IGNORED

WEDLOCK WALL BRICKS - Is it a hut? (Merged)

NickJ

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

that shed would go if/wen the atyeo is redeveloped 

Would it? It's the other end of the stadium mate and redeveloping the Atyeo is not in any plans at the mo so not really relevant to the FAMOUS HUT at this time!

Let's see what @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can find out - I would say 99% of fans think it looks awful, so surely the club must form a plan and potentially re-position it into the South Stand (the old wedlock). To be fair, why not have it in the South Stand Concourse anyway - they can then sell more bricks / plaques / stones for the new area being developed when the Wickes site gets demolished ie "Carey Way" - :laugh:!

19 minutes ago, Undy English said:

I actually didn't see what all the fuss was about with our own Wedlock Wall until I saw the West Ham and Leeds alternatives. Damn we look really mediocre and tinpot in comparison.

True, however, the small plaques equivalent to ours cost £60, medium slab £99 and large slab £499. Pretty standard costs for both those projects.....can you imagine the outrage on here if BS put those prices out

Not exactly excited to show my little boy his name on that. What a heap of *****!!!

To be frank that wall looks an absolute sub-Gas embarrassment. I thought I was buying a quality granite brick on a wall within the ground, not a cheap tile stuck on a substation !!! The rest of the ground now looks superb and this is is totally out of keeping with the quality of the finish of the rest of it.

They must be making £50 a brick from the enterprise. Do they really need to fleece the fans like this ? Is that really more important than devaluing the brand and antagonising some of the club's most loyal supporters....

JL if you (or your Mum!) are  reading this - sort it out !!

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

True, however, the small plaques equivalent to ours cost £60, medium slab £99 and large slab £499. Pretty standard costs for both those projects.....can you imagine the outrage on here if BS put those prices out

Completely hear what you're saying bud, but even still, for £55 a tile, ours looks so cheap and tacky. It could have been presented so much better with a consistent font, a more professional appearance, better location. Instead we got something that resembles a Primary School project on the side of a hut.

Do the club ever send out email questionnaires? Even if they only got a few responses, it could give them an inkling of fans wishes i.e. appearance/location. Instead they've just dived head first and got it wrong yet again. 

6 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Not exactly excited to show my little boy his name on that. What a heap of *****!!!

To be frank that wall looks an absolute sub-Gas embarrassment. I thought I was buying a quality granite brick on a wall within the ground, not a cheap tile stuck on a substation !!! The rest of the ground now looks superb and this is is totally out of keeping with the quality of the finish of the rest of it.

They must be making £50 a brick from the enterprise. Do they really need to fleece the fans like this ? Is that really more important than devaluing the brand and antagonising some of the club's most loyal supporters....

JL if you (or your Mum!) are  reading this - sort it out !!

I feel exactly the same - embarrassed to take my son to see his name.

However, there has to be a clear breach of contract here.  They advertised ‘high quality bricks’ and what they have provided is not ‘high quality bricks’.  It strikes me that either they provide bricks, or they should give people their money back.  I would have no problem in reclaiming my money - the club capitalises on fans’ goodwill and support too often if you ask me.  If i’m going to give money away I’d rather give it to a worthwhile charity.

I’m really feeling a sense of separation from the club this year.  Maybe the World Cup used up all my energy, but if I’m honest I don’t feel any real enthusiasm for the new season.  

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I feel exactly the same - embarrassed to take my son to see his name.

However, there has to be a clear breach of contract here.  They advertised ‘high quality bricks’ and what they have provided is not ‘high quality bricks’.  It strikes me that either they provide bricks, or they should give people their money back.  I would have no problem in reclaiming my money - the club capitalises on fans’ goodwill and support too often if you ask me.  If i’m going to give money away I’d rather give it to a worthwhile charity.

I’m really feeling a sense of separation from the club this year.  Maybe the World Cup used up all my energy, but if I’m honest I don’t feel any real enthusiasm for the new season.  

B68D22DD-B24F-47C4-AD95-3ED2E3EC8009.gif

• SC&T Board Members
3 minutes ago, big p said:

Can I ask when it will be completed.As this was intended to be the second part of a gift to my son.

Just to add to what Dolly has said, the delay has been largely down to difficulty in gathering content for the book. The idea is that it should be a collection of fans' memories of Atyeo and other City greats / experiences at pre-redevelopment AG. The number of stories contributed to date has, however, been insufficient to proceed. We'll be considering again tonight how we can address that. As always, the meeting is open to any fan wanting to attend (7.30pm in the SC&T bar, which is upstairs in the Sports Bar).

4 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@Dollymarie Walter Tull? Why is he getting a plaque have I missed something here.

If it was because he was racially abused nearly 100 years ago, when he played here is crazy. Like people saying sorry for the Slave trade, it has nothing to do with us now. 

It’s a discussion about a possible plaque that we have had mentioned to us via contact from  Spurs I think. I’m not sure of the relevance either. Mike who puts the minutes together wants it discussed, so we are going to do that. Nothing whatsoever is confirmed. 

22 hours ago, tomo said:

Gareth Torpy replied and I have spoken to him, 

He didn't really say much more than what he wrote in the email. It sounded like he was taking the comments personally rather than allowing me to explain the bigger picture. I tried to explain that a lot of fans will have the same opinion and think it's a poor job. From what Gareth said, (he has not seen it yet and has no real knowledge of the project), it is there to stay on the hut, which is in fact an electricity storage unit - that comment made me chuckle!  

He said any concerns should be raised with matt.parsons@bcfc.co.uk so I have sent the email onto him!

I was unable to obtain Peter Smith's email address who is the Stadium Development Manager - anyone have it? Is it a Bristol Sport email address?

You could simply PM him on here - Percy Parrot iirc.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

From reading this thread it's not the £55 that people have a problem with.  From the number that have bought a "brick" it's clear that people were happy to pay that price.

However, the problem has arisen because what was eventually presented was not a wall made of bricks but instead seems to be a display of small plaques stuck on to an existing wall.  This is despite the club's own words: "The bricks will form of [sic] the new Wedlock Wall in the Fan Village this summer." and "High-quality black gloss granite bricks will form the new wall" (source: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/last-chance-to-buy-your-wedlock-wall-brick/).

For me the key words in that sales pitch are "bricks" and "new wall". What has been erected is neither made of bricks nor constitutes a new wall.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

From reading this thread it's not the £55 that people have a problem with.  From the number that have bought a "brick" it's clear that people were happy to pay that price.

However, the problem has arisen because what was eventually presented was not a wall made of bricks but instead seems to be a display of small plaques stuck on to an existing wall.  This is despite the club's own words: "The bricks will form of [sic] the new Wedlock Wall in the Fan Village this summer." and "High-quality black gloss granite bricks will form the new wall" (source: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/last-chance-to-buy-your-wedlock-wall-brick/).

For me the key words in that sales pitch are "bricks" and "new wall". What has been erected is neither made of bricks nor constitutes a new wall.

in the clubs defense (not that its much of a defense mind) there is a picture of what you are getting attached to that story......still looks shit

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

in the clubs defense (not that its much of a defense mind) there is a picture of what you are getting attached to that story......still looks shit

I would argue that the picture looks like a brick. It's not that clear that is just a plaque. It's only shown front on and (other than the stadium) there is nothing to use as a size reference.

Archived