IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

It's not as simple as that.

In our last Saturday home game we had 20,000 home fans in. Saturday we will have about 22,000, so obviously it being on a weekend rather than midweek is a factor.

The home game before that on a Saturday - 19,200 home fans, whereas our last two midweek home games we've had about 18,500.

Not just about the opposition, it's about convenience and the magnitude of the game.

Back in August and December, can you really not see that the size of this game is far bigger than either of them two?

Norwich were top when we played them and we didn't even have 20k. 

We played Leeds last season when they were mid table and we had 24.5k there, more than any league game last season bar wolves. 

They are a big draw and they attract more neutral fans than any side in this league (bar maybe villa) 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We played Leeds last season when they were mid table and we had 24.5k there, more than any league game last season bar wolves. 

They are a big draw and they attract more neutral fans than any side in this league (bar maybe villa) 

Leeds weren't "midtable" when we played them, they were 6th and we were 4th.

Shall I spell it out for you? Leeds had 3,717 fans at Ashton Gate, the attendance was 24,435 meaning we had 20,722 home fans in attendance.

Our net home fans average last season was 19,458 in the league so again only 1,000 extra people turned up, which mainly will have been due to convenience of it being on a Saturday and not a midweek game, which brings down the average.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Leeds are still a big draw, no matter where they are in the league. We'll be back to hoping for 20k on Tuesday

Further research:

Bristol City net home attendance average 2016/17 - 17,874.

Bristol City home fans in attendance vs Leeds - 17,634.

Big draw.

31 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Further research:

Bristol City net home attendance average 2016/17 - 17,874.

Bristol City home fans in attendance vs Leeds - 17,634.

Big draw.

Oh joy, here  we go again, the forum idiot is spouting nonsense again

Do you really need this stat explaining to you? I'll give you a clue with two words . . . . CAPACITY / SEGREGATION

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Oh joy, here  we go again, the forum idiot is spouting nonsense again

Do you really need this stat explaining to you? I'll give you a clue with two words . . . . CAPACITY / SEGREGATION

Go on then chopsy, explain what you mean.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Go on then chopsy, explain what you mean.

Because of the extra segregation required for the Leeds game that season, seats that normally would have been available were lost and so we had a lower attendance... 

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Because of the extra segregation required for the Leeds game that season, seats that normally would have been available were lost and so we had a lower attendance... 

In 16/17? Stop chatting bollocks, there were circa 19,500 in the ground, Leeds didn't sell their allocation out, and the home ends were nowhere near selling out.

Last season Leeds had 3,700, so that means there were a couple of thousand unsold seats in the home ends.

I'm really looking forward to his response.

5 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

In 16/17? Stop chatting bollocks, there were circa 19,500 in the ground, Leeds didn't sell their allocation out, and the home ends were nowhere near selling out.

Last season Leeds had 3,700, so that means there were a couple of thousand unsold seats in the Atyeo.

I'm really looking forward to his response.

Unless I'm mistaken, that was a Tuesday night game on the tele, hence why there was a low crowd. 

The fact you don't quite understand that Leeds are still a big draw (hence why two of our last 3 24k plus league crowds have been against them, is pretty odd. 

If we were playing Sheffield united this Saturday we wouldn't have sold out, yet we have for Leeds... 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that was a Tuesday night game on the tele, hence why there was a low crowd. 

The fact you don't quite understand that Leeds are still a big draw (hence why two of our last 3 24k plus league crowds have been against them, is pretty odd. 

If we were playing Sheffield united this Saturday we wouldn't have sold out, yet we have for Leeds... 

It wasn't on tele.

I've given you a breakdown in facts as to why the gates against Leeds were 24k, they're bloated by Leeds away numbers as I have proven.

If this game Saturday was against the Blades it would have sold out as well I've no doubt.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It wasn't on tele.

I've given you a breakdown in facts as to why the gates against Leeds were 24k, they're bloated by Leeds away numbers as I have proven.

