IGNORED

Man City Home Leg Tickets On Sale Now.

Homer Simpson

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not as easy as some think for Bristol Sport simply to refund cost of ticket to make mistake go away.  The company has accepted payments, made in good faith, and sent out confirmations.  Major problem for the company, let alone awful pr.

It's really not, all major consumers will have written into the T&C's that they have the right to cancel transactions. 

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not as easy as some think for Bristol Sport simply to refund cost of ticket to make mistake go away.  The company has accepted payments, made in good faith, and sent out confirmations.  Major problem for the company, let alone awful pr.

Clearly it is, as they've already said exactly that. Could it be that in fact you don’t know everything about everything?

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

I’m putting the coaching staff together at the moment. @BigTone you’re assisting me on this one. I’ll release the full squad tomorrow.

Can someone inform @Robbored  to get his gloves on...he’s cleaning the shitter.

Please, please, please, let Robbored sort the sound system out. If I miss one more call for lunch I'll cry.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement/

Bristol City Football Club has released the following statement.

On Friday evening, for a short period of time, tickets for the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg with Manchester City were incorrectly made available for purchase. 

This was due to a technical error, for which the club would like to apologise. 

Full details of pricing and the sales and priority procedure for both semi-final legs will be announced in the coming days. 

In the meantime, anyone who purchased on Friday evening will have those tickets cancelled, with their money refunded in full.

ENDS

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Lots of us bought games that were happening after the United match to get to the magic 4. It was tickets bought that counted, not matches attended.

Personally I think 8 sets the bar too high. Those of us who aren’t STH have made the decision because we can’t commit the time and/or money. If you’re pushing people to have bought 8 games by January, it’s an unfair pressure because your spend would be approaching season ticket holder levels without actually being one.

Morally I think they should keep it to 4-5 games.

But given you can now purchase games through to the Fulham game and beyond the priority 1 group will have massively swelled in size. I expect the club probably knew how many people would qualify for priority windows due to purchase history and that level was set as it would reach the third priority window, so will have to change the amount of games to accommodate to this. I'm a member who has only attended midweek fixtures (due to commitments on Saturdays at 3pm) and I'm up to 8 games attended and have purchased another 3. The reason 4 was selected for Utd was that so those who attend more regularly got priority. 

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And late on a Friday night before Christmas too. Guess the operation is based abroad somewhere.

Maybe the Christmas party got a bit out of hand?

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Can someone also explain how people are logging in to buy tickets for a game than hasn’t even been put on sale yet, to identify said **** up..?!

They may have been logging in to buy tickets for Reading, Wolves etc in fairness. ..

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You're desperately hoping it's a major problem because you're looking for some validation for your increasingly lonely anti-Bristol Sport stance.

Anyone present on Wednesday evening would have no complaints about the current direction of this club. Unfortunately for you, Bristol Sport is a part of our current success.

3 minutes ago, !james said:

It's really not, all major consumers will have written into the T&C's that they have the right to cancel transactions. 

Well I hope the Club are sensible about this

Ive just had a nice lad from Stockport on the phone , exiled City fan apparently - wanted to treat his brothers and nephews and has bought two whole South Stand Blocks from me 

:grr:

He's going to be very dissapointed

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Stand back everyone. Our resident contract law expert is in the building. Please do not confuse expert opinion with a vendetta.

Actually he’s right, the club put up an entreaty to sell, they did not have to honour this if they refuse.  If confirmations have been sent and money is taken over the next day or so they’re a bit ****** if anyone wants to be a dick about it.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

But given you can now purchase games through to the Fulham game and beyond the priority 1 group will have massively swelled in size. I expect the club probably knew how many people would qualify for priority windows due to purchase history and that level was set as it would reach the third priority window, so will have to change the amount of games to accommodate to this. I'm a member who has only attended midweek fixtures (due to commitments on Saturdays at 3pm) and I'm up to 8 games attended and have purchased another 3. The reason 4 was selected for Utd was that so those who attend more regularly got priority. 

I understand the principle of prioritising those who have attended the most. But if you're saying people needed to have bought 4 tickets for a game in December it's a huge jump to make that 8 for a game in January.

Most members will not have attended 8 games by then. If you have bought 11 tickets this season then you could have bought a season ticket for about the same money. It's unfair to put too much pressure on people who have elected not to buy a season ticket, to effectively have spent the same amount of money as someone who has. 5 games would be a more reasonable expectation.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

PS - before tickets went on sale to members for the United game, you could buy up to the Norwich match. So only 3 further matches are currently on sale. Hence why setting the bar at 8 games is unfairly high.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I understand the principle of prioritising those who have attended the most. But if you're saying people needed to have bought 4 tickets for a game in December it's a huge jump to make that 8 for a game in January.

