IGNORED

Taxi for Lansdown and Ashton

WessexPest

The manager is merely a sideshow as far as I'm concerned - as long as the current regime is in place we will continue to round in circles.

Lansdown may not be short on a few quid but it takes more than that to run a football club competently, and he completely clueless. He's burned through managers like nobody's business - when it keeps ending in failure you need to look up the chain to see where the buck truly stops.

I'll get a lot of stick for this post, but I don't care one iota - I want BCFC to succeed and under SL I see us stuck in a yo-yoing rut at best.

"Alright then, AA - who have you got in mind to replace him?"

I don't know the answer to that question but look at the Scum - they were dissatisfied with Higgs and eventually someone came in; they seem happy with Al-Qadi even though he had no obvious connection with the club. City are a more tempting proposition than the Gas. I don't care if we are taken over by someone who has scrumpy running through his veins, I just want someone who can properly run our club.

By all means sack LJ - he's been found wanting at this level, but -oh! - where did we hear that before? Precisely a year ago.

Unforgivable. Lansdown - off you toddle and take Mark Ashton with you.

2 minutes ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

The manager is merely a sideshow as far as I'm concerned - as long as the current regime is in place we will continue to round in circles.

Lansdown may not be short on a few quid but it takes more than that to run a football club competently, and he completely clueless. He's burned through managers like nobody's business - when it keeps ending in failure you need to look up the chain to see where the buck truly stops.

I'll get a lot of stick for this post, but I don't care one iota - I want BCFC to succeed and under SL I see us stuck in a yo-yoing rut at best.

I don't know the answer to that question but look at the Scum - they were dissatisfied with Higgs and eventually someone came in; they seem happy with Al-Qadi even though he had no obvious connection with the club. City are a more tempting proposition than the Gas. I don't care if we are taken over by someone who has scrumpy running through his veins, I just want someone who can properly run our club.

By all means sack LJ - he's been found wanting at this level, but -oh! - where did we hear that before? Precisely a year ago.

You might want to duck.....INCOMING

Dont think Lansdown or Ashton are to blame for any of this. Lansdown has pumped the most he ever has in to transfers this season and i think we will all agree that the players signed all excited us.

Just a shame that Lee Johnson and his mate Holden are a pair of feckless frauds.

Jesus. We've got our first year in a stadium paid for by SL and he should twoddle off. When his son and heir is a known fan and could sustain our future throughout our kids' lifetime. 

Dreary me. Think the OP should go play with traffic. 

4 minutes ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

Are you for real. The only one who should toddle off is you......Bye Bye..

7 minutes ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

SL is untouchable on this forum. He could keep Lee on as manager and take us the the fourth division and many on here would still not have a bad word to say about him. 

Just now, BS3_RED said:

SL is untouchable on this forum. He could keep Lee on as manager and take us the the fourth division and many on here would still not have a bad word to say about him. 

So it would appear. Apparently I registered on here 14 years ago just to wait for this moment when I could troll SL - good one!

5 minutes ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

You want Bristol city to succeed you say,if you think another billionaire is going to buy the club then your nuts. As for wally and the rovers they can only dream of what we have. Easy answer to all the questions,go get pardew  

Be careful what you wish for...

SL has made mistakes yes I agree but we would be nowhere near where we are without him..

i think he has tried to take a step back from running the club and has put a footballing man in with MA but what he needs to do now is invest heavily in the most important person in the club, the manager/head coach and let them take us forward along with MA.

its the only way we will progress in this league and give it a few years and aim high.

he will have to accept people running this club for him and will Cost a fair few quid but it's the only way we will ever get to have a stab at moving up from this league.

At the moment we are moving down from this league in a spectacular fashion..

Hope you got your tin hat on AA. It's gonna have some dents!

FWIW, SL is a businessman. He is not a football coach, player or scout. 

We might be his 'plaything' like our blue neighbours say. But he's chucked a stupid amount of money at us and is yet to be bored. His son, also a businessman, will one day take over.

I feel that eventually, we'll do a Cardiff. Spunk the cash and go up. Then straight back down and live off the parachutes. Then we will yo-yo between the two ala Sunderland or Boro.

5 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

He's not. I've slagged him off for mistakes plenty of times. He's always put his hands deep to put them right. He's taken a lot of punches and HAS NEVER seen us in the fourth division yet. 

20 minutes ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

The year is in its infancy……….but if this entry to the dumbest post of the year awards is ever surpassed……..I will be surprised.  Please sit down in a quiet room, Read through what you have typed. And then please tell us that you are proud and satisfied with your contribution.  Without Lansdown we would probably be languishing in the bottom half of Division 1………get a Grip    P.S. Plus, it goes without saying, that we would be drowning in debt 

Just now, cynic said:

True, because he doesn't deserve any bad words.

Totally agree with the post by @29AR above.

He doesn't deserve any bad words? He is the owner, he is the one employing all these managers and sacking them in the not so distant future. 

Don't get me wrong, he has done alot for this Club but to say he is immune from any form of criticism would be ridiculous. The bottom line is it is his club, it is failing, mainly down to the man HE appointed. 

Wish we could go and get Pardew, he would be a revalation at this level.  However it would cost a fortune to hire him, a fortune to hire his backroom staff, a fortune to pay off lee and his coaching staff and another fortune to give the new manager the support he would demand in the transfer market.

So while SL may have deep pockets, it's most unlikely he will want to go down that route on top of what he has already spent this season.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wish we could go and get Pardew, he would be a revalation at this level.  However it would cost a fortune to hire him, a fortune to hire his backroom staff, a fortune to pay off lee and his coaching staff and another fortune to give the new manager the support he would demand in the transfer market.

So while SL may have deep pockets, it's most unlikely he will want to go down that route on top of what he has already spent this season.

But look at Brighton and what they are doing, last year they posted losses of over £25 million, to compete in this league without parachute payments at the top thats what we will have to spend..

Archived