IGNORED

When your two highest paid players complain...

JasonM88

31 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Can't give into this type of player power. This almost makes LJ unsackable IMO, if you sack a manager because the players complain then that is a slippery slope. It doesn't matter if the complaint is the reason he gets the sack or not the players will believe they hold the power.

Cannot and won't give source but is absolutely solid , changing room after the match , Johnson lost it completely , blamed Little on penalty, Bryan on second, ranted and raved then turned to the non used players ( about six of them ) including Reid and Freeman etc to get out as they were irrevelant and  told other staff in there to go as well.

Has fallen out with O'Neill big time and Tomlin has told him he has lost his respect , others are fed up of the constant chopping and changing and players don't understand what he wants from them, fair to say he's lost the dressing room.

What lansdown and Ashton have to understand it's our club not there's , but it's the clique that's keeping him in a job, if they don't act to get rid of him this could get much worse.

46 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fact is out of all the transfers this season, the two experienced ones have been the most disappointing in Tomlin and O'Neil. Haven't produced consistently enough and don't lead by example. Why should LJ cater to them? We all called for Tomlin and it hasn't worked but there was no point to the O'Neil signing. High wages for an aging non vocal leader who doesn't have the legs to lead by example anymore. I wouldn't lose any sleep if Tomlin, O'Neil and Paterson left TBH. Came in with big reputations and have stagnated the team. Give me Brownhill over O'Neil, Reid over Tomlin and O'Dowda over Paterson. They all leave everything on the pitch at a fraction of the cost. 

The problem being that Brownhill's stupid backheel at 2-1 led to the equaliser and set the inevitable scenario up yesterday. We have players learning on the job due to inexperience and by the time the penny drops we will be in League 1.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

The problem being that Brownhill's stupid backheel at 2-1 led to the equaliser and set the inevitable scenario up yesterday. We have players learning on the job due to inexperience and by the time the penny drops we will be in League 1.

No doubt. Just saying, if there is a problem with said players, then I'd rather get on with the youth and deal with what happens. Even without them I'd fancy us to stay up. If there are no problems then I'd only say they need to up their games and lead this group by example. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No it didn't - totally different passage of play. The resultant shot from this mix up went out for a goal kick.

The truth is none of us know. I can see why people may think it but also I can see logical reasons why they are not playing.

Maybe for some the conspiracy theories offer an explanation of this bad run.

What would be useful is if there was actual reporters who are able to ask pressing such as why hasn't Tomlin been starting and I'm sure Lee would give an honest answer.

The lack of these questions causes fans to speculate.

Threads like this are really unhelpful because there is a section of our fanbase who will read this and believe it to be true, I then hear them in the pubs, in the ground passing on this exclusive breaking news to everyone else who then in turn also believe it and it then spreads like wildfire.

9 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Cannot and won't give source but is absolutely solid , changing room after the match , Johnson lost it completely , blamed Little on penalty, Bryan on second, ranted and raved then turned to the non used players ( about six of them ) including Reid and Freeman etc to get out as they were irrevelant and  told other staff in there to go as well.

Has fallen out with O'Neill big time and Tomlin has told him he has lost his respect , others are fed up of the constant chopping and changing and players don't understand what he wants from them, fair to say he's lost the dressing room.

What lansdown and Ashton have to understand it's our club not there's , but it's the clique that's keeping him in a job, if they don't act to get rid of him this could get much worse.

To slightly defend Johnson he is entitled to have a pop at Little and Bryan. Search youtube for a Warnock rant at Morgan and Jagielka. It is part and parcel of football. Brownhill and Bryan in particular cost us the game yesterday on that second goal.

I saw a tweet yesterday from someone saying that Johnson and Tomlin had a falling out after the Wolves game and Paul Lambert reacted by saying something like he'd never seen a player talk to a manager in such a way.

At Huddersfield it was pretty obvious during the game that Tomlin was having a running argument with Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The truth is none of us know. I can see why people may think it but also I can see logical reasons why they are not playing.

Maybe for some the conspiracy theories offer an explanation of this bad run.

What would be useful is if there was actual reporters who are able to ask pressing such as why hasn't Tomlin been starting and I'm sure Lee would give an honest answer.

The lack of these questions causes fans to speculate.

Threads like this are really unhelpful because there is a section of our fanbase who will read this and believe it to be true, I then hear them in the pubs, in the ground passing on this exclusive breaking news to everyone else who then in turn also believe it and it then spreads like wildfire.

i think lee pointed out Tomlin was built for comfort not speed, don't think the Ego liked that.

8 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I can second that. His shocking man management isn't new either. This starred last season and the freeman situation is of only one mans making.

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

I saw a tweet yesterday from someone saying that Johnson and Tomlin had a falling out after the Wolves game and Paul Lambert reacted by saying something like he'd never seen a player talk to a manager in such a way.

At Huddersfield it was pretty obvious during the game that Tomlin was having a running argument with Johnson.

No player. No manager. No employee is bigger than Bristol City Football Club

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was within 60 seconds of that backheel that we conceded. The panic arising from it set the tone for the rest of the game.

Maybe, in my opinion the panic had already set-in by then...this came after we conceded the penalty. We looked edgy and nervous from that moment on.

Whenever the panic set in is a moot point, the back heel didn't lead to the equaliser.

Just now, WestonRobin said:

Maybe, in my opinion the panic had already set-in by then...this came after we conceded the penalty. We looked edgy and nervous from that moment on.

Whenever the panic set in is a moot point, the back heel didn't lead to the equaliser.

We can argue all day about when the panic set in but you want the Manager to spot it and get some experience out there!!!

18 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Seems like a clique are trying to get the manager sacked. What a laughable situation we find ourselves in. Embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, ontariored said:

With emotions very high given the situation, you have to wonder how real the majority of this info is. There were similar reported player / manager fall outs with GJ and Marcus Stewart and others.  So, can we say with 100 % confidence all this is true?

I wasn't worried until I saw @TETBURY MASSIVE liking posts...

Just now, ontariored said:

Not sure who Tetbury Massive is but they could just be enjoying the humour? 

Nor me but fairly confident from stuff in the past he would know if anything in this.

Fully expecting a Like from TM for that.

None of this surprises me, as I mentioned previously LJ is not a particularly liked bloke has a bit of a spiteful persona by all accounts.  If it is true that players are going to SL, then I would expect if SL has eyes and ears in all the right places he will be able to tell if it is just some jumped up players causing trouble or if they have a very good point.

But if he has lost the dressing room, then we will not be getting any points soon until he has run out of town, will the owne rbe happy to see the club going down backing his manger, or would he rather get another in that can maybe handle players better?  We know where this goes, 5 year contract or no 5 year contract.... Unless SL is pig headed enough to keep backing his manager until the inevitable conclusion.

Either way, I am hoping he hasn't lost the players, as there has been a lot of investment put in place that could potentially be unwanted by someone else

Archived