IGNORED

The Official Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

My only worry is that after our summer of inactivity, the pendulum will swing the other way and we'll make tons of panic buys. If we can keep the core of our team, and hang on to some of our better performers this season, whilst making a few additions, that could work better. Tame our ambition a bit, be realistic but aspire for OH DAMN IT ROTHERHAM. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I don't think it's knee jerking, the only jerking has come from our midfield and that'll need a lot of tissues before Tuesday night.

One thing Cotts said that was spot on, although perhaps not politik to express it before the season began, was that we cannot compete with the top sides in this division. 

We have had ample evidence of the two tier nature of the Championship.  This is yet more....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, samo II said:

Freeman hits the post.

Shame; he's looked half-decent since coming on.

Also; Wilbs has made a difference here - ball has stuck up top and we've been able to play off him.

I was one of his critics earlier in the season, but I'm now thinking he'll be vital in helping us stay up.

Agree totally. He should have started today, as Dawson has been allowed to play it around at his own leisure, as well as dominating everything in the air.

Wilbs would have made it much more uncomfortable for their backline from the off. Little Lee got this one wrong today...

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Agree totally. He should have started today, as Dawson has been allowed to play it around at his own leisure, as well as dominating everything in the air.

Wilbs would have made it much more uncomfortable for their backline from the off. Little Lee got this one wrong today...

Yes he did, let's hope it gets it right for Tuesday night and all will be forgiven!

How disappointing is this result.Yes they are a class team but reading these threads we have been all over the place On the back of the last two games it feels even worse. Probably unrealistic to think we would get anything but the manner of the defeat seems to have undone all the good work. Cannot understand bringing back Kodjia to miss more goal chances. Big job for Lee to turn it around for Rotherham next week. Not to confident we will up to the task.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

My only worry is that after our summer of inactivity, the pendulum will swing the other way and we'll make tons of panic buys. If we can keep the core of our team, and hang on to some of our better performers this season, whilst making a few additions, that could work better. Tame our ambition a bit, be realistic but aspire for OH DAMN IT ROTHERHAM. 

That won't happen mate...can see us being very shrewd.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

One thing Cotts said that was spot on, although perhaps not politik to express it before the season began, was that we cannot compete with the top sides in this division. 

We have had ample evidence of the two tier nature of the Championship.  This is yet more....

Totally agree...You've only got to look at the GD of the top five and compare that with the rest of the league.