IGNORED

When your two highest paid players complain...

JasonM88

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

If O'Neil has gone to SL I would imagine its with the backing of a number of players.  The names mentioned on here might only be the tip of an iceberg. 

True. But isn't the chain of command Mark Ashton to SL? If players are going straight to SL then MA does not have any confidence from the players.. 

12 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I'd rather have O'Neil and Tomlin in the team. In their correct positions. Under the tutelage of a respected of a manager with championship experience 

Trouble is.... where are going to get this manager who also buys into the DNA of being "nice" and someone who SL can get on with, maybe go out to dinner with, preferably with an equally get-on-able father? 

So I summary...

A few senior members of the team have gone to SL and said I don't like LJ because I have a give right to be picked week in week out because of what I get paid. LJ shouldn't get a say in it even though he is the manager...

GON can **** off. After a decent start he has been dog shit for ages and should maybe look at himself before blaming anyone else!

Tomlin, well I can't remember the last time he put in a decent performance and if he isn't playing well should be dropped. No one should be undroppable!

Paterson, well, the biggest mistake LJ has made since coming here was signing this poor excuse for a footballer in the first place!

After the last few weeks I have found myself in the LJ out camp but players going to SL to moan about LJ can do one. Sort yourselves out and earn your place back through training hard and decent performances, not through whatever reputation you think you may have!

1 minute ago, ontariored said:

True. But isn't the chain of command Mark Ashton to SL? If players are going straight to SL then MA does not have any confidence from the players.. 

Of course they won't have confidence, they won't even recognise his role. At the end of the day and we all know there's only one relevant person. One person who pays the wages, pays the bills, has the final say on everything. 

Hes done fantastically for this football club with the minor matter of not delivering any true footballing progress. 

3 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

A good manager engages the players and has authority. I think LJ does the first but he has lost the players because of his piss poor tactics....His pathetic post match interviews only hinder his credibility.  The Bristol City Project is turning into a nightmare.

Agree with all of this.... add to it the fact he's now got way way too many players. Loads of them no doubt feeling hard done by about the constant swapping and chopping of teams. 

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

After the last few weeks I have found myself in the LJ out camp but players going to SL to moan about LJ can do one. Sort yourselves out and earn your place back through training hard and decent performances, not through whatever reputation you think you may have!

But if you were at work and felt your boss was treating you unfairly, or as alleged here had been rude/borderline unprofessional towards you or others over a period of time what would you do? Just suck it up forever and work twice as hard, or go to his superior to let them know? I feel they are quite within their right to let their feelings known. Either way it's not a good situation to be in.

remove L.J now, put Pembo back in charge until a 'proper' manager can be sourced , don't forget it was Pembo who stopped the rot post Cotts and put the team back on course with a string of good results well before Johnson arrived , and in my opinion Johnson inherited a very comfortable side with good cohesion and balance with a very much uplifted confidence , he lived of that for some time without really giving Pembo the credit he deserved . Johnson is a fraud and now the wheels have well and truly come off he has become very transparent . oh and he has also had the luxury of at least 5 million plus to spend on players.

We have excellent players at the club give Pembo the chance to sort it out before it too late.

cheerio Johnson you become a carbon copy of your old man, I would imagine Barnsley cant believe their luck

Just now, IAmNick said:

But if you were at work and felt your boss was treating you unfairly, or as alleged here had been rude/borderline unprofessional towards you or others over a period of time what would you do? Just suck it up forever and work twice as hard, or go to his superior to let them know? I feel they are quite within their right to let their feelings known. Either way it's not a good situation to be in.

Yeah but if I had also performed as badly in my job as some of our players have then I would expect to be let go with no pay out.

The one thing you can't really do is compare an everyday job to that of a footballer.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yeah but if I had also performed as badly in my job as some of our players have then I would expect to be let go with no pay out.

The one thing you can't really do is compare an everyday job to that of a footballer.

As you alluded to maybe that's part of the problem - pretty sure if I behaved at work how half of them appear to I'd be out on my arse sharpish!

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

In my job, if I was asked to work in IT or to fit a kitchen I wouldn't be very good at it!! 

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Cannot and won't give source but is absolutely solid , changing room after the match , Johnson lost it completely , blamed Little on penalty, Bryan on second, ranted and raved then turned to the non used players ( about six of them ) including Reid and Freeman etc to get out as they were irrevelant and  told other staff in there to go as well.

