IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Although cringey at times these pressers are entertaining, Mayweather got totally owned in Toronto last night.

If this continues this way in the next two then Connor would have got into Floyds head, Floyd hasn't thought anyone with this much confidence and self believe.

It will be a interesting fight, Connor won't go in there and try to out box him, his only chance is to be super aggressive and make it into a street fight.

Connor's never lost standing up and has nothing to lose....unlike Floyd

Can't wait for the next presser.

So last night's presser was from Brooklyn. For those who haven't seen it, the highlights included:

- McGregor arriving shirtless, draped in a Polar Bear fur coat. This did not go down well with the crowd.

- McGregor addressed previous press issues that he has been racist by saying he's "half black, black from the waist down" which got a lot of laughs

- Mayweather asking the crowd to point to the 'quitter' (in reference to McGregor tapping out to Diaz)

-Mayweather saying Conor looked like a stripper ad throwing dollar bills at him. When Conor joked they were only one dollar bills, Floyd replied "that's all you're worth b**** "

- It nearly kicking off en stage between Mayweather's bodyguards and McGregors training partners

Out of the press conferences so far, I think this one went in Mayweather's favour. The crowd seemed to favour him, especially after the polar bear coat faux pas. Plus the insults from the Mayweather camp are improving and he seemed to rile Conor up on a few occasions this time.

Tonight it's at Wembley where there will be genuine and plastic paddy's everywhere. Queue banter.

4 minutes ago, SARJ said:

So last night's presser was from Brooklyn. For those who haven't seen it, the highlights included:

- McGregor arriving shirtless, draped in a Polar Bear fur coat. This did not go down well with the crowd.

- McGregor addressed previous press issues that he has been racist by saying he's "half black, black from the waist down" which got a lot of laughs

- Mayweather asking the crowd to point to the 'quitter' (in reference to McGregor tapping out to Diaz)

-Mayweather saying Conor looked like a stripper ad throwing dollar bills at him. When Conor joked they were only one dollar bills, Floyd replied "that's all you're worth b**** "

- It nearly kicking off en stage between Mayweather's bodyguards and McGregors training partners

Out of the press conferences so far, I think this one went in Mayweather's favour. The crowd seemed to favour him, especially after the polar bear coat faux pas. Plus the insults from the Mayweather camp are improving and he seemed to rile Conor up on a few occasions this time.

Tonight it's at Wembley where there will be genuine and plastic paddy's everywhere. Queue banter.

Lovely.

Thought last nights one was a bit embarrassing by Conor. People are starting to switch off about these press conferences, last night's was the worst so far.

Being over an hour late in starting didn't help. Conor's material was poor I thought, Floyd's stuff - although scripted - much better.

Expecting a more entertaining one in London later.

It really is pantomime stuff, can't really take it too seriously.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thought last nights one was a bit embarrassing by Conor. People are starting to switch off about these press conferences, last night's was the worst so far.

Being over an hour late in starting didn't help. Conor's material was poor I thought, Floyd's stuff - although scripted - much better.

Expecting a more entertaining one in London later.

It really is pantomime stuff, can't really take it too seriously.

Almost 2, then we had to listen to that hip hop bloke!! I think Conor will let loose tonight...

I've had a guts full of it already tbh, it's just manufactured pantomime bollocks.

I think it's a crying shame- if a great bit of promotion- that this was parachuted in just before a genuinely great fight in GGG Canelo on 16/09. All the attention should be on a potential classic and instead everyone is entranced by these 2 gooning around.

On 12/07/2017 at 16:57, B1ackbird said:

If you wore it swimming you'd keep getting rescued...

:blink:

Eubank and Lee Selby on Saturday, Mayweather v McGregor and Canello v GGG. Three PPV events coming up.

Whats everyone looking forward to?

Only one fight worth paying for there imo mate.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I've had a guts full of it already tbh, it's just manufactured pantomime bollocks.

I think it's a crying shame- if a great bit of promotion- that this was parachuted in just before a genuinely great fight in GGG Canelo on 16/09. All the attention should be on a potential classic and instead everyone is entranced by these 2 gooning around.

Only one fight worth paying for there imo mate.

Canelo v GGG has the potential to be fight of the year, held (in my eyes) by AJ v WK ATM

• Like 1

The ITV PPV platform has apparently gone tits up on Sky again, just like last time, mass complaints and refunds ahoy. Considering ITV only do PPV Boxing, you think they'd have worked out how to make it f*****g work

Oh and Mayweather/McGregor is going exactly the way that I thought it would, an embarrassing pantomine that makes the nonsense between Haye and Bellew look like the height of class and sophistication by comparison.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The ITV PPV platform has apparently gone tits up on Sky again, just like last time, mass complaints and refunds ahoy. Considering ITV only do PPV Boxing, you think they'd have worked out how to make it f*****g work

Oh and Mayweather/McGregor is going exactly the way that I thought it would, an embarrassing pantomine that makes the nonsense between Haye and Bellew look like the height of class and sophistication by comparison.

@itv

http://buffstream.com/watch/boxing.php

:cool:

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Working fine on kodi,on bob but use a vpn obviously,is it just me who was cringing when sanigar done the huddle in the changing room,I love our accent but that made my toes curl :laugh:

• Like 1

I like watching Selby box he is a very skillful fighter and big respect for fighting tonight after losing his mum on Tuesday, i hope its not too soon for the lad.

Surely if he comes through this fight (just been cut) he will fight Frampton next?

• Like 1