IGNORED

Henbury Gas and the imaginary incident

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well you should know,with all the ad er 'jokes'.I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!  

Except you haven't actually liked the post...! 

21 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So let's get this straight your version is that:

1. Man allegedly makes up something on internet

2. BCFC AND A&S confirm they have no reports of any such incident

3. Man who made original post backtracks and posts removed

4. You have a 1-1 with a mystery BS employee

5. You are pointed in the direction of posts relating to 2

6. You then backtrack slightly

6. You then say that the police and the fans liaison officer maybe lying.

Just thought we should clarify?  

And there it is. :rofl2br:

6 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

No I deal with facts not fantasy...the club official was very guarded and professional, ALL I AM SAYING IS THE CLUB WERE TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY... 

Like a load of old wimmin. :facepalm:

Discussing this with someone outside of Bristol Sport doesn't seem very professional to me.

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Kind way of saying mentally handicapped that.

Funny, really!

The idiot was using a handicapped person in order to embellish an obviously made up story, you use similar to crack a very poor taste joke, I honestly don't know who worse.

21 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

People shouldn't fear retribution for their opinions or views, that's all healthy debate. 

They should be accountable for outright lies that damage a communities/individuals reputation. 

And we know where that got us with your sort of 'accountability'. You have as many on here pre judged this situation, and made comments that could incite an attack on this man, as a pain in the backside he might be, this is getting out of hand, and there could be a  further more serious problems down the line. You say people shouldn't fear retribution for their views, well you should take a leaf out of your own book. you have avoided 'healthy debate' you have been rabble rousing, I could say the same of many on here, but you seem to be the most vocal.

I said we all now where accountability gets us, look at what a mob mentality can do where fact and truths get ignored over the need for 'justice', look at our own City Bristol, Broomhill to be exact. Things can soon escalate out of control, even such a 'minor' incident, and often end up badly, all I am offering is an attempt to stop and think before kicking off.

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

And we know where that got us with your sort of 'accountability'. You have as many on here pre judged this situation, and made comments that could incite an attack on this man, as a pain in the backside he might be, this is getting out of hand, and there could be a  further more serious problems down the line. You say people shouldn't fear retribution for their views, well you should take a leaf out of your own book. you have avoided 'healthy debate' you have been rabble rousing, I could say the same of many on here, but you seem to be the most vocal.

I said we all now where accountability gets us, look at what a mob mentality can do where fact and truths get ignored over the need for 'justice', look at our own City Bristol, Broomhill to be exact. Things can soon escalate out of control, even such a 'minor' incident, and often end up badly, all I am offering is an attempt to stop and think before kicking off.

I'm fully capable of assessing the situation on my own, thank you. 

From your posts, I'd suggest that you'd be one of the last people that I'd take advice from on this, or any other matter. 

I wasn't the one who identified who he was. 

1bristolcity - I think you are completely missing the point on this whole "story". The so called facts have changed from the initial posting from Henbury Gas, it is so obvious it has never even taken place (it wouldn't take place at ANY football ground in the country without other fans/stewards/Police getting involved, and would make headlines nationally I expect). This so called factual event would never change its' facts if it was indeed true - that is a certainty. There has been no reports to anyone regarding this incident at all - confirmed by Adam Baker and indeed our FLO.

Anyone who wants to make up lies on an anonymous forum about anything they want should be made accountable, and if they are actually outed whos fault is it?? This has all stemmed from one idiot trying to get some attention, or at worse even cause aggro between two clubs and its' fans. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm fully capable of assessing the situation on my own, thank you. 

From your posts, I'd suggest that you'd be one of the last people that I'd take advice from on this, or any other matter. 

I wasn't the one who identified who he was. 

Do I detect a bit of back peddling here? What happened to the belligerent cocky Bar...and you typically have ignored the crux of what I posted, about mob mentality, surely you have an opinion on that? 

It wasn't me Sir :sad26:

Mob mentality? The bloke in Broomhill should be a massive lesson of why in the first place the muppet should NEVER have posted what he did on their forum. Whatever the consequences are for his lies are pretty much his own doing - what this has to do with the bloke in Broomhill who had a load of lies made up about him I don't know?

Tthe FACTS are NOTHING has been reported ANYWHERE which has BEEN CONFIRMED. 

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

1bristolcity - I think you are completely missing the point on this whole "story". The so called facts have changed from the initial posting from Henbury Gas, it is so obvious it has never even taken place (it wouldn't take place at ANY football ground in the country without other fans/stewards/Police getting involved, and would make headlines nationally I expect). This so called factual event would never change its' facts if it was indeed true - that is a certainty. There has been no reports to anyone regarding this incident at all - confirmed by Adam Baker and indeed our FLO.

Anyone who wants to make up lies on an anonymous forum about anything they want should be made accountable, and if they are actually outed whos fault is it?? This has all stemmed from one idiot trying to get some attention, or at worse even cause aggro between two clubs and its' fans. 

I can assure you and all others, I was told yesterday the Club were aware of this, and 'Have spoken to the individual concerned' So the story by Henbury Gas is most likely a fabrication, I said that initially, but the potential for a an attack on this individual was a distinct possibility. This needs to be handled in a proper way, and not as I repeat Rabble Rousing'. 

You will be aware that sort of incident would be a gift to certain 'fans' from both sides, personally I think it's a vindictive attack on the club and it's supporters, and the Club should take action, that is why I contacted the Club. 

