IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

Just now, JonDolman said:

Weirdly confident we could win on pens. Got massive work to do on things though. Sterling and Kane do not link well at all. Have to sacrifice one imo. And the obvious one is sterling. Need Alli up top with Kane to link like they do for Spurs and bring in RLC. Thought stones was motm. Superb performance. 

Ali doesn't seem fully fit.

Agree about Sterling as he just doesn't seem to be at the races in this WC but not sure who would be the best option. I did like Loftus-Cheek when he came on early in the tournament snd think we would benefit from his pace and power, but not sure where he would fit - not to play up with Kane.

Thought Maguire was the best defender tonight, as he looked calm and composed. Both Stones and Walker seemed far too casual on too many occasions - they need to sharpen up considerably if we are to get much further, as I think other teams will take more advantage of a repeat of their lackadaisical defending. 

Tonight turned out to be much more of a test than it should have when we went 1-0 up and seemed in control, although weak refereeing again allowed a team to affect the game with their shenanigans and underhand tactics. Having said that for the team to come though will have done them the world of good  as they ( and the manager) know they have the bottle when the chips are down. It would have been all to easy to have capitulated after conceding that last minute equaliser.

Finally we only went and ******* done it, couldn't watch the shootout on tv too many years of seeing what seemed to be the inevitable out come have caused to much heart ache to make actually seeing it happen to much to bear, listened on the radio constantly turning down the volume then back up nervously, what a relief to finally hear Dier tuck home the winner.

HAPPY DAYS. 

1 minute ago, redcityman said:

Finally we only went and ******* done it, couldn't watch the shootout on tv too many years of seeing what seemed to be the inevitable out come have caused to much heart ache to make actually seeing it happen to much to bear, listened on the radio constantly turning down the volume then back up nervously, what a relief to finally hear Dier tuck home the winner.

HAPPY DAYS. 

I tried to miss it but could hear people outside and in the pub round the corner cheering and groaning…:englandsmile4wf:

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If everyone took pens like rashford and Kane hard and low to the side that is in before the keeper can even move then we would be unstoppable at pens 

To be fair 4 out of 5 were pretty good. Much better than the usual shite we deliver. 

Take the momentum into Sat and do Sweden in 90 mins 

Got to say that Maguire and Trippier are immense, plus very humble and grounded. Top lads, well done.

So that’ll be Rashford, Loftus Cheek and Rose please Gareth for Sterling, Dele and Young. If you do that, we have a chance.

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair 4 out of 5 were pretty good. Much better than the usual shite we deliver. 

Take the momentum into Sat and do Sweden in 90 mins 

I dont think Hendersons was that bad in fairness. Very good save.

7 minutes ago, redcityman said:

HAPPY DAYS. 

And me, couldn't watch so turned TV off. My wife said ' i think they've won'  that was it for me yessssss! Bring on the Swedes. Colombia got what they deserved. Load of filthy cynical cheating *******s.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Moments like that winning penalty are why we love this game. Imagine not liking it and missing out on all that adrenaline!

I think its because we have lost so many in the past, makes it special when we win one.

Archived