IGNORED

Are the Atyeo Stand Home Fans Moving Again???

Agent Atyeo

Atyeo stand switch idea  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not comfortable with the club or any fans groups deciding and planning on where these 'singers' are to sit/stand next season. The best atmosphere's in stadiums are from natural environment's rather than these purpose built area's or zones. They don't work. I'm a city fan but also a England fan member and watch home matches at Wembley and have first hand experience of these singing areas , they don't work. Lets just wait to see prices etc and away fans location for next season then let fans choose where they want to go?? By fans choosing rather being told where to go will lead to better atmosphere for everybody attending matches at Ashton gate.

I'm not comfortable with the club or any fans groups deciding and planning on where these 'singers' are to sit/stand next season. 

Can you provide an example for City fans to follow where this deciding and planning does not happen to a degree?

If you are not comfortable with it, there will be another 20000+ seats as an alternative. 

Can you provide an example for City fans to follow where this deciding and planning does not happen to a degree?

If you are not comfortable with it, there will be another 20000+ seats as an alternative. 

to a degree I accept but this is getting a bit forceful in my opinion. However price will be a massive factor. Wherever the club decide to have cheaper match day/season tickets I imagine there will be a natural direction for many of these fans as cost is a factor(not the only factor) . In the past do you think the east end became a favourite end to many because fans were told to go there by club or fans group?? No. I appreciate the work of fans in atyeo to add to atmosphere etc but in my opinion it comes across as a bit 'fake or copycat' . Really think we should have our own direction rather than copy plalace or the bundesliga!

. In the past do you think the east end became a favourite end to many because fans were told to go there by club or fans group??

In the recent past. Yes.100%. An idea was presented to club in 2007 backed up by information, a petition and a survey. 

In the recent past. Yes.100%. An idea was presented to club in 2007 backed up by information, a petition and a survey. 

should have made myself clearer, I'm talking 80's early 90's. Just to make myself clear I personally think this seasons Atyeo arrangements should stay for next season. What is your position regarding the Atyeo for next season?

I'm not comfortable with the club or any fans groups deciding and planning on where these 'singers' are to sit/stand next season. The best atmosphere's in stadiums are from natural environment's rather than these purpose built area's or zones. They don't work. I'm a city fan but also a England fan member and watch home matches at Wembley and have first hand experience of these singing areas , they don't work. Lets just wait to see prices etc and away fans location for next season then let fans choose where they want to go?? By fans choosing rather being told where to go will lead to better atmosphere for everybody attending matches at Ashton gate.

A catalyst is needed though. The South Stand; no organised singing section - it's a morgue. Dolman likewise. Only stand that makes any noise to speak of is the Atyeo. A catalyst helps bring on the rest of the ground. No catalyst = singers getting split up and the ground being silent.

A catalyst is needed though. The South Stand; no organised singing section - it's a morgue. Dolman likewise. Only stand that makes any noise to speak of is the Atyeo. A catalyst helps bring on the rest of the ground. No catalyst = singers getting split up and the ground being silent.

disagree. Singers getting split up .. Improved atmosphere around the whole ground rather than just one area.

- If a way can be found to allow home Atyeo fans to access the Dolman concourse, it also completes the 'horseshoe' and makes all concourse facilities under the Dolman, South and West Stands available to ALL City fans, which must surely be better than these being available to only 90% of City fans

Given the idea was for Atyeo being away only the concourse would have been available to all City fans and not just 90%.

How would that work then? People won't sing if they're the only person in their block. You need a group - Liverpool's kop, the stretford end, the Homesdale.. All catalysts 

disagree again. The kop doesn't have two blocks of unreserved seating who do all the singing. It's the whole stand/stadium who improve the atmosphere and ultimately performance's / results on the pitch tend to be the biggest catalyst! That's why Las season was so frustrating to be going through the re build when the atmosphere should have been at its best but circumstances didn't allow it

so you personally have no preference ?

The idea in the first couple of posts is worthy of a lot of consideration.

Pointed out elsewhere:

The Atyeo switched around would positively influence the Dolman stand. 

A switch could be used as a means to improve facilities in the Atyeo - Dolman.

Fans could access facilities in two stands.

Facilities could target a obvious demographic that is not evident in other parts of the stadium / sections of Dolman stand.

The corner of the two stands could be used to reflect the culture, traditions .. Of Bristol City and fans in a manner the South stand does not.

More scope for twin initiatives between fans in two stands.

Safe standing can still be incorporated if it becomes a reality in England.

All positives.

Various fan groups have been around through the decades and maybe not had well known names apart from eastenders or parkenders or even the internet to fall back on, but there were large groups of fans working word of mouth in pubs to influence fans positioning inside Ashton gate, more so 1980's Dolman A block.

The eastend was born out of groups of fans saying ''meet up the east side of the covered end''

Parkenders were know saying ''meet up in the park end''

Fan groups in various forms do have influence in picking the spot for noise, colour and atmosphere of just being out right moody and other fans see it and join in on it.

disagree again. The kop doesn't have two blocks of unreserved seating who do all the singing. It's the whole stand/stadium who improve the atmosphere and ultimately performance's / results on the pitch tend to be the biggest catalyst! That's why Las season was so frustrating to be going through the re build when the atmosphere should have been at its best but circumstances didn't allow it

you've misunderstood - my reference to famous ends like the Kop, Stretford was about acting as a catalyst. Ours in the Atyeo is/would obviously be a scaled down version but you need a focal point to orchestrate the rest of the ground. 

