IGNORED

Man City Home Leg Tickets On Sale Now.

Homer Simpson

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Funnily enough no I didn’t have the money to buy 6 tickets. Got enough to by my own!

Could go on about having had a season ticket for 25 years and the one season I didn’t due to family/finances just so happens to be the one where we are having a ridiculously good season. So I wouldn’t ever feel bad about getting a ticket. No one would actually care about that though would they...

Sorry, I thought you’d said you just bought 6 tickets. 

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So if you’ve bought someone’s season card seat and the club had to honour it you’d be comfortable with that would you ? 

I appreciate this situations a bit different but I kinda don't get the whole argument about someones season card seat, you buy your seat for league games the cup games aren't included in the cost, you get priority access to a seat in the ground. Am I right in thinking there would be nothing to stop say a South Stand season ticket holder buying a seat in the Lansdown if they fancied a change being in the same priority window? 

Edit - Been corrected that ST holders get their seat reserved. 

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Funnily enough no I didn’t have the money to buy 6 tickets. Got enough to by my own!

Could go on about having had a season ticket for 25 years and the one season I didn’t due to family/finances just so happens to be the one where we are having a ridiculously good season. So I wouldn’t ever feel bad about getting a ticket. No one would actually care about that though would they...

I’d assume you’d still be a member who qualified for s ticket anyway then. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I appreciate this situations a bit different but I kinda don't get the whole argument about someones season card seat, you buy your seat for league games the cup games aren't included in the cost, you get priority access to a seat in the ground. Am I right in thinking there would be nothing to stop say a South Stand season ticket holder buying a seat in the Lansdown if they fancied a change being in the same priority window? 

Not during first priority they couldn’t. No. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

I would expect the required amount of games to go up to about 8, we'll have had plenty of games since tickets were on sale for this and keeping it so low would massively open up the amount of people who fit into each priority category. 

Lots of us bought games that were happening after the United match to get to the magic 4. It was tickets bought that counted, not matches attended.

Personally I think 8 sets the bar too high. Those of us who aren’t STH have made the decision because we can’t commit the time and/or money. If you’re pushing people to have bought 8 games by January, it’s an unfair pressure because your spend would be approaching season ticket holder levels without actually being one.

Morally I think they should keep it to 4-5 games.

Just now, hodge said:

That’s not the point is it. I sit around people I’ve known for years and like sitting there. If Ivan thinks it’s ok to possibly buy someone’s reserved seat then that says a lot about him as a bloke and I’d break the swear filter explaining what I think rather selfish people like that 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

The club rewards season ticket holders by reserving THEIR seat for cup games. You can't just go and steal someone else's.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Lots of us bought games that were happening after the United match to get to the magic 4. It was tickets bought that counted, not matches attended.

Personally I think 8 sets the bar too high. Those of us who aren’t STH have made the decision because we can’t commit the time and/or money. If you’re pushing people to have bought 8 games by January, it’s an unfair pressure because your spend would be approaching season ticket holder levels without actually being one.

Morally I think they should keep it to 4-5 games.

An increase to 5 or maybe 6 would be indestandable. 8 would be be OTT, although I’m sure it was just used as a random example. 

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

The club rewards season ticket holders by reserving THEIR seat for cup games. You can't just go and steal someone else's.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s not the point is it. I sit around people I’ve known for years and like sitting there. If Ivan thinks it’s ok to possibly buy someone’s reserved seat then that says a lot about him as a bloke and I’d break the swear filter explaining what I think rather selfish people like that 

Said above, didn't appreciate season tickets holders had their seats reserved for cup games, assumed (wrongly) everyone just had priority access so would usually choose their seats.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can anyone who works in IT or something explain how these epic **** ups happen? 

How can you 'accidently' put 26,000 tickets on sale for a football match when details haven't even been released?

And late on a Friday night before Christmas too. Guess the operation is based abroad somewhere.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How can you 'accidently' put 26,000 tickets on sale for a football match when details haven't even been released?

Can someone also explain how people are logging in to buy tickets for a game than hasn’t even been put on sale yet, to identify said **** up..?!

Said above, didn't appreciate season tickets holders had their seats reserved for cup games, assumed (wrongly) everyone just had priority access so would usually choose their seats.

STH seats are guaranteed for an initial period of sales. 

Yeah , normally reserved until the next category is released . In the Man U case was a week to take up your reserved seat. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

IT person here.

I would fully expect this has been promoted to 'live' by a human in error.

Club response:

On Friday evening, for a short period of time, tickets for the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg with Manchester City were incorrectly made available for purchase. 

This was due to a technical error, for which the club would like to apologise. 

Full details of pricing and the sales and priority procedure for both semi-final legs will be announced in the coming days. 

In the meantime, anyone who purchased on Friday evening will have those tickets cancelled, with their money refunded in full.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not as easy as some think for Bristol Sport simply to refund cost of ticket to make mistake go away.  The company has accepted payments, made in good faith, and sent out confirmations.  Major problem for the company, let alone awful practices own goal.

Not really. An honest mistake. Nobody without priority should have a problem with that. 

24 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Any chance of a game mate? I did tip you off for the ticket. If you wedge me between the posts they'll never score. But I will need my own coach to get home.:yawn:

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can I be ball boy?

I’m putting the coaching staff together at the moment. @BigTone you’re assisting me on this one. I’ll release the full squad tomorrow.

Can someone inform @Robbored  to get his gloves on...he’s cleaning the shitter.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not as easy as some think for Bristol Sport simply to refund cost of ticket to make mistake go away.  The company has accepted payments, made in good faith, and sent out confirmations.  Major problem for the company, let alone awful pr.

Pretty easy. Confirm the mistake, apologise, refund, explain correct sales process.

Fair to assume the club have enough positive PR at the moment to ride it out. 

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Club response:

On Friday evening, for a short period of time, tickets for the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg with Manchester City were incorrectly made available for purchase. 

This was due to a technical error, for which the club would like to apologise. 

Full details of pricing and the sales and priority procedure for both semi-final legs will be announced in the coming days. 

In the meantime, anyone who purchased on Friday evening will have those tickets cancelled, with their money refunded in full.

Good! 

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not as easy as some think for Bristol Sport simply to refund cost of ticket to make mistake go away.  The company has accepted payments, made in good faith, and sent out confirmations.  Major problem for the company, let alone awful pr.

Stand back everyone. Our resident contract law expert is in the building. Please do not confuse expert opinion with a vendetta.

Archived