Has fallen out with O'Neill big time and Tomlin has told him he has lost his respect , others are fed up of the constant chopping and changing and players don't understand what he wants from them, fair to say he's lost the dressing room.

Has fallen out with O'Neill big time and Tomlin has told him he has lost his respect , others are fed up of the constant chopping and changing and players don't understand what he wants from them, fair to say he's lost the dressing room.

Interesting Cov - I heard that the players who weren't involved yesterday were 'treated disgracefully'

without how / why

Your indications would explain 

:blink:

Hmmmmm

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But in truth there's no comparison - in the workplace - between most of us and people with a particular skill or talent which isn't easily replaced. And managing these talented people - Lee Tomlin, one of the best creative players in the league, Gary O'Neil, one of its wisest old hands - requires sensitivity to get the best from them. Not sensitivity as in kid-gloves, but rather understanding what makes them tick and getting them to do their best. That's what management is...and it's not easy with talented people with egos who can just walk and get a job somewhere else. But it's not impossible. If you can't manage big egos I'm not sure why you'd be in football management

1 hour ago, WestonRobin said:

If only we had someone checking if they were the right 'fit' and whether they possess the right DNA!

If only.

Perhaps the players DNA is just fine!

The idea that players have gone above the coach suggests either one of two scenarios (or a mixture)

1 Players have an underlying dislike of the manager and want to tell tales that it's not their fault it's him!

2 They have the best interests of the club at heart (in their own minds) and a need to let management know

We had this exact problem with Brian Tinnion......Now what other comparisons can be drawn there. I can think of at least two!

But hey we don't know it even happened. Do We?

1 hour ago, WestonRobin said:

No it didn't - totally different passage of play. The resultant shot from this mix up went out for a goal kick.

He gave the ball away soon after which led to the 2nd iirc. 

Tbf to Brownhill he was a) knackered and b)had no outlets for a transition from defence to attack. 

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Best sack the manager if our high earning underachievers don't like what the boss is doing. Personally think they should be channeling all their energies to keeping us up.

Surely you're not suggesting footballers should take personal responsibility? Whatever next? We all know after all that it is always the manager at fault and players are never to blame. Especially as all those allegedly concerned have played brilliantly in every game and are therefore undroppable.:whistle:

14 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

remove L.J now, put Pembo back in charge until a 'proper' manager can be sourced , don't forget it was Pembo who stopped the rot post Cotts and put the team back on course with a string of good results well before Johnson arrived , and in my opinion Johnson inherited a very comfortable side with good cohesion and balance with a very much uplifted confidence , he lived of that for some time without really giving Pembo the credit he deserved . Johnson is a fraud and now the wheels have well and truly come off he has become very transparent . oh and he has also had the luxury of at least 5 million plus to spend on players.

We have excellent players at the club give Pembo the chance to sort it out before it too late.

cheerio Johnson you become a carbon copy of your old man, I would imagine Barnsley cant believe their luck

'Pembo' was in charge for 3 games, hardly a good sample to judge him by. 

18 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Players may have a point. They might also be trying to undermine the manager. Do any of them really care like we do?

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

He gave the ball away soon after which led to the 2nd iirc. 

Tbf to Brownhill he was a) knackered and b)had no outlets for a transition from defence to attack. 

Spot on. Brownhill was caught in possession and as Little wasn't tracking his man he was left free to put a ball in the box...2 more errors later (Bryan and Fielding) and the ball was in our net.

Brownhill had a really good game but was shot by 75 mins and needed to be changed with GO'N coming on in his place. 

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

But in truth there's no comparison - in the workplace - between most of us and people with a particular skill or talent which isn't easily replaced. And managing these talented people - , Gary O'Neil, one of its wisest old hands - requires sensitivity to get the best from them. Not sensitivity as in kid-gloves, but rather understanding what makes them tick and getting them to do their best. That's what management is...and it's not easy with talented people with egos who can just walk and get a job somewhere else. But it's not impossible. If you can't manage big egos I'm not sure why you'd be in football management

Lee Tomlin, one of the best creative players in the league.....did he tell you that

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Players may have a point. They might also be trying to undermine the manager. Do any of them really care like we do?

No player should be allowed to undermine any manager. Supporters are with there club for possibly over 60 years plus. A player is lucky to have 10 to 15 max years with a club. The manager might make bad decisions, but players should be 100% behind him no matter what goes on at the end. They should be doing their best for the people who pay there wages. Otherwise bye bye. No one should be bigger than their club.

Archived