And no, it's not just results. Obviously it helps, but it's not the only driver of atmosphere. 

Surely to solve the issue of any potential trouble after games the away fans should be kept in for 10-15 mins?

I do agree to a certain extent that due to the rebuild us 'singers' in the atyeo struggle to be heard, other areas just need to be a bit more vocal too. However, in a few months once the Williams has it's roof and sides on, hopefully the sound will verberate round to the south stand easier to involve others. Failing that and irrespective of cotts' opinion, a switch with away fans like last season is a must to get the sound continuing round the dolman to the south stand.

As for long term, we (former eastenders) do need a permanent home and should have first say on wherever that's likely to be as we've been inconvenienced the most. If that respective area can be a popular one then hopefully the next generation of eastenders can be encouraged to join in too.

Surely to solve the issue of any potential trouble after games the away fans should be kept in for 10-15 mins?

I do agree to a certain extent that due to the rebuild us 'singers' in the atyeo struggle to be heard, other areas just need to be a bit more vocal too. However, in a few months once the Williams has it's roof and sides on, hopefully the sound will verberate round to the south stand easier to involve others. Failing that and irrespective of cotts' opinion, a switch with away fans like last season is a must to get the sound continuing round the dolman to the south stand.

As for long term, we (former eastenders) do need a permanent home and should have first say on wherever that's likely to be as we've been inconvenienced the most. If that respective area can be a popular one then hopefully the next generation of eastenders can be encouraged to join in too.

You've been inconvenienced the most?

You are joking right?

Its this kind of statement that really doesn't help the cause at all.

The stadium is undergoing a total revamp, we have all been inconvenienced, personally I have been moved from the Atyeo to the Williams and now the SS, via a Dolman seat that didn't exist.

however I don't feel that I deserve or need any special treatment, and it beggars belief that anyone does.

IF you want to create what you believe is an atmosphere that helps the team then just do it, waiting for the club to do anything will only result in what's happened before, a couple of blocks in the Williams initially, as far away from the away supporters as possible, now a small corner of the Atyeo again at the clubs insistence. Soon to be moved again because it seems some of you can't control yourselves and feel the need to resort to violence, either against each other or visiting fans.

If you saw a picture of the relatively small number of so called singers there are, you would understand why some people really can't understand what al the fuss is about.

And the Bristol Sports bar and grill isnt really that pub like supporters bar people are thinking of. a Atyeo Dolamn corner would have the most pub like customers and would benefit of having something like that. at present and very probably when this market street is in place people are still not going to leave the pubs for it.

Countryfile You've been inconvenienced the most? well fans moving three times in three seasons could be looked upon as inconvenience. if fans have to move in the Atyeo that will be four in three, if they move again in 2016 thats five in four. doesnt that show its time to properly put heads together and sort something out thoroughly for what is about 10 - 15% and maybe more of fans? it will have been done for smaller groups.

'Fomer eastenders have been inconvenienced the most'.....rubbish.

Everyone has been 'inconvenienced' by the stadium rebuild. And as for needing a 'permanent home', you've got one, Ashton Gate.

Why wouldn't the 'former' Eastenders not want to make their new home the upper tier of the new Williams stand?

Advantages; no one would need to be moved. Full access to the new stadium facilities, plenty of space.

Disadvantages; Nothing obvious.

This wouldn't work, the club has already come out and stated that the rake in all other stands bar the atyeo is too steep. In turn this doesn't warrant the allowance of a relaxed attitude to standing etc.

This includes all of the dolman, south stand and new Williams. The only place it can happen is the atyeo.

If fans are permently removed from the atyeo, and forced to go elsewhere, there will be an enforced policy of no standing.

Myself personally do not feel that fans getting spilt up and the enforcement of no standing will help the atmosphere at all. Some people need to understand that there is a lot more than what they know, about how things are being run and why that happens from a clubs point of view. 

Excuse my ignorance here but how will swapping home and away fans around in the Atyeo  stop any fighting, I can't see by moving away fans from one bottleneck to another will make any difference to this happening.

This hasn't got any genuine issues with fans fighting , there are additional issues which are causing this to potentially happen. People cannot say why as it is not their place to do so.

Why wouldn't the 'former' Eastenders not want to make their new home the upper tier of the new Williams stand?

Advantages; no one would need to be moved. Full access to the new stadium facilities, plenty of space.

Disadvantages; Nothing obvious.

Price? It's bound to be the most expensive stand in the stadium. Although upper maybe less expensive than lower perhaps, but still more expensive than the South Stand or the Dolman. 

Isn't also going to be the home of the corporates and the Board. Can't see them wanting to have the Ex Eastenders above them somehow.

Also if the South Stand is deemed too steep to stand then no way will standing be allowed in the upper Williams.

The only stand suitable for standing is the Atyeo. It will always now be the cheapest priced, so it's basically that or nothing if you want cheaper tickets and to stand. With that comes more basic facilities. I think the away fans will also be sharing the stand too, but after this season (only 6 months or so) the tunnel isn't an issue anymore.

edit; I took so long typing this others have made similar points, I didn't copy honest!

It would be a good idea to have a good pub rather than a glitzy bar. Not sure about the practicalities of sharing Dolman facilities before or during games. There would have to be an awful lot of ticket checking and I know this upset Eastenders previously. Also what if Dolman/Williams/south stand people wanted to use the pub, does it work both ways?

Archived