IGNORED

Small Town In Asia

the frampton balti

Closer to home (for me anyway) is Luton which also has a massive Asian population. I'm sure these chants are aimed at the indigenous white fans, having a dig at them as they support a club based in an area which has been somehow "taken over" by another race/culture. Whether they are offended or not I don't know - "small town in Wales" gets my back up though as well as "you're Welsh and you know you are".

What is really interesting is whether the Asian supporters of Luton (or Leicester) get offended.

This. Seems to me that we dont chant these things to be offensive to the asians, welsh etc - but to niggle those who dont want to be classified as asian, welsh etc. That is what makes it banter. It works in reverse on us (and we do our best to help by still playing the freakin wurzels!).

John Barnes made some interesting comments about racism after the court case for JT - saying that it will take several generations before 'unconscious' racism disappears from society, and in the meantime, racially-based offence is inevitable. His view is that this doesnt make everyone who has been 'conditioned' by society, without even realising it, racist. Not holding JB up to be the 'sage' of all things race-related, but his non-hysterical response to this case was commendable. It seems fairly clear to me that at some point in the future being called a 'black anything' will cease to be an insult in, allegedly, developed countries, because black people will have the confidence and self-respect to not regard it as offensive. Think this is a long time off though. Sadly, I think the 'C***' word is here to stay!

I remember a couple of seasons ago when we played Leicester at home. In the EE, they chanted ' just a small town in Wales ' and we replied the small town in Asia chant as said in this thread. However we took it to the extreme singing about chicken tikka and naan bread. Funny at the time but the Leicester fans were not happy about it.

The obvious inference to that 'factual noun' is that being black is a negative and makes the level of *****-ness that Terry feels Ferdinand was even more extensive.

Why the fact someone has a different colour skin requires pointing out in any situation (barring describing someone you don't know) is beyond me. We are all exactly the same, deal with it.

So Terry added a factual word to his abuse of Ferdinand, and the problem as you see it is Terry's perceived (in your opinion, even though both the courts and the FA have accepted that Terry is not racist) opinion that being black is negative.

If this really were what Terry thought, as stupid as it would be, since when has it been a crime to have an opinion.

If I call you a effing young **** does that make me guilty of anything more than abusive and threatening behaviour, and if not, does the substitution of one physical characteristic for another make it worse?

Who says that when Terry uses the word "black", he means it in a negative way, that requires reading his mind. Has Terry ever said that he regards being black as a negative thing?

In reality, of course he meant it in a negative way, that is the whole point of abuse, but that does not make it racist.

Every 10 games the thought police pop up.

Its a sustained tactic of the looney left of which Bristol has far more % wise than any other city.

Its also no suprise that Bristol has fallen behind many other cities in terms of developmental progress as the same people who complain about singing also want to save the lesser spotted warbler rat and the like.....who just happen to live somewhere due for development.

When an asian from Leicester comes on here to complain - I will listen

When a homosexual from Brighton comes on here to complain I will listen.

Until then all you appeasing lefty Euro-lovers can stick any kind of blunt object you like up your nose and wiggle.

People choose to make England their home.

Their children are English.

They can say what offends them.

NOT A LOAD OF BLOODY TRAITOROUS EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS SUPPORTERS, IMMIGRATION PROPONENTS AND ALL AROUND EUTOPIAN LOVING FOOLS.

When was it ever so popular to despise the English working Class?

Shame on all you apologists.

Now **** off.

Yes sir!!!

Why do people think they've got a right NOT to be offended? If you don't like what the indigenous people think/say/feel/believe/sing, then you can always leave the country. It's that simple.

Its a sustained tactic of the looney left of which Bristol has far more % wise than any other city.

Its also no suprise that Bristol has fallen behind many other cities in terms of developmental progress as the same people who complain about singing also want to save the lesser spotted warbler rat and the like.....who just happen to live somewhere due for development.

Until then all you appeasing lefty Euro-lovers can stick any kind of blunt object you like up your nose and wiggle.

NOT A LOAD OF BLOODY TRAITOROUS EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS SUPPORTERS, IMMIGRATION PROPONENTS AND ALL AROUND EUTOPIAN LOVING FOOLS.

Now **** off.

