IGNORED

WEDLOCK WALL BRICKS - Is it a hut? (Merged)

NickJ

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:08, The Horse With No Name said:

Except then the price will be £55 (inc VAT) (plus p&p)

I wouldn't advise anyone attempting to pick theirs up in person... picking up a brick in or around a football stadium is risky nowadays and would most likely lead to a lifetime ban.. 

Safer by post. 

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Get a picture mate?

That's good to know though. Was worried it wouldn't be ready for the first game!

Definitely something to worry about.. Gosh can you imagine that?.. What a bloody disaster that'd be. 

(unless anyone has a special personal reason for needing it on that particular date of course, guess there could be overseas based exiled Reds making a rare visit for the seasons opener or something like that)

PS.. As if Bristol City/B.S.would ever be late in delivering anything.. Everything's  under control, as always, don't panic! :ermm: 

27 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Not bricks then.... 

Thought they'd be proper bricks used to build a proper wall, laid and pointed by proper brickie's, not just attached plaques on a plain wall.

(what size are they btw) 

They look much the same as the one in this photo

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/deadline-to-buy-your-wedlock-wall-brick-approaching/

But the story goes on to say that that a new wall was being built.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

They look much the same as the one in this photo

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/deadline-to-buy-your-wedlock-wall-brick-approaching/

But the story goes on to say that that a new wall was being built.

"Around 700 fans bought into the scheme and bricks will be installed in the form of a new Wedlock Wall in the Fan Village this summer."

I take that as a new "Wedlock Wall"......as in a wall will be named Wedlock wall as opposed to a new one being physically built :dunno: 

On 05/06/2018 at 15:17, NickJ said:

Fans' final opportunity to buy a brick as part of the scheme is this Thursday 

Key word here BRICK 

On 05/06/2018 at 21:20, Harry said:

Is there an artists impression, or mock up of some kind? 

Now we can see why there never was 

On 05/06/2018 at 21:43, NickJ said:

I have been looking for some sort of guarantee that if I buy a brick, it will be included in a wall, to be built any time soon. There does not appear to be any such guarantee.

Now I'm concerned 

On 05/06/2018 at 23:08, The Horse With No Name said:

Except then the price will be £55 (inc VAT) (plus p&p)

Getting angrier 

6 hours ago, Hartcliffe red said:

2018-07-26 12.24.08.jpg

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO PLEASE put me out of my misery, these are bricks aren't they? 

You will see it tonight,

I have emailed Supporter Services (see below). 

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my purchase detailed below,

I visited Ashton Gate Stadium earlier this week and was disappointed to see that the Wedlock Wall is not actually a wall. We were expecting a wall to be built, maybe a circular one around the Atyeo Statue, 

The end result has yet to been witnessed by myself, but effectively there are simply name plaques stuck onto a garage like hut - hardly that impressive is it? 

I have also noticed that the format's are random. Our 'Brick' was submitted and we assumed that Bristol Sport would decide on whether to use Capitals or Non-Capitals. It looks very bitty and I would have probably opted for Capitals had I known this:-

DAVID & ASHTON
THOMAS BOYS

I will be attending tonight's friendly against Bournemouth to see the final look but a friend of mine did say that the 'outer wall frame' has simply been painted black and a sign has been stuck on the hut saying 'Wedlock Wall'. As mentioned, I am disappointed. If the hut is the there for the long term, then I would have thought that your marketing team would have created something much better rather than using black paint for the edges? Surely some memorable artwork would have been much better to finish off the hut, pictures of Billy Wedlock, old images of Ashton Gate etc etc etc, 

I await your comments, 

Kindest Regards

David

3 minutes ago, tomo said:

I have emailed Supporter Services (see below). 

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my purchase detailed below,

I visited Ashton Gate Stadium earlier this week and was disappointed to see that the Wedlock Wall is not actually a wall. We were expecting a wall to be built, maybe a circular one around the Atyeo Statue, 

The end result has yet to been witnessed by myself, but effectively there are simply name plaques stuck onto a garage like hut - hardly that impressive is it? 

I have also noticed that the format's are random. Our 'Brick' was submitted and we assumed that Bristol Sport would decide on whether to use Capitals or Non-Capitals. It looks very bitty and I would have probably opted for Capitals had I known this:-

DAVID & ASHTON
THOMAS BOYS

I will be attending tonight's friendly against Bournemouth to see the final look but a friend of mine did say that the 'outer wall frame' has simply been painted black and a sign has been stuck on the hut saying 'Wedlock Wall'. As mentioned, I am disappointed. If the hut is the there for the long term, then I would have thought that your marketing team would have created something much better rather than using black paint for the edges? Surely some memorable artwork would have been much better to finish off the hut, pictures of Billy Wedlock, old images of Ashton Gate etc etc etc, 

I await your comments, 

Kindest Regards

David

Not sure you can hold the club accountable with regards the use of capitals. I would have thought people would have submitted what they wanted at that time and been trusted to present their legend in the way they wanted it displayed.

7 minutes ago, tomo said:

15 years and...

on the assumption that 700 fans all paid £55, that's a total revenue stream of £38,500 and we get....

A HUT with name plaques!

Disgraceful in my opinion!

what else could they put in? they can't effect the structure of the stands so it couldn't really go on the ground,

I'm not having a go just interested in suggestions,

Archived