IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Sources can be wrong shocker!

I heard exactly the same a week earlier from an excellent source at Saints, about as good as you can get actually. He said Bournemouth were very much in for him but Southampton weren't as Joe would be behind 3 players - Bertrand, Targett and another youth player. I think a move to Bournemouth may well have happened had he not signed the contract.

People thinking of Wes Burns as the solution ha ha ha that must be a joke, yes he is young but he is League 2 standard.

No need to panic I am sure SC will have a few in mind or ready to be lined up but Burns definitely not the answer sorry to upset the academy lovers.

But he is on the fringe of what is probably about to be a top ten international team. How many times have we had such a good international player!

:yes:

I know we have plenty of time but Cotts said the key to last season was having the team bond.

We must of identified targets a while ago, and I can only presume we haven't managed to get them as we surely would of signed them early (ala last season).

Was hoping there was going to be a big reveal today of a few players. 

It is such a contrast to last year.Players in early bonded well.This feels like the bad old days at the moment.I hope and sure I will be wrong

There may well have been interest in Joe from Bournemouth which is understandable give he season he had but seeing as they have signed Mings and Atsu as full and winger I can't see this happening now. Why sign him as a squad player when what they already have there are as good/better?

They are right-sided though aren't thye?

It is such a contrast to last year.Players in early bonded well.This feels like the bad old days at the moment.I hope and sure I will be wrong

But in Cotts we trust - he earned that after last season.

It's just frustrating seeing other teams doing business while we wait, but I'm sure we'll do the business we need to. :pray:

There may well have been interest in Joe from Bournemouth which is understandable give he season he had but seeing as they have signed Mings and Atsu as full and winger I can't see this happening now. Why sign him as a squad player when what they already have there are as good/better?

Why go there? They just got lucky, they'll be back down next season ! There aren't many clubs in the top two divs I would say were SMALLER than City, but, AFCB.....deffo !

Yep won't happen this window, this was back at the beginning of May. Teams have lots of targets, if they'd got Joe they may have not gone for Mings.

This time last year I had my doubts over Bryan as to whether he could step it up and he did, becoming arguably our best player in the process. Burns may do the same.

Nah.... there was always something about Joe Bryan. You could see a bit of quality in there, that's not to say Burns doesn't have any but I don't think we'll see much of him now, he had a perfect chance last season to impress cotts at league 1 level. Now we're in the championship I can't see him getting a look in. Hopefully someone in League 1 will take him and give him game time, same for Reid.

Nah.... there was always something about Joe Bryan. You could see a bit of quality in there, that's not to say Burns doesn't have any but I don't think we'll see much of him now, he had a perfect chance last season to impress cotts at league 1 level. Now we're in the championship I can't see him getting a look in. Hopefully someone in League 1 will take him and give him game time, same for Reid.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think Burns needed the experience of the loan spells last season and will come back a better player.  Clearly the Wales set-up see something very promising in him, and I'm sure we will give him a chance to develop before jettisoning him.  Reid is a different case.  He is at least a season, if not two, ahead of Burns and should have started to establish himself in the City team.  He doesn't seem to have taken the opportunities available to him and if he doesn't make an impact in the first quarter of the season, I can't see him staying.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go on and do well elsewhere though.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think Burns needed the experience of the loan spells last season and will come back a better player.  Clearly the Wales set-up see something very promising in him, and I'm sure we will give him a chance to develop before jettisoning him.  Reid is a different case.  He is at least a season, if not two, ahead of Burns and should have started to establish himself in the City team.  He doesn't seem to have taken the opportunities available to him and if he doesn't make an impact in the first quarter of the season, I can't see him staying.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go on and do well elsewhere though.

He's not good enough; he plays for Wales purely by dint of being Welsh - not because he's the next Ryan Giggs.

Archived