Excellent comments, well written Sir. :clap:

To me, this forum seems full up with posters that have gleaned their ideologies from the 'politically correct' middle class Cultural Marxist zealots that infest our Universities, Colleges, law courts and the BBC's EU loving propaganda newsagency. Indeed, their ideologies are enemy alien and totally anti English and anti English working class.

Now **** off.

well said refreshing to read

Now **** off.

Amen

Now **** off.

Spot on someone talking sense at last! I reckon you run for mayor

Now **** off.

Top man !!

Now **** off.

Quality post.

On a seperate note we may as well create a similar thread for Bolton now & get it out the way with.

Excellent comments, well written Sir. :clap:

To me, this forum seems full up with posters that have gleaned their ideologies from the 'politically correct' middle class Cultural Marxist zealots that infest our Universities, Colleges, law courts and the BBC's EU loving propaganda newsagency. Indeed, their ideologies are enemy alien and totally anti English and anti English working class.

and of course not forgetting the Roy Keane 'prawn sandwich' brigade know nothing about soccer it's culture and working class roots, who heard the words 'new rock and roll' at start of the prem overpaid lady boy revolution and started watching Arsenal United play soccer on sky and decided that as a nice break from bankrupting the country, at weekends they could mix bolly and a working class oik game to give them street cred and then come onto this forum and because of their lack of soccer knowledge piously correct every misspelt word and every misplaced comma.

'Proud to be a 'Brit'. Assume those politically correct people would be seriously offended by that term - or perhaps not, because they've been programmed only to have concerns for non-natives.'

NON NATIVES!! So only whites are native Britains are they? I know a few black and Asian people who are native Bristolians, about 90% if you look at the stats. Leicester asian are 90% native too. I guess facts are just too PC for you

Interesting you refer to 'Asians' - a geographical location in which Bristol is not presently located. Why call them Asians if, in your mind, they're Bristolians and have nothing to do with the continent of Asia?

Personally, I wouldn't call English settlers 'NATIVE Australians', but I would call Aborigines NATIVE to Australia. It's about history, culture and the birthplaces of many previous generations. May be if you don't like the word NATIVE, substitute indigenous if that makes you any happier. Probably not, as the PC brigade will try and stop the use of any word that - in their view only - could be construde as having a 'racial' undertone.

In my eyes 'You're Just A Small Town In Asia' is just banter. I probably wouldn't sing it, it's a bit feeble and unfunny, but just banter.

Although it's related I do take the OP point on 'Town Full Of Asians' though. It does definitely suggest there is something wrong or embarrassing with a town being full of Asians. It's an uncool chant.

We look at life sometimes through rose tinted glasses, for me the banter, the piss take and sometimes the close to the knuckle chants are what makes footy the atraction, for my shame i was arrested during a match v badiff when the chant was "aberfan"....only cos those ***** were singing "swiss air dissaster" we all have issues, sometimes as life goes on we learn x

Now **** off.

very refreshing POV !! Well done !

well put ! its football, take it for what it is and nothing else, there is no under hand meaning to it !

My good lady is Welsh and is a Doctor (Medical) and far more intelligent than me ... and I have a degree in Economics from London Uni. So all those morons who slag off the Welsh ... I watch footie and rugby in Swansea pubs and the banter is huge fun. When my Welsh friends come west - or east to them - they comment on how racist Bristol is. We need to grow up - seriously.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when we played Leicester at home. In the EE, they chanted ' just a small town in Wales ' and we replied the small town in Asia chant as said in this thread. However we took it to the extreme singing about chicken tikka and naan bread. Funny at the time but the Leicester fans were not happy about it.

Do you actually believe this?

very refreshing POV !! Well done !

well put ! its football, take it for what it is and nothing else, there is no under hand meaning to it !

'Refreshing'?? Jesus, if that's your idea of refreshment then god help us all. A post that rants at all and sundry and ends with 'Now **** off'?? How refreshing is that.

No point in joining in this debate if the general agreement is that being English enshrines the right to be racist and proud.

Now **** off.

A lot of assumptions there .

im not a great fan of generic football chants.

i think it would be refreshing if we were the only team not to sing ...small town in asia.

You can shoe your onion bhajis up your a....e seems like a better alternatiue maybe as a response to you can shoue your scumpy cider up your sleeue. if your that way inclined!

in all honesty i think the england that you seem so proud of is probably a different one to mine.

not that england exists at all in a parliamentary sense.

Archived