IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal?

marmite

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

What a shambles of a club.

Well done Mr Lansdown, you've ripped this once great club to shreds.

The thing that angers me is he doesn't give a ****.

I was chatting to @REDOXO re this subject before the Norwich game: I don't buy the theory that he doesn't give a flying one. He is a wealthy man, and didn't get that way by squandering millions on playthings. Personally I would apply Occam's Razor here, and it is simply that he has not got a ******* clue how to run a football club.

7 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I was chatting to @REDOXO re this subject before the Norwich game: I don't buy the theory that he doesn't give a flying one. He is a wealthy man, and didn't get that way by squandering millions on playthings. Personally I would apply Occam's Razor here, and it is simply that he has not got a ******* clue how to run a football club.

Occams (ockhams) razor makes OTIB. The great Friar is looking down on us kindly we hope. Or rollong in his grave! 

Anyone with some Plato?

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Occams (ockhams) razor makes OTIB. The great Friar is looking down on us kindly we hope. Or rollong in his grave! 

Anyone with some Plato?

A cursory look at wikipedia for Plato uncovered this " Plato often discusses the father-son relationship and the question of whether a father's interest in his sons has much to do with how well his sons turn out ", clearly GJ instilled in his young lad his own skill in 2nd tier football club management.

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

A cursory look at wikipedia for Plato uncovered this " Plato often discusses the father-son relationship and the question of whether a father's interest in his sons has much to do with how well his sons turn out ", clearly GJ instilled in his young lad his own skill in 2nd tier football club management.

What skill did Steve instill in Jon though? Assuming that Lee is not Steves love child as has been proposed on the mighty OTIB! A LOT!

Hi All. First time poster but long time supporter.  Good to meet you all.  First season was 1989-90 as a teenager and fell in love with the club from that time. There have been seasons when I have attended most home matches and some when I've sadly attended none - mostly when I lived in another city. These last 3 seasons, I've lived back in Bristol and attended every home game. This season is my second as a SC holder.  I honestly thought that would be it for life.......

Sitting as I do with 3 friends and knowing more people than this who go, the social aspect of going to the Gate and supporting the club I love is the only thing making it difficult to stop attending this year and I am SERIOUSLY considering not taking up the offer of a SC next season especially in L1; the dilemma is that 2 of my group will want to renew partly due to the financial savings that this presents and so for me not to follow suit would likely mean that I cannot sit with them for the games that I choose to attend.  Of course, if Johnson was then sacked mid-season in League One I would begin attending every game once again and could conceivably end up paying more over the season than if I had taken up the offer of a SC.  However, to ensure the club sees a significant reduction in SC sales feels like the only protest that I can make and so I am likely to stick to my guns if we go down and Johnson remains.  I will have to console myself in the knowledge that I can still meet up with friends before and after each game.

On the matter of this season....while i and maybe most fans know little of what is truly going on behind the scenes I am astounded at the disconnect between club and fans that the former has allowed to develop. Either they don't see it, feel it is only a minority that feels this way or simply don't care, well I don't know which is the case.  It honestly feels as though the board and SL have simply decided to dig their heels in and ride the storm.  Whether we stay up or go down they perhaps feel that we will forget or at least forgive once LJ has us as L1 champions all over again.  This is the point however. We were all here 2 years ago and the pleasure I will experience in a promotion season will be muted in a way that has never happened before, all due to the fact that relegation was on the cards for so long and it is only pigheadedness that has allowed this eventuality to become a distinct possibility.  I have reached the point where I feel something bordering on hatred for Johnson whenever I see him and this season has been thoroughly miserable.   We are made to feel through various mishandled media communications that we are to blame in a large way which also boils the blood.

It will take some time to heal the wounds that have been opened this season.  Do the club even see the need for treatment?

It depends a lot on price as well as manager and division.

For example.

Same price as this year + league 1 + Johnson = no way.

£100 off this years price + league 1 + new manager = yes.

Increase in Price by 10% + Johnson + Championship = probably not (but some food voucher to spend before 16:30 on a Tuesday match night could swing it ;-) )

At half time on Tuesday night, I decided I was no longer enjoying the dross being repeatedly served up. I couldn't even muster a clap or cheer for the goal. I decided I won't be entering Ashton Gate again as long as Johnson is in charge. As others have already stated, we are in a totally unnecessary situation. So unless he's gone I won't be renewing. Sad times.

1 hour ago, Red Grovesy said:

For example.

Increase in Price by 10% + Johnson + Championship = probably not (but some food voucher to spend before 16:30 on a Tuesday match night could swing it ;-) )

So option 1 it is then coz he's goin nowhere...:yawn:

4 hours ago, lager loud said:

I'm not apathetic. Things could get bad enough for me to decide not to go to games at all until things improved, but I'm not there yet. But the half way house of inconveniencing myself to try to make some sort of point to the club is not my way.

If it weren't for the social side of going to football I'm not sure how often I would bother, so for what matters to me it's not a terrible excuse.

il meet you in the Avon packett have the social side tell them to stick the shit

41 minutes ago, Stedge said:

At half time on Tuesday night, I decided I was no longer enjoying the dross being repeatedly served up. I couldn't even muster a clap or cheer for the goal. I decided I won't be entering Ashton Gate again as long as Johnson is in charge. As others have already stated, we are in a totally unnecessary situation. So unless he's gone I won't be renewing. Sad times.

