IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s about opinions and I agree that CoD would/could have started but Watkins did well enough for me. We have to remember that he and other new signings are still ‘bedding  in’ to LJs style and ot course settling in in the area but I saw enough to convince me that he’ll get better and better as the games go by.

It wasn’t down to Watkins that City started to misplace passes....that was largely down to Pack who had a ‘mare today. The bloody referee didn’t help by getting in the way.................:disapointed2se:

A first half mare, but got a lot better.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Must have watched a different match to you. That is surely as dominant a 2nd half as you will see? Chance after chance and some lovely one touch football. 

First half we also played well until they scored. Rarely does any team get a 90 minute performance in this league for it to be good for about 65 mins ain’t bad. 

Yeah - I was baffled by that appraisal too. Second half we were excellent.

There were other chances too - decent stop from Taylor shot. Couple of opportunities for a fifth at the end.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

+ Watkins appalling first touch of course.

Don't think our MotM had that great a first touch today either, especially first half - everyone is being really tough on a player who is taking time to bed in.

There was enough strength and good touches (even without the goal) to make this a ridiculous witch hunt.

Good performance to top off a good run of results and calm the doubters, including me. 

But will the international break bring about the usual slump in form when we recomence? I hope not. If we can carry on picking up more points than we drop it would be an encouraging sign that LJ is getting it right. Fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Don't think our MotM had that great a first touch today either, especially first half - everyone is being really tough on a player who is taking time to bed in.

There was enough strength and good touches (even without the goal) to make this a ridiculous witch hunt.

Firstly who was MotM?, because I have no idea, although a couple of weeks ago it was given miraculously to Paterson.

Secondly I think you are being over dramatic, it's not a witch hunt, it's exactly what I and many others have witnessed today and in other games, it is our opinion based on what we have seen.

As I said earlier I expect and I hope that is better to come, what is wrong with that?

* I will concede one thing he has far more steel in his game than said Paterson.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Firstly who was MotM?, because I have no idea, although a couple of weeks ago it was given miraculously to Paterson.

Secondly I think you are being over dramatic, it's not a witch hunt, it's exactly what I and many others have witnessed today and in other games, it is our opinion based on what we seen.

As I said earlier I expect and I hope that is better to come, what is wrong with that?

Matty Taylor MOM. Quite rightly, links a whole lot of the play together and is a right pest.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Secondly I think you are being over dramatic, it's not a witch hunt, it's exactly what I and many others have witnessed today and in other games, it is our opinion based on what we have seen.

Taylor was MOTM

12 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Matty Taylor MOM. Quite rightly, links a whole lot of the play together and is a right pest.

Indeed. 

He harried and hustled all game constantly putting pressure on the Blackburn defence. A goal would have rounded off a good day for MT.

Well deserved MoM.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I think your summary is some what wide of the mark.

We started excellently and could have gone 2 or 3 up. They then scored an absolute freak goal that in truth should t have stood. I admit we then didn't play too well most likely due to the shock of conceding such a freak goal plus having loads of dodgy decisions go against us.

We finally got back into the game and never looked back. We could have scored 6/7/8/9.

Well according to Tony Mowbray the result was cruel, they shouldve been 3up at H/T and we never troubled them. 

Funny old game when you’re blind on the touchline aint it! 

7 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

EFL championship goals show on Sky Sports Football now. I assume this is the first highlights show for Sunday matches, with online to follow 

The video is there just says unavailable when you click on it 

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Well according to Tony Mowbray the result was cruel, they shouldve been 3up at H/T and we never troubled them. 

Seriously, I know managers are notoriously one-eyed, but HTF can he say we never troubled them when we scored FOUR goals. 

10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Well when you only get 2 shots on target and you think you should be 3 up and the opposition have 11 shots on target and score 4 then over 90 mins Mr Mowbray you are going to come out the wrong side of a result but who am I to comment on your view of the game

12 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Shots on target 11 v 2...... northern monkey talking shit shocker

Some in the Blackburn forum being disrespectful. 

“These sides?! or you for f..ing real.  this is bristol city,  an average championship side that might flirt with the idea of play offs at times but fall short and finish around 7th to 12th.   jesus christ if we cant compete with bristol city lets give up and go home”

better give up and go home then :D

really amazes me people can say things like that after we have tonked them. 

Just now, Southport Red said:

“These sides?! or you for f..ing real.  this is bristol city,  an average championship side that might flirt with the idea of play offs at times but fall short and finish around 7th to 12th.   jesus christ if we cant compete with bristol city lets give up and go home”

There are dicks on every forum, and to be honest, his summary is not far off!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Their away support is usually decent, and in comparison (not numbers) outweighs their home support.

In what way.  What do you expect from him in his position, and what do you think he didn’t achieve today?  Interested.

Didn’t do anything with the ball.  No end product apart from his goal. Was slow and very unproductive .Thought Elliason achieved a lot more in the same position.

Hopefully he can improve.

4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I reckon that if you put the views of fans of every there cub together we are the only average club in the division - the  rest are better than us.

Archived