IGNORED

Q & A - Lee Johnson

Charlie BCFC

8 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I think you're right. One of either Smith or Pack needs to make way for Jens this season. Not sure who though... 

Smith just because of his size.. 

Pack for me aswell. Pack and Hegeler is just very defensive and there's no energy with Smith he's more energetic and calm and composed on the ball. However my pick for the two CMs will be Brownhill and Smith.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I love Pack but him and Hegeler are too similar to play together I think. Hegeler and Brownhill or Pack and Brownhill for me. Depends on how Jens starts adapting. I think he's probably a better footballer technically and maybe he even IQ wise but we know Pack doesn't give the ball away too often and can physically hold his own in the championship. 

Johnson said today in Tenerife in the Q&A session that Hegler can't play in a 2 man midfield & he plans to play 442 with Bobby Reid up front with the new guy.

17 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Johnson said today in Tenerife in the Q&A session that Hegler can't play in a 2 man midfield & he plans to play 442 with Bobby Reid up front with the new guy.

There you go then. Pack and Brownhill then. I like the idea of Bobby playing up front to be honest. He's quick and creative and gets into good positions plus always works hard. Reckon if you compared him and Marty T their goal per minute would be similar. Just a guess from me though. Prefer another striker in to bobby of course but with what we have he could be best option. 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Interesting stuff. Apart from the Bobby Reid revelation. That's terrifying. 

I wouldn't say it's terrifying, but you'd think with the injuries to Đurić, Taylor and Wilbs that it would surely be an opportunity for Engvall.

And that Bobby Reid / Hinds would be the options on the bench. 

he said Tomlin had a lot of personal problems, they agreed he'd leave at start of the window but no one came in for him so that's why he said to media he'd be part of plans-then Cardiff offered. Bryan and flint to Leeds isn't true at all, no offer. Only offer they've had is a loan swap for Bryan which they'd never do.Lloyd Kelly not going on loan this year as he'll be in and around the 1st team. There was so much demand for Tammy in January that clubs were offering us money to have him. And  Kodjia left for the money but only because he wants to provide the best for his family and he's a really nice guy apparently. He is trying to get that Swedish winger, possibly 4  players but should be at least 2.

Just now, class not gas said:

he said Tomlin had a lot of personal problems, they agreed he'd leave at start of the window but no one came in for him so that's why he said to media he'd be part of plans-then Cardiff offered. Bryan and flint to Leeds isn't true at all, no offer. Only offer they've had is a loan swap for Bryan which they'd never do.Lloyd Kelly not going on loan this year as he'll be in and around the 1st team. There was so much demand for Tammy in January that clubs were offering us money to have him. And  Kodjia left for the money but only because he wants to provide the best for his family and he's a really nice guy apparently. He is trying to get that Swedish winger, possibly 4  players but should be at least 2.

Golbourne off then. Glad he sees Kelly as as good enough for the first team squad. 

Hegeler - that's an odd comment to make, doesn't sound like he's got a future, unless they really are thinking about playing him at centre half?

Did LJ really confirm an interest in the Swedish guy? I'd have kept that quiet if there are other clubs interested and there is a bit of an auction going on

Not knocking LJ on either, I admire his honesty

9 minutes ago, class not gas said:

You mean, not everyone is refusing to play/wanting to leave, that those who have left may have had good reasons, that work is being done on getting people in and generally, he's sort of abreast of things and knows what he's doing and what is going on - how shocking, who'd have thought!

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Hegeler - that's an odd comment to make, doesn't sound like he's got a future, unless they really are thinking about playing him at centre half?

Did LJ really confirm an interest in the Swedish guy? I'd have kept that quiet if there are other clubs interested and there is a bit of an auction going on

He might have already signed.

Re: Hegeler, I kinda get the idea of him at CB, but he seems much more fitted to protecting the back four, with a box to box player next to him I think that would really work. At CB I worry about his pace, but the ball playing and height attributes I understand, an odd one really all things considered!

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I don't know if it's strange. Think most of his appearances before us were at CB. I'm sure he's got good positioning and probably good at reading the game. I don't think he'd start of Flint is still here but next to Wright I could see him or Magnússon. I think it's a myth we'd miss Flint's physicality to the extremes being thrown about. We'd pair either Hegeler or Mags with Wright who would be the Flint replacement. I don't think anyone is thinking of pairing Mags and Hegeler so the physicality argument is overblown imo. 

Archived