IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

13 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I have been monitoring the forums and continually feeding in fan thoughts and feelings back into the club. As it stands there is no news to update you with. 

I will be at Burton tomorrow, travelling up on coach 2 from the stadium. If anyone would like to come and talk to me in person then please come and say hello. I am also at the Senior Reds lunch on Thursday where I will be talking about my role and answering questions. 

Matt 

Coach 2 . Who have you upset 

41 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

One word. Pembogate.

A simple PR tactic of "if we ignore them, they'll go away". After ignoring us for hours on end, even though we all knew @AdamB was reading the thread, a statement was released re Pembo. Took ages though.

I'll expect a statement on this fiasco will go through at silly o'clock on Monday morning, basically saying we can't do anything blah blah blah or wait til the loyalty scheme comes in, it'll be worth it blah blah blah...

I posted the thread about Pembo leaving early Monday morning and the club announced he had departed on Tuesday at around 6pm just before a home game against Norwich City. They know how to play the PR game when it suits them....cunning, or so they think.

16 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Did anything ever come of that DM to the guy on twitter about the Gif @Davefevs?

If it gets made they would absolutely hate it. Imagine that being posted automatically below any tweet from @bcfctweets - a similar sort of thing to opponents posting below Donald Trump’s tweets and getting lots of RTs. The press would definitely pick up on it - internet guerrilla warfare. 

Unfortunately he hasn’t got access to his computer at the mo.

On 08/03/2018 at 11:01, Harry said:

I’ve come to the decision that I’m not going to renew. 

My ticket in the South Stand has not changed in price but this whole episode has made me feel a lot more disenfranchised from the club to the extent that I’m not sure I want to be part of it any more. Treating disabled, elderly & children in this way is simply despicable and I’m very angry with the club over this. They just don’t get it, and I guess they never will. 

Whilst on the pitch we’ve had a great season, I can’t say the same for off the pitch. My matchday experience has been regularly soured by the way we in the South Stand corner have been treated. I don’t particularly enjoy being surrounded by police and being stared at and filmed for 90 minutes whilst I am innocently trying to enjoy a football match. I don’t appreciate the fact that I always used to stand outside the Spanish bar with a beer but the police clamped down on that and don’t allow drinking outside on the pavement before the match. I don’t enjoy having to drive in from 20 miles away and having little parking options because the club & council can’t get their arses in gear to arrange a proper use of the pretty much empty park and ride facility 5 minutes walk away. It takes me an hour sometimes to get to Ashton and then another half hour finding somewhere to park. It’s frustrating and impinges on my matchday experience, particularly when there is a simple solution just over the road! 

Above all, I despise the way the club are treating our fans of the future and the more vulnerable / less well-off of our fanbase. It’s disgusting. 

As I said before, my ticket would be the same price, but to me that’s not important. I would have happily paid another 10% on my ticket if it meant the club didn’t rip off families who don’t want to be split up. 

They just don’t get it. I’ve got a 4 year old daughter who will now enjoy spending some more time with Daddy on a Saturday afternoon. I’ll still attend occasionally, but if the club think they’re having season ticket money from me in the next 2 weeks plus drinks money for 23 games per season, they can blow. 

Yes, the product being served is better than it’s been in many a year, but the customer experience is sour and the treatment of loyal supporters, kids, elderly & disabled is shocking. I’m out. 

I'm outta LIKES - so here's my like.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember a £30 season ticket for kids at one point- this would have been a while ago though so that's just how it is...

At the current time though, a 98% rise, (believe one of them was £50 to £99, in the Dolman)? That's exorbitant- well it is and isn't because it's from a very low base, but despite an improving economy times are not too good in a variety of ways for cash etc...

Let's compare and contrast some prices- admittedly these are notable because they are in an article and other clubs maybe better or worse but...

• At Forest, it will cost £10 for a 4-11 year old's season ticket, £50 for 12-17 year olds and £100 for 18-23 year olds.
  • At Millwall- "saver period" season ticket prices? Start at £99 for under-18's and £149 for 18-21 if purchased before April 4th. This saver period incidentally is a 25% reduction in price.
  • At Cardiff, 16-21 start at £99.
  • At Reading, 18-24 begin at £120.

Forest's is the most eye-catching and it's worth pointing out that the other 3 clubs, though they may have those cheap offers, may also have expensive tickets elsewhere. However there seems to be on the face of it a decent range there, for younger supporters.

