IGNORED

Bristol Citys Social Media (Merged)

ChippenhamRed

44 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Who pays £100 for what is essentially a supermarket own-brand coat? Madness.

At a guess I would say the club gets them for less than half of this, probably about £40 if that. But they are then sold to fans to subsidise the ones given to staff as part of their uniform/kit. This goes for most other items of clothing too. That’s why the stuff is so expensive. Just a guess, but I don’t think I’m too wide of the mark. Coats like this are usually pretty good quality, but not worth £100 imo. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

At a guess I would say the club gets them for less than half of this, probably about £40 if that. But they are then sold to fans to subsidise the ones given to staff as part of their uniform/kit. This goes for most other items of clothing too. That’s why the stuff is so expensive. Just a guess, but I don’t think I’m too wide of the mark. Coats like this are usually pretty good quality, but not worth £100 imo. 

Personally I think if that jacket didn't have a City logo on it, it would be about £30-40 in Sport Direct or Tesco.  It's a very basic bog standard jacket. I understand the reasons for producing our own stuff, but the problem is they are selling it for the same price as well known brands such as Nike, Adidas or Under Armour with a reputation for a certain level of quality.  I can't see any justification for that.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I think if that jacket didn't have a City logo on it, it would be about £30-40 in Sport Direct or Tesco.  It's a very basic bog standard jacket. I understand the reasons for producing our own stuff, but the problem is they are selling it for the same price as well known brands such as Nike, Adidas or Under Armour with a reputation for a certain level of quality.  I can't see any justification for that.

I agree. I thought one of the positives with going in house was that the items would be cheaper as we were cutting out the middle man and not buying a ‘name’. We wanted more control over designs too, this has been hit and miss across all our sports under the BS umbrella. I think the quality has improved this season, but as you say we are being offered coats etc on par with branded items, probably thinking that fans will buy anything with a City/rugby logo on it regardless.

Edit: I think we have strayed somewhat from the social media topic...so to get back on track I’m wondering what marketing ploy Twitter will have to get us to part with our cash on coats and other seasonal items/gifts :blink:

Think everyone needs to just go wipe their tears away and man the **** up honestly...

They're trying something a little different, some of it will work, some of it won't. WIthout trying it you don't know. Out of curiosity I'm going to guess most people with an issue on how it's run are mid-20s+ in age. Maybe they feel pretty good about that demographic and are trying to pull in a younger crowd too?

The face-tattooed model photos of the kits were shit though ?

On 05/11/2018 at 23:35, KINGERS said:

I don't usually post my content on the forum as I have never been one to push my videos on people. However I feel the video I have created below is one worth sharing with yourselves.

There is major frustration surrounding the social media team and the content that has been produced by them over the past few months, I have tried to be open and honest and give positives where they are due as well as criticisms. 

The first half of the video runs through content currently being produced by the club and my thoughts on this. With the second half which starts at around 9:20 running through ideas that I feel would bring more value to us as fans. I'm really interested to know your thoughts and opinions and how you would change things in the media department.

Thanks KINGERS 

https://youtu.be/Ncui0KeoSQY

Give this guy a job.  @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO should forward this video.

11 hours ago, TBW said:

Think everyone needs to just go wipe their tears away and man the **** up honestly...

No one is 'crying' about anything, just discussing why the club have decided to make our most viewed internet presence so juvenile.

They're trying something a little different, some of it will work, some of it won't. WIthout trying it you don't know. Out of curiosity I'm going to guess most people with an issue on how it's run are mid-20s+ in age. Maybe they feel pretty good about that demographic and are trying to pull in a younger crowd too?#

For the record, this was first bought to my attention by two relatives - aged 14 and 21. They find it highly embarrassing. This sort of approach basically hits no demographic - no one wants this. Young people don't visit '@BristolCity' for this sort of thing. They go there, understandably, for news on Bristol City. They have other (genuinely funny) places to go for jokes.

The face-tattooed model photos of the kits were shit though ?

Yes! What was that about?!

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

So I’ve heard the tweeting has been toned down over the past 3 days. Any confirmation from someone that still follows them? 

There doesn’t seem to have been as much silliness the last few days. They’ve just tweeted this with no random pictures this morning.  

85C6D4A3-625C-445B-8A57-97C02C0D66AA.png

On 06/11/2018 at 12:50, Dollymarie said:

Basketball background by all accounts, and not originally from Bristol.  

I did think the official account had sunk to an all time low a few weeks back, when it responded to a tweet telling someone to “grow up,” not exactly professional really. ?

Dave Barton - Head of Bristol City Media - is a Rugby man, worked for RFU and British Lions.  Studied at Lancaster, and was Rugby man for Western Daily Press in his early days, covering Exeter and Plymouth predominantly.

Joel Osborne - Head of Bristol Flyers Media - is a basketball man - he started the gifs with The Flyers and brought the idea to City last season.  Very few disliked the gifs....brought great attention.  From Dorchester, went to UWE.  A really friendly, likeable guy.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dave Barton - Head of Bristol City Media - is a Rugby man, worked for RFU and British Lions.  Studied at Lancaster, and was Rugby man for Western Daily Press in his early days, covering Exeter and Plymouth predominantly.

Joel Osborne - Head of Bristol Flyers Media - is a basketball man - he started the gifs with The Flyers and brought the idea to City last season.  Very few disliked the gifs....brought great attention.  From Dorchester, went to UWE.  A really friendly, likeable guy.

The person @Dollymarieis referring to is not Joel Osborne but someone totally different. Joel has nothing to do with our mess. Just wanted to clear this up.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

There doesn’t seem to have been as much silliness the last few days. They’ve just tweeted this with no random pictures this morning.  

85C6D4A3-625C-445B-8A57-97C02C0D66AA.png

Probably because they can’t find any comedy value in Preston’s name!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The person @Dollymarieis referring to is not Joel Osborne but someone totally different. Joel has nothing to do with our mess. Just wanted to clear this up.

“She” (!!!) was a water-polo player I believe.  Is that who Dolls is referring to?

Ed Lewis I think is a Bristol boy...went to Clifton College at least.

James Crawley is from Gloucester and former CTFC press officer.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

“She” (!!!) was a water-polo player I believe.  Is that who Dolls is referring to?

Ed Lewis I think is a Bristol boy...went to Clifton College at least.

James Crawley is from Gloucester and former CTFC press officer.

Nope. My info was that it was a bloke who’s background was in basketball and came from the South East. 

Archived