IGNORED

Small Town In Asia

the frampton balti

i just loue that chant simply because it implies that being asian is a negatiue thing !

i really liked the chorus of engerland engerland because it really makes a point of people of asian origin not being really english.

All the city chants because it really got leicester confused about who was city.

now i know there wasnt really much to sing about but .....giue me strength!

ps i know this subject has been exhausted . i just think that more people would uociferously support the team if the chants were a bit less moronic!

i just loue that chant simply because it implies that being asian is a negatiue thing !

i really liked the chorus of engerland engerland because it really makes a point of people of asian origin not being really english.

All the city chants because it really got leicester confused about who was city.

now i know there wasnt really much to sing about but .....giue me strength!

ps i know this subject has been exhausted . i just think that more people would uociferously support the team if the chants were a bit less moronic!

Seriously? If your going to have a rant about people being morons ..........

Here we go......... Grow a pair and brush that massive chip off of your shoulder. We get called a small town from Wales all the time, do you see us crying... no.

It's called BANTER

Sorry, I'll bite.

Is it 'banter' though? With casually racist undertones? I'm not one of the thought police but you've got to question the point in singing these songs. Are we dismissing the Asian community as not part of England, then?

'You're not famous anymore' 'Leicester's a shithole, I wanna go home' (appropriate too) might be decent 'banter' - the songs in the original post aren't just banter, imo.

Sorry, I'll bite.

Is it 'banter' though? With casually racist undertones? I'm not one of the thought police but you've got to question the point in singing these songs. Are we dismissing the Asian community as not part of England, then?

'You're not famous anymore' 'Leicester's a shithole, I wanna go home' (appropriate too) might be decent 'banter' - the songs in the original post aren't just banter, imo.

Why non of these threads for "small town in Wales" then? Surely thats racist too? Nobody actually means it, but again lets all get offended on behalf of others. We can have banter about anything, ooooh, but lets not have banter about race. The difference is if it was actually meant in a hatred way then fair enough, but for **** sake.... Doyou honestly feel that this was a "rasist attack". Stop being so bloody soft.

Why non of these threads for "small town in Wales" then? Surely thats racist too? Nobody actually means it, but again lets all get offended on behalf of others. We can have banter about anything, ooooh, but lets not have banter about race. The difference is if it was actually meant in a hatred way then fair enough, but for **** sake.... Doyou honestly feel that this was a "rasist attack". Stop being so bloody soft.

Not a racist attack, ignorance though.

We get called a small town in Wales, hardly offensive. But what is the significance of singing about Leicester being 'full of Asians' or 'smelling of curry'?

1. Welsh people aren't a different race to English

2. Banter about race vannot be permissable due to the wooly nature of the term 'banter'

3. If you don't see Asian people as being worse than English then why think of singing it in the first place?

Not a racist attack, ignorance though.

We get called a small town in Wales, hardly offensive. But what is the significance of singing about Leicester being 'full of Asians' or 'smelling of curry'?

Leicester is full of Asians though. Are facts now racist?

Why isn't being called a small town in Wales offensive? Its exactly the same isn't it? So talking the mick of of asians is racist but taking the mick out the the Welsh isn't. So you're exempt from banter then just because of the colour of your skin.

S

Why isn't being called a small town in Wales offensive? Its exactly the same isn't it? So talking the mick of of asians is racist but taking the mick out the the Welsh isn't. So you're exempt from banter then just because of the colour of your skin.

S

Banter = an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

Do you consider the Small town in Asia chants banter ?

Banter = an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

Do you consider the Small town in Asia chants banter ?

Yes as its "an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery"

Why is their something wrong with Asia?

P.s look at my picture, I'm half Asian!!!!

S

No it's not the same....we live in the UK, where political correctness has gone mad. We are so scared in this country if being deemed racist....people are even scared to call someone "black" nowadays...

The whole John Terry/Anton Ferdinand....prime example. The FA only did what they did as they were Shi@ting themselves about being deemed racist. It was a nothing incident, that one or two blew up into a massive incident.

This country makes me laugh. The only thing that offends me about the "small town in Asia" chant is its crap

1. Welsh people aren't a different race to English

2. Banter about race vannot be permissable due to the wooly nature of the term 'banter'

3. If you don't see Asian people as being worse than English then why think of singing it in the first place?

Welsh are Celtic, I am not Celtic.

I find small town in Wales offensive and racist.

You do not have to be another skin colour to be a difference race.

Yes as its "an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery"

So what was the light playful exchange from the Leicester fans ?

S

Leicester does indeed have a large % of Asians. That is a fact. There are many other facts about Leicester too.

Also, I was of the opinion that the chant about being a 'small town in Wales' wasn't an attempt to take the mick out of the Welsh but purely an attempt to mock or belittle Bristolians. (without necessarily being disparaging to Welsh people) i.e. Banter. I may be wrong though.

Leicester does indeed have a large % of Asians. That is a fact. There are many other facts about Leicester too.

Also, I was of the opinion that the chant about being a 'small town in Wales' wasn't an attempt to take the mick out of the Welsh but purely an attempt to mock or belittle Bristolians. (without necessarily being disparaging to Welsh people) i.e. Banter. I may be wrong though.

How can one chant be different to the other?

It's like saying, your white so you can't chant that as its racist.

If your white and want to abuse other white people, even if they are not the same race, thats fine.

Ok, let me put it a different way. Do you believe every City fan singing that song saw it as simply good-natured teasing? Or do they actually see being Asian as being something negative?

Badger, I'm not accusing you of using it as something racist, as I'm sure you aren't. But are you sure some of the others singing it actually meant it as a bit more than playful banter? That's my point, and that's why I won't sing it.

How can one chant be different to the other?

It's like saying, your white so you can't chant that as its racist.

If your white and want to abuse other white people, even if they are not the same race, thats fine.

Slighting someone for being a different skin colour is worse than slighting them for living in a principality. If you cannot see the difference then you are either misguided or ignorant. Either way, there is no point in entering discussion or debate with you as, in my experience, people with your outlook rarely see the light.

Slighting someone for being a different skin colour is worse than slighting them for living in a principality. If you cannot see the difference then you are either misguided or ignorant. Either way, there is no point in entering discussion or debate with you as, in my experience, people with your outlook rarely see the light.

Can you please explain, why, a small town in Wales is not racist?

Would fans singing "Your just a small town in poland", to a city with a large polish community be racist? Or is that acceptable aswell?

I think a small town in asia is bad, but how you and others can say, a small town in wales, is just hypocritical.

Archived