IGNORED

Small Town In Asia

the frampton balti

Please! Who's scared to call someone black?

There's a bit of a difference between calling someone black, and calling them a "******g black ****". John Terry may be thick enough not to undertsand the difference, but most people do.

I don't believe for one second he shouted it in that way....he had two other black players around him at that time, and not one flinched. So jump off the bandwagon

I don't believe for one second he shouted it in that way....he had two other black players around him at that time, and not one flinched. So jump off the bandwagon

I suggest you go to the FA website and read the report into JT & AF, it's very enlightning.

I suggest you go to the FA website and read the report into JT & AF, it's very enlightning.

Without trawling through shed loads of crap...what's your point?

I still say that when Terry said "**** off ! F*cking black ****" he had already been accused of saying that....and when he said it, he was scoffing at the idea and then insulting the player back. I would have done exactly the same...."****ing black ****???? you kn*b head"

I don't like Terry....nor Cole....but I don't feel that this was a racist incident

My blood is boiling after reading the original comment.

My wife is Britsh Asain, she was born in Trowbridge in Wiltshire and everything about her is completely English apart from her skin colour.

She's been to a few city games with me over the years and never had any negative comments aimed at her. If she had heard this chant she would have been more than a bit embarrassed.

The whole thing just seems completely unnecessary.

Proud to be a 'Brit'. Assume those politically correct people would be seriously offended by that term - or perhaps not, because they've been programmed only to have concerns for non-natives.

Native Welsh are of different origins to us - I should be upset by 'small town in Wales'. Doesn't worry me in the slightest (most Welsh are sound anyhows). Personally would be more offended by any reference to us being linked to Cockernees, Scousers or Gas.

i just loue that chant simply because it implies that being asian is a negatiue thing !

i really liked the chorus of engerland engerland because it really makes a point of people of asian origin not being really english.

All the city chants because it really got leicester confused about who was city.

now i know there wasnt really much to sing about but .....giue me strength!

ps i know this subject has been exhausted . i just think that more people would uociferously support the team if the chants were a bit less moronic!

Here we go again.The PC brigade are back.

I remember way back in the late 60's/early 70's we played I believe Blackburn Rovers at home and there had been a recent TV documentary stating that Blackburn had worst record in the country of people defaulting on their rent and the chant went up from the East End 'go home and pay your rent', now i'm sure not every traveling fan was a rent defaulter as I am also sure that the East Enders chant was also not a slur on the socio economic or the socio cultural difference between the north and the south and I am further sure that the northern fans didn't see it that way either, I believe they took it as banter.

I hope this helps.

Without trawling through shed loads of crap...what's your point?

I still say that when Terry said "**** off ! F*cking black ****" he had already been accused of saying that....and when he said it, he was scoffing at the idea and then insulting the player back. I would have done exactly the same...."****ing black ****???? you kn*b head"

I don't like Terry....nor Cole....but I don't feel that this was a racist incident

First of all it's not a pile of crap, secondly Terry and Cole are telling porkies. It's well worth a read I tell ya.

I remember way back in the late 60's/early 70's we played I believe Blackburn Rovers at home and there had been a recent TV documentary stating that Blackburn had worst record in the country of people defaulting on their rent and the chant went up from the East End 'go home and pay your rent', now i'm sure not every traveling fan was a rent defaulter as I am also sure that the East Enders chant was also not a slur on the socio economic or the socio cultural difference between the north and the south and I am further sure that the northern fans didn't see it that way either, I believe they took it as banter.

I hope this helps.

You got no chance talking like that on this forum, common sense, honesty,and truth. crash and burn, great post by a country mile, respect Mr. Bung, long may you and a few others enhance this forum with wisdom and of course...common sense

My blood is boiling after reading the original comment.

My wife is Britsh Asain, she was born in Trowbridge in Wiltshire and everything about her is completely English apart from her skin colour.

She's been to a few city games with me over the years and never had any negative comments aimed at her. If she had heard this chant she would have been more than a bit embarrassed.

The whole thing just seems completely unnecessary.

Interesting quote

"Everything about her is completely English apart from her skin colour" !!!!

So what colour is english skin?

First of all it's not a pile of crap, secondly Terry and Cole are telling porkies. It's well worth a read I tell ya.

