IGNORED

The Official Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

It's a game of opinions, people have mentioned quite a few names on this thread today (Kodjia and Baker in particular for example, and Freeman for his shooting). You're just picking on Bobby because I assume you rate him highly and so any criticism of him cannot be legitimate and is just people finding an excuse to get on his back. Saying a player was poor today isn't necessarily "getting on his back", it's discussing the player in the match day thread... that's what this is here for surely.

All our midfield were poor today - Bobby included, in my opinion. People can have a negative opinion of a player without holding a particular grudge or anything against them - in my mind if anything our academy players get an easier ride than most.

Completely agree. It's all about opinions and debate. I can't see how people can't understand that. Just because people are critical of players doesn't mean they are 'getting on their backs' or 'making them a scapegoat'. 

4 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

People looking for an excuse to get on Reid's back I see.

What would you rather people do? Not say it as they see it and praise Reid just because you rate him? He was very poor today along with all the midfield. That's not getting on his back, that's an honest assessment....

The idea of this forum is surely to encourage debate? Like others have said, a negative opinion isn't always based on having something against the player in particular.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

I think people need to be a little more realistic. There is clearly a strong gap between the better sides and where we are right now. Yes we beat Boro twice, but the reality is what we should all know. We are a cobbled together squad that is trying to avoid relegation. The better sides have more power, more energy, can run further , faster, and on top of that are technically better, with more experience and have a depth of squad we do not have. But , they also have a wage bill many times more than ours. We are work in progress, and our aim is survival, Tuesday is our big game, not Hull away. We will need some time to build a squad, we have many loan players, have gaps to fill all over , and it will take more than 10 games with LJ in charge. We have to improve the squad quality , we all know that, it's a big challenge, but at least there is a clearer recognition of what we need to compete (getting promoted is another thing altogether), and we need to give the new off the field time to show their impact. Preston have shown us you can compete within the constraints we have. 

Whilst I agree with everything above ,how many times have we heard the 'work in progress' statement as well as the players are still learning at this level? ...how long does it take? We have very few games remaining and yet they're still learning and we are still a work in progress...lets hope we can maintain our championship status and continue to build for next season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Whilst I agree with everything above ,how many times have we heard the 'work in progress' statement as well as the players are still learning at this level? ...how long does it take? We have very few games remaining and yet they're still learning and we are still a work in progress...lets hope we can maintain our championship status and continue to build for next season.

Sadly I think the answer is quite a while. Yesterday, to Hull's great credit, away supporters had their own bar at the ground. Whilst we watched the Villa match we could also watch past encounters. Boothferry Park…what a dump, when they played there it was always easy to patronise Hull…and we seemed to do quite well against them. The new ground made an enormous difference to their confidence as a club…I know a number of their fans…and that win at Wembley…well…I must have seen that Windass goal half a dozen times on screens there yesterday. 

That was a massive result. It's catapulted them into a world we simply don't know. The gap is huge. Their whole club reeks confidence and money. 

Now, that might all fall to pieces and behind the scenes we know that there has been all sorts of strife at Hull, but currently the difference is that they are managed by one of the most experienced managers in the game, their loanees come from Arsenal, the midfield is bossed by immense characters, their tidy right back cost £3.5 million, one of our number one targets for last summer sat on the bench and their £10m Uruguayan international had a rest.

Our players put in a shift but were outclassed, as we outclassed countless sides last season.

If nothing else yesterday will have woken Mark Ashton up to the job he's taken on.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Sadly I think the answer is quite a while. Yesterday, to Hull's great credit, away supporters had their own bar at the ground. Whilst we watched the Villa match we could also watch past encounters. Boothferry Park…what a dump, when they played there it was always easy to patronise Hull…and we seemed to do quite well against them. The new ground made an enormous difference to their confidence as a club…I know a number of their fans…and that win at Wembley…well…I must have seen that Windass goal half a dozen times on screens there yesterday. 

That was a massive result. It's catapulted them into a world we simply don't know. The gap is huge. Their whole club reeks confidence and money. 

Now, that might all fall to pieces and behind the scenes we know that there has been all sorts of strife at Hull, but currently the difference is that they are managed by one of the most experienced managers in the game, their loanees come from Arsenal, the midfield is bossed by immense characters, their tidy right back cost £3.5 million, one of our number one targets for last summer sat on the bench and their £10m Uruguayan international had a rest.

Our players put in a shift but were outclassed, as we outclassed countless sides last season.

If nothing else yesterday will have woken Mark Ashton up to the job he's taken on.

And yet, Hull were 3 wins in ten going into yesterday. 

It sounds like you were "beaten" before the game started, and possibly one or two of the team! 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

It sounds like you were "beaten" before the game started, and possibly one or two of the team! 

Seems like the international break came just at the right time for them, and the wrong time for us. They had a chance to regroup after a little wobble, while we probably lost a bit of momentum off the back of a 6 goal win.

Ah, **** it, what's done is done, roll on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Well...I don't spend 7 hours sitting in a car to watch 90 minutes football if I don't think City can get something from a game! Just trying to put some of the more extravagant comments on this thread in some context. Hull were on a poor run and we had a chance…shame they got off to such a flying start.

In my opinion, only mine of course, you won't get much fun out of watching City if you can't appreciate the quality of the opposition on occasion!

39 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Seems like the international break came just at the right time for them, and the wrong time for us. They had a chance to regroup after a little wobble, while we probably lost a bit of momentum off the back of a 6 goal win.

Ah, **** it, what's done is done, roll on Tuesday.

Trying not think about Tuesday :blink: