IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Haye is an absolute nightmare for AJ imo.

Klitschko is old, comes forward in straight lines and is used to leaning on smaller fighters to win.He no longer has a plan b, Tyson completely flummoxed him while doing very little offensively. Fury couldn't keep AJ off him for long enough despite his decent lateral movement and Joshua would have no respect for his meagre power at all and walk straight through him sooner or later.

Haye, though, throws fast, powerful punches from unexpected angles and moves fantastically for a HW- no surprise given he was the undisputed Cruiserweight champion. Haye's head movement- of which AJ has next to zero as yet- is excellent, and I would expect him to beat Joshua atm. Similarly, Wilder's movement and athleticism presents more of a problem to AJ than Wlad or Tyson now, should he ever tire of knocking over tomato cans in Alabama.

Now Ortiz is on the Matchroom roster he is well in the mix too. Presuming he gets through his European coming out party in Monte Carlo against Malik Scott on 12/11, I'd expect him to fight for a version of the title next year.

@Super, Bellew is indeed a fairly unlikable bloke, but I quite like his **** you attitude. You'd have to have a heart of stone to deny him the glory of his win over Makabu!

Edited by Stortz

21 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Haye is an absolute nightmare for AJ imo.

Klitschko is old, comes forward in straight lines and is used to leaning on smaller fighters to win.He no longer has a plan b, Tyson completely flummoxed him while doing very little offensively. Fury couldn't keep AJ off him for long enough despite his decent lateral movement and Joshua would have no respect for his meagre power at all and walk straight through him sooner or later.

Haye, though, throws fast, powerful punches from unexpected angles and moves fantastically for a HW- no surprise given he was the undisputed Cruiserweight champion. Haye's head movement- of which AJ has next to zero as yet- is excellent, and I would expect him to beat Joshua atm. Similarly, Wilder's movement and athleticism presents more of a problem to AJ than Wlad or Tyson now, should he ever tire of knocking over tomato cans in Alabama.

Now Ortiz is on the Matchroom roster he is well in the mix too. Presuming he gets through his European coming out party in Monte Carlo against Malik Scott on 12/11, I'd expect him to fight for a version of the title next year.

@Super, Bellew is indeed a fairly unlikable bloke, but I quite like his **** you attitude. You'd have to have a heart of stone to deny him the glory of his win over Makabu!

Still not sure haye has heavyweight power if I'm honest mate,and he would need to to keep AJ off him even with his great movement as a cruiser which was a long long time ago now.

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Still not sure haye has heavyweight power if I'm honest mate,and he would need to to keep AJ of him even with his great movement as a cruiser which was a long long time ago now.

Yeah, I don't think he'd knock him out mate- his biggest ever KO at HW was Delboy, who isn't exactly huge- but I think AJ would spend the night punching air and getting hit on the counter.

I Just think Haye is far too cute for him at this stage of his career. 3/4 fights time, then it's a different story.

36 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, I don't think he'd knock him out mate- his biggest ever KO at HW was Delboy, who isn't exactly huge- but I think AJ would spend the night punching air and getting hit on the counter.

I Just think Haye is far too cute for him at this stage of his career. 3/4 fights time, then it's a different story.

Not so sure mate,haye couldn't get out the way of klits straight jabs(chipped toe nail of course) 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not so sure mate,haye couldn't get out the way of klits straight jabs(chipped toe nail of course) 

Yeah, how could we forget the toe!

Wlad's jab was pretty much an all conquering weapon then though wasn't it- and he'd had 58 fights to hone it compared to AJ's current 17.

Just hope the fights get made so we can all find out!

14 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, how could we forget the toe!

Wlad's jab was pretty much an all conquering weapon then though wasn't it- and he'd had 58 fights to hone it compared to AJ's current 17.

Just hope the fights get made so we can all find out!

Let's hope so mate,ward kovalev and aj klit would take a great year of boxing out with a bang

2 hours ago, SARJ said:

As for Burns, he's not looked right since that Mexican broke his jaw. Broner will destroy him.

Agreed, the guy was Raymundo Beltran. As far as Broner is concerned, he is threatening to kill himself on twitter atm, looks like he's having some sort of breakdown. Very sad

35 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's an utter arsehole of a bloke. I'd love to see him get a proper hiding. 

Ha ha! I'm getting the impression you don't like him much mate, but tell us how you really feel!

Here you go!

Broner is apparently safe:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/12/adrien-broners-fiancee-hes-okay-after-suicide-scare/

Edited by Stortz
inserted video
  • Like 1

So, Fury has vacated ahead of being stripped today

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37634849

AJ v Klitschko 'very close' for 10/12

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37639183

It's going to happen imo. There's a good chance Frampton and Santa Cruz are going to rematch before the end of the year too, and maybe another GGG outing! What a great year for boxing indeed @joe jordans teeth!

Edited by Stortz

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Oh look, Haye's there. Prepare for some WWE antics after Bellew wins, with him pointing from the ring and giving it the "hold me back" routine.

Have you got your Bellew voodoo doll ready Northern Red?!

Think you might be disappointed tonight after Flores dived at the weight tbh.

8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

No defence at all, Haye would pick him off  as he comes forward. Far too quick and powerful. He'd be on the canvas in under 4

And that's only if Haye wants to show him up, Haye could finish that fight in any round he wants I think.

Bellew knows Haye is the fighter who can give him his payday hence why he's acting like such a bell trying to get the public to back the fight.

i can't wait to see Haye destroy him.

• Like 1