Most members will not have attended 8 games by then. If you have bought 11 tickets this season then you could have bought a season ticket for about the same money. It's unfair to put too much pressure on people who have elected not to buy a season ticket, to effectively have spent the same amount of money as someone who has. 5 games would be a more reasonable expectation.

By the time you can buy tickets we could be looking at tickets as far forward as March being available to purchase. There will be multiple priority stages again so why not allow those who have purchased a significant amount of games to be priority one? If you keep it at 5 you don't have to have purchased another ticket after the Utd game until March to get priority to the Manchester City game, remember you don't have to have attended the game yet. So the games purchased amount needs to be increased to maintain priority groups. 

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Stand back everyone. Our resident contract law expert is in the building. Please do not confuse expert opinion with a vendetta.

I find your comment awfully rude.  You know nothing about my professional qualifications. Challenge my interpretation of the law as much as you like but do not descend to personal abuse. Thanks

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

PS - before tickets went on sale to members for the United game, you could buy up to the Norwich match. So only 3 further matches are currently on sale. Hence why setting the bar at 8 games is unfairly high.

But my point is other matches are likely to be put online over the coming couple of weeks, so it won't be just 3 extra games.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

By the time you can buy tickets we could be looking at tickets as far forward as March being available to purchase. There will be multiple priority stages again so why not allow those who have purchased a significant amount of games to be priority one? If you keep it at 5 you don't have to have purchased another ticket after the Utd game until March to get priority to the Manchester City game, remember you don't have to have attended the game yet. So the games purchased amount needs to be increased to maintain priority groups. 

I understand the principle of priority. I disagree with the morals of putting pressure on members to have bought 8 games by March. Including the Manchester City ticket itself that's 9 games. I think it's too many, especially with the outlay coming so soon after Christmas.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

But my point is other matches are likely to be put online over the coming couple of weeks, so it won't be just 3 extra games.

Put it another way. I'm at five games now and was in the first priority group for the United game. To maintain the same priority for the City game happening just a month later, I have to commit to buy four more matches (including the City game itself) at a cost of something like £120?

Sorry, can't agree with that.

46 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

And some of you think Bristol Sport is good for City.

In over a century did our club ever make such a gross and elementary error? No

City may be Premiership ready but clearly Bristol Sport isn't

Sort it Lansdown

P1ss off back to your burrow Ivor.

You haven't been on here for ages cuz you've had **** all to moan about.

Of course you've never made a mistake have you???

Miserable barsteward!!!

:facepalm:

I've run out of reactions for the day, so would like to state the following:

47 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

And some of you think Bristol Sport is good for City.

In over a century did our club ever make such a gross and elementary error? No

City may be Premiership ready but clearly Bristol Sport isn't

Sort it Lansdown

This is rubbish.

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Oh here he is. Nothing to moan about for months. One mistake and he’s down their throats . What a prize bellend 

I like this. A lot.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Put it another way. I'm at five games now and was in the first priority group for the United game. To maintain the same priority for the City game happening just a month later, I have to commit to buy four more matches (including the City game itself) at a cost of something like £120?

Sorry, can't agree with that.

But for say 6 games, you only have to purchase one game from now until presumably will be the end of March (likely March's tickets will be available soon) to qualify for priority 1 which doesn't seem right, I think its likely a lot of people will be buying more tickets in the attempt of getting a Man City ticket and leaving the number low would see priority 1 massively swelled given now for league games there are only 1000 or so tickets available in the lower tier, so at 5 or 6 games there may not be enough tickets available for everyone in that priority one.  

32 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Oh look at that, they have.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement/

1 minute ago, hodge said:

But for say 6 games, you only have to purchase one game from now until presumably will be the end of March (likely March's tickets will be available soon) to qualify for priority 1 which doesn't seem right, I think its likely a lot of people will be buying more tickets in the attempt of getting a Man City ticket and leaving the number low would see priority 1 massively swelled given now for league games there are only 1000 or so tickets available in the lower tier, so at 5 or 6 games there may not be enough tickets available for everyone in that priority one.  

We sold 800 odd tickets for the United game to people who hadn't been to any games at all and a sizeable number to people who'd only been to one. It's not going to sell out to the first priority group if you set the bar at 6 games. It might be a bigger group than last time, but that's fine. It means everyone gets a ticket and the bar isn't set unfairly high.

Archived