IGNORED

The I'm sorry Lee Johnson thread

Inactive user

17 hours ago, bs3 said:

With the money, time and effort SL has  put into to this club if he knew what he was doing we should be in the Premier League.

You're talking a very one dimension approach to the matter.

He's not throwing silly money at the club and demanding success. It's like you're stereotyping SL to Arbramovich et al.

You're challenging me on SL's outcomes, I'm more or less referring to SL's acumen which supersedes most negative opinions some have over the matter.

On 17/03/2017 at 21:37, Rednwhiterob said:

Anyone man enough to admit they were wrong and apologise?

I've just seen this thread, so sorry that I'm a bit late but

Really? We've one two games in 13? Should we stay up I'll still be calling for Johnson to go as I think we'll just go on to do similar next season. You, @Rednwhiterob need to get a grip. 

On 3/17/2017 at 21:37, Rednwhiterob said:

Anyone man enough to admit they were wrong and apologise?

Typical OTIB. 1 win and everyone thinks Jonson is God. 

I've been so depressed and miserable watching City this season because of Lee Johnson that one 4 nil victory won't change anything or make me forget how s*** this season has been. Johnson Out.

If Johnson keeps us up I'm happy for him to stay for another season.

The reason for this is because he said he needed three transfer windows to make Bristol City a force again, so the summer will give him just that. If we're struggling come Christmas, then he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Mainly, I don't want to replace a manager without a solid manager to replace him. Currently, there isn't any, and there's no indication that our board is willing to give someone that level of control.

2 hours ago, SARJ said:

Typical OTIB. 1 win and everyone thinks Jonson is God. 

I've been so depressed and miserable watching City this season because of Lee Johnson that one 4 nil victory won't change anything or make me forget how s*** this season has been. Johnson Out.

No one thinks he's God, not even the OP I'd suggest. 

2 hours ago, EnderMB said:

The reason for this is because he said he needed three transfer windows to make Bristol City a force again, so the summer will give him just that. If we're struggling come Christmas, then he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Mainly, I don't want to replace a manager without a solid manager to replace him. Currently, there isn't any, and there's no indication that our board is willing to give someone that level of control.

With the number of players brought in in the last two windows, the three window comment doesn't hold much water any more.

The I'm sorry Lee Johnson - set the bar so low that we're even having this conversation.

A great win on Friday that was long overdue, but any future City Head Coach will make sure that their contract has a watertight Lee Johnson clause inserted that allows them to install a lazyboy chair in the dug-out with players' instructions communicated by text via the big screens and a minimum number of consecutive losses allowed that reaches double figures.

Apart from that, its all good.

I happen to think that a lot of the improvement was down to the players realising they were in serious danger of relegation. They may not be happy with the coaching team but relegation would hit them where it hurts - in the pocket.

I'm not sure the 'game plan' was any different from LJ. He has wanted them to play a pressing game most of the season but they haven't delivered. Whether that was in protest at him who knows. On Friday they kept it up for the whole game. Whether they carry on doing that is, I would guess, more down to their choice than what LJ does or doesn't do. 

Just have to look at Leicester's players to see how they can choose to go for it or not.

3 hours ago, EnderMB said:

1 hour ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

With the number of players brought in in the last two windows, the three window comment doesn't hold much water any more.

He himself stated that they brought the third window / signings forward to January because of our situation

As far as I'm concerned he's had his three - and other than some tinkering in the summer (Assuming he's still here) it's his squad and no more excuses about more transfer windows now

On 17/03/2017 at 22:03, BCFChayden said:

To be fair.

i never said we got points for loosing? I understand though that we all win loose or draw and yes unfortunately we went on one shocking run but no team walked away battering us we always lost by 1 goal.

Always lost by 1 goal. U sure

53 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I happen to think that a lot of the improvement was down to the players realising they were in serious danger of relegation. They may not be happy with the coaching team but relegation would hit them where it hurts - in the pocket.

I'm not sure the 'game plan' was any different from LJ. He has wanted them to play a pressing game most of the season but they haven't delivered. Whether that was in protest at him who knows. On Friday they kept it up for the whole game. Whether they carry on doing that is, I would guess, more down to their choice than what LJ does or doesn't do. 

Just have to look at Leicester's players to see how they can choose to go for it or not.

Well said - this guy know's.

All season Joe Bryan has been refusing to tackle and giving players ample of space and time on the ball. All of a sudden he's closing down rapidly, chasing everything, giving the opposition a little more than a yard of thinking time.

Perhaps the realization of wage loss and less glamour in the lower leagues has finally hit home. Nobody wants to play in a brand new state of the art stadium that's less than half empty.

33 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

All i can say is that one swallow doth not a summer make.

We can still hope though.

Yep a lot of work still to be done.......watch out for over confidence it often comes and smacks you in the face

46 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, you demanded apologies after we somehow stuffed Huddersfield at home in front of the TV cameras...haven't seen your apology after yesterday's debacle?

Sincere apologies if I've missed it...

Well it was disappointing right enough, but didn't warrant the mass bedwetting I read on here after the match.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Well it was disappointing right enough, but didn't warrant the mass bedwetting I read on here after the match.

We looked two divisions below Brentford, it was a gutless display that was embarrassing to watch.  No bed wetting, not even anger anymore, just shame.

13 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We're consistently crap though Rob with the occasional improved performance which shows the team CAN do it. That's what causes the 'bed wetting' as you put it. One result, decent though it was, doesn't hide the fact that our head coach is inept, arrogant, totally out of his depth and causing huge swathes of fans to withdraw their support. He's the most divisive person I've ever known at this club and that includes Pulis.

I would ask this question, do you think SL would have put up with the dirge we are being asked to watch, without sacking the head coach, if it were anyone else but a Johnson? I think not WTGR.

59 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We're consistently crap though Rob with the occasional improved performance which shows the team CAN do it. That's what causes the 'bed wetting' as you put it. One result, decent though it was, doesn't hide the fact that our head coach is inept, arrogant, totally out of his depth and causing huge swathes of fans to withdraw their support. He's the most divisive person I've ever known at this club and that includes Pulis.

I would ask this question, do you think SL would have put up with the dirge we are being asked to watch, without sacking the head coach, if it were anyone else but a Johnson? I think not WTGR.

But are huge swathes of fans withdrawing support?  I'll be interested in the ST sales.

Archived