Yep. I felt the same during the 0-0 'defeat' against Burton. Have a season ticket but decided not to go on Tuesday against Norwich. Probably will give the Huddersfield game a miss as well. Funny really, just had a text from the club reminding me the Huddersfield match day has changed. Perhaps they are getting worried a few of us season ticket holders may not turn up.

48 minutes ago, Stedge said:

snap

The courtesy calls should have started by now but haven't got the gall to make them.

In the Autumn I received a call saying how wonderful we were doing and if you fancied joining the Community Trust City Foundation.

Nowhere to be seen now - a bit like LJ nipping down the tunnel without anyone see him unlike the previous long walk round to the Atyeo Tunnel.

28 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Yep. I felt the same during the 0-0 'defeat' against Burton. Have a season ticket but decided not to go on Tuesday against Norwich. Probably will give the Huddersfield game a miss as well. Funny really, just had a text from the club reminding me the Huddersfield match day has changed. Perhaps they are getting worried a few of us season ticket holders may not turn up.

Just had the same text. Have replied that I am boycotting in protest at LJ. Do the replies get read by anyone or are they automatic messages?

I haven't given any real thought to the question as I honestly cannot believe the club would be so pig headed as to persist with Johnson beyond this summer - wherever we finish - but off the top of my head, with all the travel and other sacrifices, I'd be very seriously thinking twice about it if Lee Johnson was still here.

For one thing, as others have said, there's a social aspect (particularly for people like me who live out of Bristol and only see long-time friends on Saturday), and although it's fashionable on here to say everyone away from OTIB is well adjusted and happy with things, many I know have long since threatened not to renew.

In any case, it's not about "through thick and thin" as some put it. This isn't thin. The club doesn't have some horrible irreversible problem or terminal threat. Far from it, it has decided it can be so complacent it can afford to alienate supporters with the mis-management of the first team and terrible standard of football.

On that basis, this wouldn't be abandoning the club in a time of need, quite the opposite, this would be giving the club the jolt it deserves if it feels it can hoist this Lee Johnson charade on us forever, at a time its revenues and expenditure have never been higher. That's hardly "thin"... it's thick, in more ways than one. 

Well I've already made up my mind.

I won't renew if it's L1 (it will be L1) or if Johnson remains (he will it seems).

Sad times. I first started going in 1967. I haven't missed many home games since then. I've had a S/T since the enclosure went over to seats! I've travelled away, but no more - after 50 years Johnson and Lansdown have killed it................in fact I blame SL more than Johnson because he could have stopped this mess weeks ago. One man ruining 18000 people's enjoyment!!

As I've said before, I am going to renew. I always do.

The only time I seriously thought about not doing so was under SOD. Football a million times worse than at present but in L1 and with a big-headed, snake oil salesman of a manager I seriously disliked. The mumbling brummie ********!

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

The question was asked and is being answered. 

We will  have to see how much is just talk and idle threat.

But, this also applies to those that state they will renew, no matter what.

You're not suggesting that all OTIB posters might potentially be blowing hot air are you?

And here I was thinking I was on the righteous side :whistle:

As I have said in a previous post I won't bother with a season ticket. There will be no need, just forever Bristol membership and I can pick and choose the games. After 46 years as a fan just because I don't renew it doesn't make me care less about the club I have seen in the top flight and the bottom of Division 4. My brother lives 140 miles and nearly a 3-hour drive from Ashton Gate and for him, every home game is an away game. He was at the Norwich game on Tuesday and that is real loyalty but like me and my son no league 1 season ticket for what is actually division 3. SL only understands about money and if only half renew it sends a message. Under his watch, we have a great stadium and the worst manager in our history. I have never felt Ashton Gate like it was for most of the game on Tuesday. The only resignation is that of the fans knowing our situation and where we are headed and not LJ.

1 minute ago, bcfcfinker said:

You're not suggesting that all OTIB posters might potentially be blowing hot air are you?

And here I was thinking I was on the righteous side :whistle:

There's no hope for any of us.

We're all going to die soon! 

;)

32 minutes ago, freezer said:

Thank you

The membership has been a good deal in the past, with the price quite quickly recovered by the discounts on tickets...costs £20, you get £5 off each home match ticket. And you get a priority on sales, but not as good as ST holders. I had one prior to this season and thought it a good deal. I used it to buy tickets all through the Cotts promotion season and got them to every game I wanted to attend. It's not as cheap as a ST if you plan to attend every home match...but I'm not planning to do that under the current regime!

3 hours ago, marmite said:

I admire your thinking and its how I usually feel but there is definately something different about this season. I was there in div 4 also but at least there seemed to be  a plan then. The whole matchday experience has a different feel now and I hate feeling the way I do. I asked the question at the start of the thread to gauge the general feeling. It appears to be very negative and angry. Take npte Sl before its too late. 

I can remember division 4 and it was far better than this season. Terry Cooper was a manager loved by every supporter and, importantly, a person you could trust. There was no money but he and the board created a spirit of optimism  

2 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

For example.

How about these prices offered by Sunderland for next season?

Adult - £350. Under 16 - £50

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

In any case, it's not about "through thick and thin" as some put it. This isn't thin. The club doesn't have some horrible irreversible problem or terminal threat. Far from it, it has decided it can be so complacent it can afford to alienate supporters with the mis-management of the first team and terrible standard of football.

Spot on. Definitely not a case of 'support the club through thick and thin' but rather those at the helm are damaging the club and alienating it's fan base, meaning staying away is the only option so they get the message.

Archived