This doesn’t tell us they are offering those seats in prime areas.

I still think the club should just be honest, honour those that sit there now with reasonable prices, but no offer new concessions in prime areas, surely that would satisfy most supporters.

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I have been monitoring the forums and continually feeding in fan thoughts and feelings back into the club. As it stands there is no news to update you with. 

I will be at Burton tomorrow, travelling up on coach 2 from the stadium. If anyone would like to come and talk to me in person then please come and say hello. I am also at the Senior Reds lunch on Thursday where I will be talking about my role and answering questions. 

Matt 

Thanks Matt for posting the above. I would have given you a 'like' but I got this message "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today." Weird, I thought I had only done two likes today!

Give my regards to Coach 2. I used to be on it up to the mid 80s. If it is still the Z Cars coach, it's over 30 years old. Getting VHS films for the 12" portable TV must be difficult!

17 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Nothing wrong with a Clark's pie. One of the joys of going to football

I asked the bloke why don't they sell them in the ground and he said they asked the club if they could but were turned down. Crazy, best pies in the world!

I think, we’re now at the point here, where in view of time elapsed the things to play for have reduced.

Tickets have now been on sale for five days. There will be South standers who have renewed at the current price. The club can’t go and ask them for more money now, so it says to me in order to meet income targets, then they will have to keep to some of the increases. So, regrettably, as a Dolman central, and the least emotive/controversial group, my ticket is going up by £70. I’m not saying it’s right or fair, but in view of the fact the club have blown it by already selling and they now can’t renege in SS prices, there is no way that will move - it is what it is.

I have also said I think the kids prices, while a large percentage increase, do represent very good vfm. Handled badly but £100 for an U12 is excellent, and ignoring Forest, I’m not sure it’s markedly out of kilter. When you take off the retail shirt cost, it’s about £3 a game. Could it and should it have been a lower increase? Yep. But the club have made their move here by revising the Williams prices. So again, I see no way that will move further - and inherently (waits for snakes), I don’t think the pricing of juveniles is wrong.

That leaves really three issues - OAP, disabled and sales period. The latter will move - the clubs accounts run May-May and as long as ST monies are on book in good time to be in this years accounts, then it’s the main thing. Add in the ill feeling over the short deadline and the assumedly poor sales resulting, and I think it’s a given.

So, really, we’re playing for OAP and disabled movement on tickets at this stage. Question is twofold - is movement on those enough to satisfy the bad feeling, and what would that movement be?

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt 

Thanks Matt. 

Avoiding expletives, you can tell the club fuhrer et al that their actions are as transparent  as a pane of glass. 

We aren't stupid. We know exactly what they're doing to our club. SL and MA deserve huge criticism for the cynical way in which they are imposing their vision. 

Some things, out of principle, are just plain wrong when you start shafting others. 

SLs actions are not a symptom of all that's bad about football (money). They're contributing to the cause. 

Unless SL changes his approach, I hope this becomes his legacy. 

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, really, we’re playing for OAP and disabled movement on tickets at this stage. Question is twofold - is movement on those enough to satisfy the bad feeling, and what would that movement be?

The football club have to show some contrition irrespective of the actual outcome and they have to commit to meaningful and continued consultation with the fans; on the loyalty scheme now and 2019/20 ST timings and prices towards the end of next season. They have to try and rescue themselves somehow. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The football club have to show some contrition irrespective of the actual outcome and they have to commit to meaningful and continued consultation with the fans; on the loyalty scheme now and 2019/20 ST timings and prices towards the end of next season. They have to try and rescue themselves somehow. 

Easiest way of them doing that is by putting their hands up and saying 'we got it wrong, we need to increase revenue and we thought our proposal wouldn't cause this reaction; we will sit down with support groups to go over a range of options, but please remember we need to try and maintain a competitive budget'.

Depends of MA has a skin thick enough to admit a mistake.

On 07/03/2018 at 22:42, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not sure that 0.5% of season ticket holders (people who can make it to Ashton gate on a regular basis) turning up, will really make them react too dramatically. 

Very poor turn out, considering the uproar on here. Imo. 

75 people turned up?:clapping:Proves exactly that the people on these forums DO NOT speak for the majority of fans.  

How people are moaning at £99 for an u12 (£4 A GAME!!!) or £150 for u19 (£7 A GAME!!!) is beyond me.

