters means only a small % sing all game, having them spaced out means we lose a catalyst to start the ground off.

Clearly this is going in circles, not much point continuing here as neither of us will budge and is probably tedious for other people reading this thread. I just hope the club go with my preference rather than yours! 

very sensible, although if the club doesn't listen to me they are mad COYR

Archived