So if he shouted that in a way that was meant to be racist....why did Obi Mikel or Cole....react. When I say react....I mean even a look back at him as if to say "easy mate....whats all that about".

I wonder if Rios case will drag on like this....or is his comments not deemed as bad?

So if he shouted that in a way that was meant to be racist....why did Obi Mikel or Cole....react. When I say react....I mean even a look back at him as if to say "easy mate....whats all that about".

I wonder if Rios case will drag on like this....or is his comments not deemed as bad?

How is someone on this forum supposed to know why they didnt react? Is that your only reason for thinking he didnt say anything racist?

Which Rio comments are you referring to? I dont recall him making any.

Isn't the 'small town in Asia' chant in relation to their being owned by a rich Asian chap? I can see how it might be misconstrued, but even if it is I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it racist

PS The Welsh are not a separate race and they're certainly not 'Celtic' the idea of a Celtic race was dreamt up by the Victorians. Most of the Welsh, especially those from coastal areas, are actually descended from the English merchants, tradesmen, servants and soldiers who manned the castles and walled towns following the subjugation of Wales during the early middle ages

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/2222

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_people

There is some more reading to do here. However you look at it, being welsh, english, scottish. We are just a mixed up bunch.

Don't find the songs mentioned in the thread racist, but can understand why more sensitive and sanctimonious types on this board do. Personally construe it as banter, and i find it very hard to believe anyone from Leicester or from Asia would find it offensive. John Terry on the other hand is a racist pillock and deserves to be put out to pasture following the recent findings. Two very different scenarios.

'Proud to be a 'Brit'. Assume those politically correct people would be seriously offended by that term - or perhaps not, because they've been programmed only to have concerns for non-natives.'

NON NATIVES!! So only whites are native Britains are they? I know a few black and Asian people who are native Bristolians, about 90% if you look at the stats. Leicester asian are 90% native too. I guess facts are just too PC for you

Imagine a scenario where John Terry called Ferdinand a "effing ****".

Thats an adjective followed by a noun, the latter of which being a subjective noun, ie Terry's opinion only.

In that scenario, there would have been no further action because its what happens on the football pitch on a regular basis.

Terry allegedly used the above phrase, but preceded it with a factual noun. Which apparently made it racist.

So its not a crime, or at least not a crime which anyone is particularly bothered about, to insult somebody using a term which is open to challenge based on facts and opinions, but it is a crime to accurately describe a physical feature of a person.

That seems to me to follow no logic whatever.

The obvious inference to that 'factual noun' is that being black is a negative and makes the level of *****-ness that Terry feels Ferdinand was even more extensive.

Why the fact someone has a different colour skin requires pointing out in any situation (barring describing someone you don't know) is beyond me. We are all exactly the same, deal with it.

What I love about Britain is people get offended by this sort of nonsense, yet every single day in the UK there is religious, anti female and homophobic intolerance celebrated in most houses of worship everywhere in the UK on daily basis and twice on sunday and nobody gives a shit.

The Church will be gone within a generation. I know maybe two practising Christians of my generation in Weston... Their powers if brainwashing are much less dangerous to society than racism and stupidity.

'Multiculturalism is a failure. Not my words....David Cameron's and Ed Miliband's.'

Oh the same David Cameron who said we'd be out of recession by 2012, and promoted Jeremy Hunt. And the same Ed Milliband who got to be leader through Union support then immediately turned on the Unions. Must be true then.

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/2222

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_people

There is some more reading to do here. However you look at it, being welsh, english, scottish. We are just a mixed up bunch.

We are very much 'mongrels' on these sceptred isles, though I was referring to the modern concept of 'The Welsh' rather than the genetic. As much pride as we have in never having been successfully invaded since 1066, prior to that we were invaded more regularly than Jordan's knickers. In general, the only 'genetically pure' Welsh are those in the remote settlements of mid Wales, as born out by the studies on that Wikipedia page. I would suggest there are no genetically 'pure English' as incomers from Rome, Scandanavia and France raped and pillaged their way across much of Britain. The Irish are much the same, with that most 'Celtic' of islands was repeatedly diluted with Viking and Pictish invaders from Denmark and Scotland. We're all the product of a great big mish-mash of genes- Welsh, English, Irish so perhaps the Asian fans of Liecester could sing "you're just a small town in Italy/France/Sweden" at us next season?

Anyway, have we signed a new centre half yet?

Archived