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Mob mentality? The bloke in Broomhill should be a massive lesson of why in the first place the muppet should NEVER have posted what he did on their forum. Whatever the consequences are for his lies are pretty much his own doing - what this has to do with the bloke in Broomhill who had a load of lies made up about him I don't know?

Tthe FACTS are NOTHING has been reported ANYWHERE which has BEEN CONFIRMED. 

What. The killing of an innocent man should be a lesson to all?  

I quoted Broomill as an example of what can happen when a few people actually believe that someone is guilty, yes a Lynch Mob mentality if you will.

FACTS are that last line is bull shit, the club are aware. It's called spin.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I quoted Broomill as an example of what can happen when a few people actually believe that someone is guilty, yes a Lynch Mob mentality if you will.

What it means is the bloke in Broomhill was killed due to someone spreading lies about him. Now we have some bloke on a forum spreading lies himself for some attention. He has been caught out spreading these pathetic lies (so is guilty), and knowing how people can react he should never have posted them in the first place should he. If someone pays him a visit (which I doubt they will), he only has one person to blame and that is himself.

22 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Do I detect a bit of back peddling here? What happened to the belligerent cocky Bar...and you typically have ignored the crux of what I posted, about mob mentality, surely you have an opinion on that? 

It wasn't me Sir :sad26:

Back peddling..?! You are the one who's been doing that throughout this thread and you are becoming a real bore! 

Youve been messaging me suggesting I tone it down, for the last 2 days and so when I do, I'm "back peddling"..?

Mob mentality..? It comes in many guises. If it's bullying & intimidation then I'm against it. 

I do believe that there is a place for vigilante style action when there is justification, proof and clear identity, yet the law can't/won't do anything about it. 

I don't believe that rapists, paedophiles, trolls, blackmailers etc should be allowed to wreak havoc as they wish, safe in the knowledge that the law can't touch them, if they are careful. 

Does that answer your curious question and insistsnce on a response..? 

Can we leave it there now..? 

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

The club were advised of this issue before you got involved, hence a club official and the police liason officer coming onto this thread.

That isn't spin, its fact.

All you are doing is exacerbating the situation and stirring things up, it would probably have died a death if you hadn't got involved.

I got involved as there were some pretty poor postings on here that were non too coy about offering some sort of retribution  on the bloke, that in my mind would have put City in a worse light that the actual internet dubious claim...the fact that he was id'd and his personal bio was posted up was the start of when things could go wrong! That violates what this forum is about and should have been censored .A couple of other posters voiced similar, but the in the main reason was drowned out.

To blame me just as wrong as the mob mentality on here. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Back peddling..?! You are the one who's been doing that throughout this thread and you are becoming a real bore! 

Youve been messaging me suggesting I tone it down, for the last 2 days and so when I do, I'm "back peddling"..?

Mob mentality..? It comes in many guises. If it's bullying & intimidation then I'm against it. 

I do believe that there is a place for vigilante style action when there is justification, proof and clear identity, yet the law can't/won't do anything about it. 

I don't believe that rapists, paedophiles, trolls, blackmailers etc should be allowed to wreak havoc as they wish, safe in the knowledge that the law can't touch them, if they are careful. 

Does that answer your curious question and insistsnce on a response..? 

Can we leave it there now..? 

To be clear I have not been messaging you, is that another mis truth you need to support you failing stance?

Your fourth sentence tells me all I need to know about you and that I was right to single you out, especially after I highlighted the Broomhill case as an example of mob mentality and officials turning a blind eye.... and now you are bored, so yes leave it there, I have made my points and now you have had enough. 

OK!  I don't blame you..

25 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You are completely contradicting yourself! 

Broomhill - a man (who wasted police time over and over and over again, incidentally. "Boy who cried wolf") was the target of thugs who had made up/believed lies that they'd heard and the outcome was horrific. 

Henbury Gas - a Troll, who made up lies, posted them on a forum behind the anonymity of his keyboard to cause bad feeling and reputational damage to an innocent party. Found out, outed and deserves whatever comes his way as a result of his actions. 

One was an innocent (if not annoying) victim. 

The other, a vindictive spiteful, troll who was out to cause damage to the reputation of another party, based on lies that he had concocted and fed out as truth. 

Just now, cynic said:

I'm not blaming you for anything.

I am saying that this was being investigated before your intervention in contacting the club and that your continued posting on the subject is not helping and, if anything, making the situation worse. 

You have made your point as I and many others have, the difference is that you keep on and on about it prompting others to respond.

Just drop it and it will die a death.

I'm now done with it and out of this part of the thread - can we go back to taking the piss out of our tinpot neighbours again ? This has become extremely boring.

It is pretty obvious that he has to "be right" and everyone else are wrong and needs to have the last word on everything. 

1 minute ago, cynic said:

I'm not blaming you for anything.

I am saying that this was being investigated before your intervention in contacting the club and that your continued posting on the subject is not helping and, if anything, making the situation worse. 

You have made your point as I and many others have, the difference is that you keep on and on about it prompting others to respond.

Just drop it and it will die a death.

I'm now done with it and out of this part of the thread - can we go back to taking the piss out of our tinpot neighbours again ? This has become extremely boring.

Fair enough, you carry on taking the pi$$ out of them, nice change to have a proper beef though, just for a change, so you all get back to the  important stuff.:sub:

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

To be clear I have not been messaging you, is that another mis truth you need to support you failing stance?

Your messages are clearly on view for the whole forum to see, over the last few pages of this thread!! 

Archived