If this game Saturday was against the Blades it would have sold out as well I've no doubt.

And we still had 21k home fans in the ground, more than our average for that season....

It's pretty clear that Leeds draw more fans to the ground, whether you like it or not. This season and last season have shown that

There may be a million reasons why this is (including not every match having been played, of course) but to date we're quite a way ahead of the 'away attendances' league. That said Birmingham are second, so probably not necessarily a conclusive answer.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances/away

Average Attendance - Away Matches
1 Leeds United   23,113
2 Birmingham City   21,615
3 West Bromwich Albion   20,978
4 Derby County   20,949
5 Nottingham Forest   20,671
6 Stoke City   20,558
7 Brentford   20,535
8 Ipswich Town   20,477
9 Preston North End   20,272
10 Aston Villa   20,166
11 Sheffield United   19,849
12 Norwich City   19,829
13 Queens Park Rangers   19,807
14 Bolton Wanderers   19,794
15 Wigan Athletic   19,741
16 Sheffield Wednesday   19,550
17 Swansea City   19,398
18 Middlesbrough   19,102
19 Reading   19,060
20 Rotherham United   18,910
21 Blackburn Rovers   18,837
22 Hull City   18,631
23 Bristol City   18,459
24 Millwall   17,794

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And we still had 21k home fans in the ground, more than our average for that season....

It's pretty clear that Leeds draw more fans to the ground, whether you like it or not. This season and last season have shown that

Is it not also the case that home ticket sales are restricted to people on the club's database? I always think that must be a pain in the bum because not everyone buys online etc and it does tend to stop people coming at the last minute or with friends who perhaps might be enticed at short notice?

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yes, because it was a top six clash on a Saturday, they weren't midtable as you suggested. The season before that we had less than our average home fans in because it was a Tuesday game, the Saturday games slightly above, that's generally how it works.

What you're failing to grasp are that games around sides around us and midweek games bring the average down, we had 21k or more home fans in against Sheffield United, Wolves, Sunderland, Reading and Brentford as well — because of the opposition presumably, in your mind?

5 minutes ago, SR1 said:

There may be a million reasons why this is (including not every match having been played, of course) but to date we're quite a way ahead of the 'away attendances' league. That said Birmingham are second, so probably not necessarily a conclusive answer.

1 Leeds United   23,113
4 Derby County   20,949
6 Stoke City   20,558
7 Brentford   20,535
8 Ipswich Town   20,477
10 Aston Villa   20,166
12 Norwich City   19,829
17 Swansea City   19,398
19 Reading   19,060
22 Hull City   18,631
23 Bristol City   18,459
24 Millwall   17,794

Burton were top of the same table last season because their shite home attendances dragged everyone else's away average down

9 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Is it not also the case that home ticket sales are restricted to people on the club's database? I always think that must be a pain in the bum because not everyone buys online etc and it does tend to stop people coming at the last minute or with friends who perhaps might be enticed at short notice?

News to me if true!

Certainly we don't sell POTD to away fans, but wasn't aware of any such restrictions for home fans.

11 minutes ago, SR1 said:

1 Leeds United   23,113
4 Derby County   20,949
6 Stoke City   20,558
7 Brentford   20,535
8 Ipswich Town   20,477
10 Aston Villa   20,166
12 Norwich City   19,829
17 Swansea City   19,398
19 Reading   19,060
22 Hull City   18,631
23 Bristol City   18,459
24 Millwall   17,794

All that tells you is that Leeds take big away numbers everywhere which bloats the attendance which is what JBFC is failing to grasp when looking at our attendances against you, he just looks at the figure of 24,500, not beyond it.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yes, because it was a top six clash on a Saturday, they weren't midtable as you suggested. The season before that we had less than our average home fans in because it was a Tuesday game, the Saturday games slightly above, that's generally how it works.