Im sure those people who chose not to renew there seats, will be replaced anyway by other fans that have been gained after this successful season. 

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think, we’re now at the point here, where in view of time elapsed the things to play for have reduced.

Tickets have now been on sale for five days. There will be South standers who have renewed at the current price. The club can’t go and ask them for more money now, so it says to me in order to meet income targets, then they will have to keep to some of the increases. So, regrettably, as a Dolman central, and the least emotive/controversial group, my ticket is going up by £70. I’m not saying it’s right or fair, but in view of the fact the club have blown it by already selling and they now can’t renege in SS prices, there is no way that will move - it is what it is.

I have also said I think the kids prices, while a large percentage increase, do represent very good vfm. Handled badly but £100 for an U12 is excellent, and ignoring Forest, I’m not sure it’s markedly out of kilter. When you take off the retail shirt cost, it’s about £3 a game. Could it and should it have been a lower increase? Yep. But the club have made their move here by revising the Williams prices. So again, I see no way that will move further - and inherently (waits for snakes), I don’t think the pricing of juveniles is wrong.

That leaves really three issues - OAP, disabled and sales period. The latter will move - the clubs accounts run May-May and as long as ST monies are on book in good time to be in this years accounts, then it’s the main thing. Add in the ill feeling over the short deadline and the assumedly poor sales resulting, and I think it’s a given.

I think the attitude of club officials, especially MA, at the meeting on Wednesday, actually made the situation worse.

It was supposed to help but didn't. Once again the club didn't take the opportunity to take supporters with them. Instead it was no more than a tick box exercise. They looked pissed off actually having to be there.

It is correct to admit mistakes as MA did, but to admit a mistake and then do bugger all about it is shocking. 

Two days on, two more days of sales and nothing.

On Wednesday, a commitment to phase elderly and disabled ticket increases over a number of years plus a longer renewal time may well have put a lot of this to bed but due to the lack of any movement I doubt if this will now be the case.

The time to act was yesterday, sort it out NOW before some supporters walk away and never come back.

38 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

75 people turned up?:clapping:Proves exactly that the people on these forums DO NOT speak for the majority of fans.  

How people are moaning at £99 for an u12 (£4 A GAME!!!) or £150 for u19 (£7 A GAME!!!) is beyond me.

Im sure those people who chose not to renew there seats, will be replaced anyway by other fans that have been gained after this successful season. 

Another one who doesn't understand the reasons why people are upset and disappointed with the club. 

36 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

£99 for a u12 isn't cheap when the adult season ticket that goes with it is £499!  Which is £21 a game plus £4 a game for the kids.

I'm ' moaning ' because of £170 extra for my ticket and kids ticket isn't good value for money. 

I sit in central dolman where quite simply the leg room is shocking and it's not justified to put the price up when you can't sit comfortably and take 10 minutes to get out the stand!!

44 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Sag alert.

Or just a moron. Bore off.

1 hour ago, Head&Shoulders said:

75 people not including staff from BS - in a room that holds 100. Any others wouldn't have been able to get in anyway.

Take a look at Notts Forest prices. £10 for under 12s and £50 for under 18s. Then talk about value. 

I think the majority of people on here are angered at the blatant discrimination towards children, the disabled, pensioners and persons on a low income most of which have been priced out of watching. Plus, those that can just about afford it, are being priced out of areas that they've sat in for donkeys. They know the view and the people around them.

But hey ho, @Head&Shoulders is all good. They can afford it, obviously aren't disabled or elderly and/or have a couple of kids tagging along.

Someone call the SCAT and tell them to call off the statements and meetings because a bottle of shampoo says new fans will come along...

Expletive removed, attack the post not the poster

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Take a look at Notts Forest prices. £10 for under 12s and £50 for under 18s. Then talk about value. 

Does that include the prime areas of the ground, is it in specific areas - without that info it’s impossible to make a comparison, or to tell if they are already doing what City are obviously trying to do.

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Does that include the prime areas of the ground, is it in specific areas - without that info it’s impossible to make a comparison, or to tell if they are already doing what City are obviously trying to do.

I believe that's all areas except corporate and away stand.

Edit: Actually applies everywhere although some age restrictions apply in some areas. https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/february/forest-announce-2018-19-season-card-prices/

1 hour ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Head and Shoulders in the sand! 

Archived