IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

If this happens it will be an outstanding signing. He's been on my hypothetical ideal transfer target list since last year when he was doing exceptionally in Ligue 2. Will definitely cope with the physicality of the championship.

What I will say though is LJ said he expected big things from Djuric next season, him and Diedhiou aren't the same style of striker but neither are exactly speedsters so will be interesting to see how involved Djuric is. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

If this happens it will be an outstanding signing. He's been on my hypothetical ideal transfer target list since last year when he was doing exceptionally in Ligue 2. Will definitely cope with the physicality of the championship.

What I will say though is LJ said he expected big things from Djuric next season, him and Diedhiou aren't the same style of striker but neither are exactly speedsters so will be interesting to see how involved Djuric is. 

I would imagine that Djuric will be used for his pure physical size & heading ability & the hope would be Diedhiou would be used to feed off the scraps?

Along with a bit of much needed better supply from out wide, we could actually pose a threat going forward and not just from one player. That would make us a lot harder to defend against which would be a huge positive.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

I would imagine that Djuric will be used for his pure physical size & heading ability & the hope would be Diedhiou would be used to feed off the scraps?

Along with a bit of much needed better supply from out wide, we could actually pose a threat going forward and not just from one player. That would make us a lot harder to defend against which would be a huge positive.

I just think that the compact 442 worked best near the back end of last season with Tammy and Taylor. I don't think Djuric and Diedhiou would be able to cover the same amount of ground or be mobile enough to cover the spaces when attacking, like Taylor did for the 2nd goal vs QPR for example.

For me it leaves Djuric on the bench as first impact sub and we're gonna be playing with Diedhiou and Taylor. For me Diedhiou can be as effective holding the ball up as Tammy was. Whether he can get 20 goals we'll have to wait and see. He's certainly a big lad.

10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Diedhiou looks like he's got the pace, definitely from his YouTube clips he can step it up a gear when needed. 6ft 2 also, so if him and Djuric are both upfront together we'll have a very physical presence in the final third. Diedhiou to me looks very much like Kodjia, best thing is he's only 24. Could be one hell of a signing should we pull it off. If we can get Dicko as well as this guy, we'll be more than alright for strikers next year.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I just think that the compact 442 worked best near the back end of last season with Tammy and Taylor. I don't think Djuric and Diedhiou would be able to cover the same amount of ground or be mobile enough to cover the spaces when attacking, like Taylor did for the 2nd goal vs QPR for example.

For me it leaves Djuric on the bench as first impact sub and we're gonna be playing with Diedhiou and Taylor. For me Diedhiou can be as effective holding the ball up as Tammy was. Whether he can get 20 goals we'll have to wait and see. He's certainly a big lad.

well this is what pre season is for, hopefully we can have both Djuric and Diedhiou upfront with Tomlin behind, O'Dowda and Patterson on the wings and either Smith/Pack/Brownhill sitting deeper.

He's definitely not got the same pace as Kodjia. Jimmy was lightning. 

He's way more physical than Kodjia. Will score headers for fun and will be able to handle even the big centre backs of the division. This is a seriously exciting signing if it goes through. 

22 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Maybe this confirms Wilbraham is off if we're going to have two physical strikers in the side. If we get Dicko too (alongside Taylor and Engvall) it's quite a nice mix of styles.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

He's definitely not got the same pace as Kodjia. Jimmy was lightning. 

He's way more physical than Kodjia. Will score headers for fun and will be able to handle even the big centre backs of the division. This is a seriously exciting signing if it goes through. 

So fast he was constantly offside

4 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

well this is what pre season is for, hopefully we can have both Djuric and Diedhiou upfront with Tomlin behind, O'Dowda and Patterson on the wings and either Smith/Pack/Brownhill sitting deeper.

We'd get murdered playing like that. We need 2 in central midfield if we're playing 2 up top. Tomlin doesn't work hard enough and Patto and (to a lesser extent) O'Dowda aren't good enough defensively to cover for one holding player

But excited by the idea of Diedhiou, looks to be Kodjia 2.0

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok. I've been waiting a long time for such a rumour. That'd help me reignite my passion. 

How on earth do people find these articles?

Usually through twitter by seraching 'Bristol city', brings up all the latest tweets with that in them 

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Djuric & Diedhiou together would mean that opposition defenders would have more than their fare share of issues, most teams tend to have one dominant aerial ball winner & one a bit more adept on the floor but if we have two players of 6ft plus who can physically handle themselves & win a header, it will cause opposition defenders more of a problem as they'll struggle to deal with two dominant big lads & Diedhiou certainly seems to have a turn of speed that will offer him another threat.

I'd hope that our previous dealings with Angers may put us in good stead with regards to knowing that they can trust the way we carry out our business & can help to get this deal done.

8 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

But excited by the idea of Diedhiou, looks to be Kodjia 2.0

I bet we ain't popular with the Angers support if we take their main man again? If he's in the same bracket as JK, he'll do for me.

This is more like it! Valued at £3.4M on Transfer market so I would imagine our transfer record is going.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/profil/spieler/237125

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I bet we ain't popular with the Angers support if we take their main man again? If he's in the same bracket as JK, he'll do for me.

This is more like it! Valued at £3.4M on Transfer market so I would imagine our transfer record is going.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/profil/spieler/237125

Maybe we have a nice agreement with them. They obviously done well with JK . Wouldn't be surprised if this is true JK praised us up . Exciting signing. Hopefully 

2 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

This account doesn't usually get things wrong either. Four year deal too!

If true I just hope we have a ridiculously high sell-on clause set as there will undoubtedly be one after the success of the JK deal & any such clause could allow to keep such a player for longer than one year unlike with JK.

Archived