IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Where are the other 2.5k?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/season-card-renewals-top-10000-3059812.aspx

Like Gordie said thats just the early bird people, thats a very good start. With a good finish to the season we could end up with at least half the stadium full with sason ticket holders.  Added to that the away support of teams like Newcastle? , Villa etc, we could have some good crowds next season.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/season-card-renewals-top-10000-3059812.aspx

Like Gordie said thats just the early bird people, thats a very good start. With a good finish to the season we could end up with at least half the stadium full with sason ticket holders.  Added to that the away support of teams like Newcastle? , Villa etc, we could have some good crowds next season.

Hmmm maybe but if 2.5k don't renew by Sunday then that's a lot of fans to lose. I'm sure the figure will increase by Sunday midnight but a bit worrying. Still I'm one of many getting a brand new season ticket for the first time in years

Can't see it going much above 12k unless they really start making some noise in the summer. 

Don't under estimate how much of an anti climax last summer was, this season has been and of course, the Lee Johnson appointment .

A lot of fans could eye up POTD and see how the first half the season goes

13 minutes ago, Kibs said:

By 27th April last year we'd sold 11,800 but given the reduced capacity, I guess there was more reason to buy early. 

13 days to sell another 1800 tickets to get past that then. Seems possible. I guess they will have the box office open during the beam back on Saturday.....

2 minutes ago, tinman-is-god said:

If they halved the prices. we'd double sales and be sold out each week and have loads of matchday revenue coming in. But that would require some actual thought.

And make the same amount of money!

Need provision for POTD.

As you say, requires some actual thought....

6 minutes ago, tinman-is-god said:

If they halved the prices. we'd double sales and be sold out each week and have loads of matchday revenue coming in. But that would require some actual thought.

I don't know if thats true, outside of regulars like us, Bristol is not the most enthused City when it comes to sport.

I expect with the new u25 cheaper season ticket price I think we could push 15,000. Still think we missed a trick with cheaper season tickets because no one will want to see empty red seats ! Only thing to stop That will be success on the pitch

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know if thats true, outside of regulars like us, Bristol is not the most enthused City when it comes to sport.

Not sure if this is true either don't we have the highest participation of amateur football outside of London? 

Too busy playing football I suppose rather than watching it

We also have a decent crowd for the rugby which would be much better in top flight. 

And cricket is pretty big too!

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A good friend of mine is a Bradford fan and they for years struggled to sell season tickets. They reduced prices significantly and as a result sold over 18,000 season tickets last year. This has resulted in increased matchday spending, more % of seats filled and works. If we reduced prices a lot, we could sell 20k season tickets comfortably. That would mean with even 500 away fans and only 1k POTD you would have a minimum crowd of 21,500. Yes you would not make as much on season ticket sales as charging a shed-load for 15k season tickets but the overall benefits of cutting costs and getting people at the game makes it a worthwhile investment. Cannot believe more clubs have not followed the Bradford model. It works.

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That's a very poor number Imo especially after a brand new rebuild

A lot will depend on the transfer activity I think. You can deny that all the excitement  and momentum going into this season was shocked out of the fans before a ball was even kicked last summer.

Gomake some marquee  signings.  Get off to  a good start.  And the fans will come...

4 minutes ago, tinman-is-god said:

Would you rather have 20-22k of season ticket holders paying less or 13-15k paying through nose which is what we will have?

Given that clubs want fans to spend their match day in the stadium and their money makes more sense. I'd buy one plus two juveniles and a mate would as well but we work shifts so can't do it, so memberships again.

I know everyone slates the board for the ticket prices and what not. But seriously do you think they wouldn't  have considered making it cheaper if it would benefit both income and attendances. In the short term yes maybe cheap tickets would work but what if we went down. The attendances would drop again and the club would be getting less income. Still I'm.no expert but I'm sure Steve landsdown and Co made a huge amount of money being clever business men.

4 minutes ago, tinman-is-god said:

Would you rather have 20-22k of season ticket holders paying less or 13-15k paying through nose which is what we will have?

I don't think our fans do pay through the nose.

Free kids tickets in The Family stand,Under 22's £115 in the South Stand, Under 19's at £99, under 12's £50.

Good value if you ask me.

Archived