IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

2 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

Can you remember whose kit it was at least I'll be able to put my daughters mind at ease. 

It was Donnys.

Doncaster-Rovers-Away-Shirt-2014-15.jpg

On 06 July 2016 at 15:17, Anglia Red said:

Futsal team wearing white and green kit kit with purple and lime on sleeves - see below .

On 06 July 2016 at 15:24, BRISTOL86 said:

image.png

The Futsal club have been wearing this kit all throughout last season. It won't be this one.

People on the forum have seen the kit, and it's the same as our home kit, but navy (Bristol Sport) blue . . .  allegedly.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As I've said elsewhere, I hope that they have gone off to have a rethink and it will now be a last minute thing due to the rethink. 

So have you seen it and sworn to secrecy.

The more I think about it, the more I would love a blue away kit. The howls of anguish from north of the river would be hilarious.

There is hardly a history and tradition to our away colours, which have varied enormously over the years, so I don't see any issue with a blue away kit at all.

Would rather we stopped pissing around and had a bit of identity with our kits. Home at least. 

Red shorts, then white shorts, then black on the shirt, then back to white, then red again....

For me - red / white red home and white / black / white away. 

At a push, if we want to go all one colour then all red home / all white away. 

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

The more I think about it, the more I would love a blue away kit. The howls of anguish from north of the river would be hilarious.

There is hardly a history and tradition to our away colours, which have varied enormously over the years, so I don't see any issue with a blue away kit at all.

Neither do I but if it were down to me I'd have an all black away strip. The last one was very smart.

We're all to late anyway. No doubt at all that the colour and design were created  a while ago. It'll be the manufacturer hose to blame........:whistle:

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Anguish? They'll be mocking us and rightly so..

17 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Anguish? They'll be mocking us and rightly so..

To my mind it would be just another step on their road to irrelevance and would show that they really are no longer of any concern to us.

Do you think Manchester United give a **** what colours Rochdale or Oldham play in? Would it have any bearing in any way on what colour their away kit is? That is the amount of consideration we should be paying to the gas in these matters.

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

To my mind it would be just another step on their road to irrelevance and would show that they really are no longer of any concern to us.

Do you think Manchester United give a **** what colours Rochdale or Oldham play in? Would it have any bearing in any way on what colour their away kit is? That is the amount of consideration we should be paying to the gas in these matters.

:laugh: As much as I mock the fewers you cannot compare the man utd Rochdale "rivalry" to city and rovers. It's much more closer and fiercer. Can you seriously imagine Newcastle being happy that they're away kit is red, the same with Southampton and Portsmouth fans? And on top of other things apart from 1909 when have we EVER had a blue away kit? After the backlash of the hashtags and DollyMarie telling them that a blue away kit is disastrous I pray they change their mind.

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

:laugh: As much as I mock the fewers you cannot compare the man utd Rochdale "rivalry" to city and rovers. It's much more closer and fiercer. Can you seriously imagine Newcastle being happy that they're away kit is red, the same with Southampton and Portsmouth fans? And on top of other things apart from 1909 when have we EVER had a blue away kit? After the backlash of the hashtags and DollyMarie telling them that a blue away kit is disastrous I pray they change their mind.

I know that OTIB isn't representative of the Bristol City fan base as a whole, but as DollyMarie's opinion doesn't even seem to be representative of OTIB then I hope it has no effect on their decision.

14 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I and a couple thousand others have seen us play in an all blue kit!

Orient away in the 80's, City forgot to bring the away kit with them and we ended up playing in Orient's away kit, which as you will have guessed was all blue!

I think there was a game at Northampton as well in the 1980s when we had to borrow their blue away kit.

14 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Southampton had a blue away kit in the 90s

Portsmouth had a red away kit roughly ten years ago...

also Everton in the past have played in red and both Manchester clubs regular have the colour of their rivals as an away kit

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I see your point although Southampton have had a blue away kit and Pompey have had a red away kit.

The Gas would take the piss however, as pointed out, we wore blue for the 1909 FA Cup final. I guess that makes City the first league club in Bristol to wear the colour. Our away kit in 2005/06 had blue in it as did our shirt for the 2000 Auto Windscreens Final. 

My issue with a blue away kit not because of Rovers but because I'm worried we would get a football version of the Rugby home shirt. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Would rather we stopped pissing around and had a bit of identity with our kits. Home at least. 

Red shorts, then white shorts, then black on the shirt, then back to white, then red again....

For me - red / white red home and white / black / white away. 

At a push, if we want to go all one colour then all red home / all white away. 

Yep - for me we should have always kept this as our away kit...

Gow.JPG

Archived