IGNORED

The Official Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

One thing Cotts said that was spot on, although perhaps not politik to express it before the season began, was that we cannot compete with the top sides in this division. 

We have had ample evidence of the two tier nature of the Championship.  This is yet more....

it doesn't stop the midfield at least competing RR and I saw precious little of that, we allowed ourselves to be bullied in midfield the whole game and I never saw one leader in midfield, it was powder puff stuff IMHO.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Agree totally. He should have started today, as Dawson has been allowed to play it around at his own leisure, as well as dominating everything in the air.

Wilbs would have made it much more uncomfortable for their backline from the off. Little Lee got this one wrong today...

My hope is he was playing a more 'gung-ho' selection today as he was saving the likes of Wilbs and Smith for Tuesday.

As it stands; we'll need to beat Rotherham - their form is crazy, and unless we stop them, they'll put us right back in the fight, and we can't allow that.

Fulham have done us a bit of a favour today too; still 6 points off the drop zone, despite a thrashing.

Onwards to the next one; Tuesday night we'll need to be on fire, as Rotherham are hot right now.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it doesn't stop the midfield at least competing RR and I saw precious little of that, we allowed ourselves to be bullied in midfield the whole game and I never saw one leader in midfield, it was powder puff stuff IMHO.

Or alternatively "nowhere near  as good as some of the best in the division". 

Whoever said men against boys seems to have summed it up.

How about the thought police go **** themselves? I'm not personally going to moan because I don't think today makes any difference to how our season will pan out and we already knew how woefully inadequate we are against the top sides. But If people want to express their frustration after a horrid performance then they have every right to post their thoughts without "super fans" getting in their face.

Good night all and here's to bouncing back on Tuesday.

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

How about the thought police go **** themselves? I'm not personally going to moan because I don't think today makes any difference to how our season will pan out and we already knew how woefully inadequate we are against the top sides. But If people want to express their frustration after a horrid performance then they have every right to post their thoughts. 

Yes they do. We're also allowed to tell them we think they're silly if they say we're going down.

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

My hope is he was playing a more 'gung-ho' selection today as he was saving the likes of Wilbs and Smith for Tuesday.

As it stands; we'll need to beat Rotherham - their form is crazy, and unless we stop them, they'll put us right back in the fight, and we can't allow that.

Fulham have done us a bit of a favour today too; still 6 points off the drop zone, despite a thrashing.

Onwards to the next one; Tuesday night we'll need to be on fire, as Rotherham are hot right now.

Will feel a lot happier but it not exactly do or die yet against Rotherham. If we say draw, and MK fail to beat Wolves, it will still be as you were.

To start with a little perspective.

While we have had a decent run WE are in a relegation fight after promotion. THEY are going for automatic promotion after being in the Prem last year. They were bigger, stronger and simply better than us.  

Today while JB and Pack did OK they were out gunned , Korey would have made a difference but not to the result. We were off the pace and Hull were good. At the end of the day if we can win Tuesday , it will be better than winning today and losing Tuesday. There were no obvious pluses today, all they can do is move on and get a result against Rotherham.

• Like 6

Not over yet.

Rotherham on fire under Warnock. They will beat us Tuesday. 

FFS!

No Jeff and no social media tonight....The squatters have never felt more like singing the blues again! Colin Daniel scored this afternoon so they can **** off n'all!

Edited by Cheesleysmate