IGNORED

The Official Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

11 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

From what I've heard, I can't see Reid keeping his place.

Funny enough , I would be more inclined to play Reid at home rather than away, and I wouldn't have played him against Hull's huge midfield. Shame we are limited in options.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

That's our toughest game left out the way and we still have the same gap.

In theory. I think we may find they're all tough now.

Edited by 1960maaan

Just on the way back from the game and to be honest I didn't expect much from today and therefore am not that disappointed. 

The next two home games are massive and Tuesday I think will determine the outcome of our season. 

I'm confident of a result but it'll come at a price of watching a Warnock side full of every trick in the book. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Funny enough , I would be more inclined to play Reid at home rather than away, and I wouldn't have played him against Hull's huge midfield. Same we are limited in options.

I saw him come on against Fulham (away) and make a real difference. He's a strange one. Can be a great impact player, but just seems to lose it when he plays from the start sometimes. It's almost like we have too many small playmakers in the squad - Freeman, Reid, Tomlin.

It's like I've said before: too often our players don't seem know what their job is, or how they're meant to do it. In that horrendous first half against Fulham, Tomlin, Bryan, Freeman and Pack were absolutely all over the place. 

On the plus side, we do have players currently that know exactly what their job is, and they more often than not do it. Korey Smith does his job, our full-backs often do their job well.

Our defence is frequently strong - seems like Baker might have had a mare today but he can be a rock. 

Kodjia does his job. Granted, he could do it better, he could be more selfless, more accurate, but you can't argue with 15 goals.

I think Johnson has had a fairly decent start so far, although I do think we are papering over the cracks somewhat. We're not safe, but I have faith in the players we have - I don't think they're gutless, and after watching us at Fulham it's clear they care. Rotherham will be tough, but it will feel so sweet if we can outwit them.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

He has been a train wreck this season. Needs to move on.

Or we need better coaching staff?

This lad has so much natural ability...we have to seriously question what the **** our coaches do. I've said it before ....we very rarely improve players at this club. Players that come here....their progress either stalls, or they move backwards.

Believe me there are ZERO positives from todays performance......

We gave a team of quality loads of space to dictate the game.....esp Snodgrass.....add to that a very lacklustre midfield and blunt attack and Poor tactics from the start...

No other way to put it.....

but do not lose faith....the players know they were poor and will comeback fighting..

Only thing now is to have a few ziders and wait for the long trip home...

Roll on tuesday

3 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Believe me there are ZERO positives from todays performance......

We gave a team of quality loads of space to dictate the game.....esp Snodgrass.....add to that a very lacklustre midfield and blunt attack and Poor tactics from the start...

No other way to put it.....

but do not lose faith....the players know they were poor and will comeback fighting..

Only thing now is to have a few ziders and wait for the long trip home...

Roll on tuesday

I agree...and if kodjia could manage to stay onside...even better!

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Funny enough , I would be more inclined to play Reid at home rather than away, and I wouldn't have played him against Hull's huge midfield. Shame we are limited in options.

Reid looked lightweight again today, there were several times in the game where Tomlin (another who was ineffective today) cut inside and expecting Reid to go wide for him but he always failed to do so, Pack made one great saving tackle but apart from that was poor, Bryan was the pick but even he was knocked off of the ball far to easily for me, hopefully a wake up call.

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Bad news!   Korey tweaked his injury in the warm up today according to LJ on RB, let's hope he is OK for Tuesday!

Just what we needed but a different injury at least ETR (Tweaked a thigh muscle rather than his ankle - small consolation but fingers crossed, got to be a strong doubt for Tuesday tho )

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Only one way to find out!

*FIGHT!!!*

I imagine Korey will feature on Tuesday and that makes us a different proposition. 

Korey tweaked his thigh before the game and had to be replaced by Little on the bench, be madness to risk him on Tuesday night IMO, a Warnock team will target him all night.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Korey tweaked his thigh before the game and had to be replaced by Little on the bench, be madness to risk him on Tuesday night IMO, a Warnock team will target him all night.

Just saw that.

Nonetheless, we can compete against lower table fodder like the retired grocer and his team of diving barstewards. Just not against the Hulls of this world.

God, that's depressing writing that.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Just saw that.

Nonetheless, we can compete against lower table fodder like the retired grocer and his team of diving barstewards. Just not against the Hulls of this world.

God, that's depressing writing that.

We should be able to 'compete' with anybody and today we didn't 'compete' especially in midfield and that is what disappointed me, we lacked commitment as much as anything else and that is unacceptable, they looked like they wanted far more than us.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

We should be able to 'compete' with anybody and today we didn't 'compete' especially in midfield and that is what disappointed me, we lacked commitment as much as anything else and that is unacceptable, they looked like they wanted far more than us.

They were better.  That's my take on it.

I rarely blame one part of the team. Strikers didn't strike and defenders sounded pretty useless as well today.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Or we need better coaching staff?

This lad has so much natural ability...we have to seriously question what the **** our coaches do. I've said it before ....we very rarely improve players at this club. Players that come here....their progress either stalls, or they move backwards.

No just better players. Freeman is hopeless sadly league one is his level.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

No just better players. Freeman is hopeless sadly league one is his level.

He has been poor granted. I just believe questions need to be asked of our coaching staff and set up.

I put money on it...if he went to another Championship club (a more established one), he would flourish 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Same question to you then, will a midfield performance like today's get anything against a Warnock set up side?, that's the real perspective.

I take it EMB that you were less than impressed with our midfield today?

My take on it was they looked fitter,faster,hungrier, better first touch.

That goes for all over the pitch. Apart from one or two attacks our forward play looked so laboured we sure looked a side near the bottom of the league today.

Saying all that on a Tuesday night under the lights I fully expect to see a totally different City.

And strangely as a glass half empty bloke I can see a thumping 3/0 win over Rotherham.

Witch would make my trip over for the Sheff Wed game somewhat less stressful !!

One other thing what a shame for our Swedish lads today pity they weren't there for our last game!!!

15 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

That goes for all over the pitch. Apart from one or two attacks our forward play looked so laboured we sure looked a side near the bottom of the league today.

Saying all that on a Tuesday night under the lights I fully expect to see a totally different City.

And strangely as a glass half empty bloke I can see a thumping 3/0 win over Rotherham.

One other thing what a shame for our Swedish lads today pity they weren't there for our last game!!!

Why, is she giving you a lift on her broomstick ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He was busy and positive , get over his physique and look at the free kicks he gets when being pushed over .

I thought he had quite a good game today .

I agree Major.

Far worse performances in the team today for me. Golbourne and Odemwingie were shockingly bad to name but two. Lets hope it's a blip.

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well that's football for you, yes I saw what you saw, along with half hearted challenges, piss poor passing all day, no width, I saw Pack once in the first half and once in the second half by the opposition corner flag instead of trying to win a corner or a throw in both times blindly pass a 3/4 foot ball directly to a Hull player both times ending in a near miss at our end seconds later, I saw for most of the game Hull by pass our midfield as if they weren't there, being allowed unmolested to build attacks box to box, I saw when we were playing the ball out from the back a distinct lack of midfield runners or midfielders making themselves available.

Yes they are a good side, a good side that haven't been able to score in a brothel until today and yes I believe that they probably have the best midfield in the championship but I thought that our midfield for the most part hid today and I think they could and should have at least competed a little better.

We know that Baker does have games like that but is still a very good player, the midfield in the summer needs major surgery.

• Like 1