IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

27 minutes ago, Verloc said:

This is true. Think he was on a family holiday when the appointment was announced. He didn't rush back, which he's perfectly entitled to do, but perhaps didn't create the greatest of first impressions. In all honesty, appointing him in the first place was probably the biggest mistake, because he'd been very critical of Revie and a number of the players in the past. Johnny Giles was Revie's recommendation, but the Directors didn't want to upset Bremner, who they knew would want the job.

Clough was the obvious choice, best manager around at the time, player power won the day though, that was the start of Leeds’ decline, in saying that they were robbed in the European cup final, Leeds were the best supported ‘other team’ in Bristol in those days

14 minutes ago, harrys said:

I work with a guy who tried to buy 3 tickets for himself and two young sons this morning but couldn’t get three together so that’s three customers lost, if only there were some extra seats in the Atyeo.................

I guess you missed my reply earlier. 

The reason there's no seats in the Atyeo is because of some idiots at the Swansea game. If it hadn't been for them, plus the damage Leeds fans did last season, then Leeds would have the whole stand anyway... 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I guess you missed my reply earlier. 

The reason there's no seats in the Atyeo is because of some idiots at the Swansea game. If it hadn't been for them, plus the damage Leeds fans did last season, then Leeds would have the whole stand anyway... 

I think we should put more trust in the Leeds fans. if we ever get to the Premiership we will be using the Atyeo for an overspill of City fans for every game

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just 8 tickets remain on sale.

Now just these

image.png

It's a shame we don't offer a resale scheme as we all know there will be plenty of empty seats all around the ground from those who could not make it

• Admin
6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

@JBFC II IS that fact or your opinion?

I've read from Julie why Leeds had a smaller allocation, but see no mention anywhere about the Swansea game affecting the stand being split into two groups of supporters

10 minutes ago, harrys said:

Clough was the obvious choice, best manager around at the time, player power won the day though, that was the start of Leeds’ decline, in saying that they were robbed in the European cup final, Leeds were the best supported ‘other team’ in Bristol in those days

Clough probably was the best manager around at the time, I agree. He was also young though, and I think he might have handled things differently if he had been a bit older and a bit wiser. He needed to get the players on his side, but instead chose to rubbish them. Experienced professionals, who had already won a lot of honours in the game, were not going to take kindly to that approach. He was also without Peter Taylor, of course, who would no doubt have helped him in that respect. 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

@JBFC II IS that fact or your opinion?

I've read from Julie why Leeds had a smaller allocation, but see no mention anywhere about the Swansea game affecting the stand being split into two groups of supporters

It's my opinion but I'd imagine it's based off of fact to an extent. 

The Swansea game shows that with a large away following there can be trouble and so I'd imagine the club are taking extra steps to ensure safety off the back of it

10 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Clough probably was the best manager around at the time, I agree. He was also young though, and I think he might have handled things differently if he had been a bit older and a bit wiser. He needed to get the players on his side, but instead chose to rubbish them. Experienced professionals, who had already won a lot of honours in the game, were not going to take kindly to that approach. He was also without Peter Taylor, of course, who would no doubt have helped him in that respect. 

How factually accurate is "The Damned United"?

Great film either way

29 minutes ago, myol'man said:

How factually accurate is "The Damned United"?

Great film either way

The film (from memory) is much lighter than the book (which is really quite dark). The book is obviously based on factual events, but then David Peace "imagines" what is going on inside the minds of the leading characters. I think this is where he moves into the realms of fantasy. You'll probably be aware that Giles took legal action against Peace over his portrayal and got him to remove certain parts that were simply untrue. Peace is an Huddersfield Town supporter and dislikes Leeds with a vengeance anyway. Clough's family too were unhappy with his portrayal of their father/grandfather as someone with a drink problem, because they say he simply didn't have one at that point in his life. Tbh, I'm not sure how Peace gets away with the "novels" he writes. Possibly by waiting until many of the leading characters have died, so they're not around to defend themselves or sue him?

38 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Looks like a home sell-out.  I managed to log on earlier today and buy a dolman seat ticket that wasn't listed for sale yesterday, don't know where it popped up from.

Should be a cracking atmosphere, can't bloody wait. 

Likely a Leeds fan who got rumbled eh! :laughcont:

However yeah, should be a great game and atmosphere Saturday.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Now showing as SOLD OUT

4 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

W6 has all of a sudden got 76 seats available. I'm guessing group tickets or something that haven't been used.

A bit odd at this stage?

image.png

image.png

Not good for people who were looking for seats together that couldn't find any, now boom !

image.png

10 were sold in the time I screen shot this !!

image.png

1 minute ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Why do we always seem to release extra tickets once it has apparently ‘sold out’? 

Now if I was the cynical type,I’d say they were trying to get rid of all  the remaining single tickets dotted around the ground,but as I’m not,I won’t ?

That's bloody annoying, those extra seats would have been better than the single I've purchased at the top corner of the Dolman, and I told a mate he couldn't go as it was the last seat left.

Bit crap, if you ask me.  Anyone care to link Matt Parsons and ask why this happens?  I'm not sure how to link to a person's name.

Anyone from BCFC listening??

A friends of mine just spent 45 totally frustrating minutes on the Bristol Sport website trying to give the club £80 for tickets for the Leeds game.

After 45 minutes they have given up submitting over and over again their details, for seats the club has for sale.

And these are IT literate folk, who regularly use the internet, and ticket buying websites.

Have a ****ing word with yourselves, BCFC.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

A bit odd at this stage?

image.png

image.png

Not good for people who were looking for seats together that couldn't find any, now boom !

image.png

10 were sold in the time I screen shot this !!

image.png

....... these are some that you can't buy even with credit card in hand, as of thirty minutes ago!!!

Fantastic to get a sell out. However we know that an awful lot of ST holders don't turn up for one reason or another , particularly in the South Stand.

I see no reason why the Club cant resale these tickets when advised by ST holders. Must be possible top get a system in place where ST holders get some kind of credit for doing this . Extra revenue for the Club and more bums on seats.

Top clubs never seem to have this problem with no empty seats on view. Come on City , sort it out.

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

That's bloody annoying, those extra seats would have been better than the single I've purchased at the top corner of the Dolman, and I told a mate he couldn't go as it was the last seat left.

Bit crap, if you ask me.  Anyone care to link Matt Parsons and ask why this happens?  I'm not sure how to link to a person's name.

Mate and his 2 kids would have went as well, but aren't bothering now as none were showing up together yesterday.

27 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Tell them to get on the site quick before those extra tickets disappear!

They have arranged to do something different now so it's lost money for the club, releasing tickets how they are is ridiculous imo. If people are happy to sit on their own they will pick a seat on their own when that is all that is left. When they are not releasing seats together it is will put people off going especially parents with kid(s). Miss out this week and they may not go as frequently, get a few seats together and they may go next game as well....

• Admin
20 minutes ago, wood_red said:

They have arranged to do something different now so it's lost money for the club, releasing tickets how they are is ridiculous imo. If people are happy to sit on their own they will pick a seat on their own when that is all that is left. When they are not releasing seats together it is will put people off going especially parents with kid(s). Miss out this week and they may not go as frequently, get a few seats together and they may go next game as well....

Sadly the club won't give a monkeys, they'll sell the tickets to someone else 

But agree questions need to be asked about how the club sell tickets 

Archived