What you're failing to grasp are that games around sides around us and midweek games bring the average down, we had 21k or more home fans in against Sheffield United, Wolves, Sunderland, Reading and Brentford as well — because of the opposition presumably, in your mind?

Sheffield united was the last game of the season, which is always a large crowd. 

Wolves was a new years game, 2nd v 1st with a sell out away end, of course that was going to be a big crowd. 

Sunderland are a big club and one we hadn't played for a while, and there was still a buzz around the place due to the fact we were still pushing for promotion at that point, hence why the big crowd. 

Reading was a boxing day game, which again always draws in a large crowd. 

Brentford was a bring two friends for a tenner each game, and so obviously more tickets were sold. 

So really none of them are comparable to Leeds this Saturday, or last season for that matter. 

Anyway I'm bored of this tbh, you can keep believing that we'd have sold out this Saturday no matter who the opposition was, I'm really not bothered... 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Anyway I'm bored of this tbh, you can keep believing that we'd have sold out this Saturday no matter who the opposition was, I'm really not bothered... 

I'm sure you are, you're usually trying to initiate discussion constantly but I suppose when your point doesn't hold up you'd rather leave it.

Fine by me.

7 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

All that tells you is that Leeds take big away numbers everywhere which bloats the attendance which is what JBFC is failing to grasp when looking at our attendances against you, he just looks at the figure of 24,500, not beyond it.

That wouldn't explain Derby and Birmingham in particular who are relatively poorly followed away from home.

But yes, as I said, it's purely circumstantial.

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Tbf the Norwich game was live on Sky with a 5.30pm kick off so probably not the best example to use regarding the attendance.

I certainly wouldn't rule out some of our idiots damaging stuff in the concourse/toilets etc. I've seen it myself although generally it's coked/pissed up younger fans swinging on supports etc while chanting and getting some songs going that are responsible. Nevertheless damage is damage.

But somewhat provocatively I'd suggest that 2,600 of us will be able to do quite a bit of damage if we want. It won't take another 1,000! It does seem strange as I'm sure any damage and extra policing wouldn't cost the equivalent of the lost ticket price, food and beer (if sold etc). Possibly £35,000 left on the table there.

Different clubs, police and advisory groups have totally different attitudes it seems. Reading is nothing to do with us. 2,100 is all anyone gets while the 200 or so Reading Club 1871 members rattle around the other 2,500 seats hugging to keep warm. If anything clubs have increased our allocations where possible. Blackburn up to 8,000, Boro from 2,900 to 4,500, QPR the full end of 3,100 (twice, once in the FA Cup), and Preston are sending the full 5,500 across the Pennines without a murmur.

Actually come to think of it Derby reduced our allocation from 2,800 to 2,000 allegedly because Derby Station was shut due to engineering works. That really was a strange one.

But overall clubs seem happy to give us more when they can, so unless we're particularly unruly at Bristol City compared to other grounds I can only presume that the powers that be bottled it.

On 04/03/2019 at 20:51, The Red Planet said:

Verloc. Obviously I hope we beat you on Saturday but I have you nailed on for auto promotion with (I think) Sheff U

Leeds is a club that (obviously) should be in the PL. 

I am old enough to remember seeing the famous Don Revie Leeds side of the late 1970's at Ashton Gate when we were both in the old 1st Division. Just after I started supporting City. 

That squad included Norman (bite yer leg) Hunter and Joe Jordan - both of whom would play for us in the twilight of their careers. 

And who could forget Billy Bremner ? 

BCFC have come a long way since our famous successive demotions from the old 1st Div to Div 4 in the 1980's.

Might be wrong, but I don't think any other club has ever done that.

We now have a redeveloped stadium fit for the PL.

Apart from my prediction about Auto for you, I think we will just sneak into the play-offs and beat Norwich in the final ! 

Which would put right the sad fact that there has never been a PL club in the South-West of England, 

See you at Elland Rd in the PL next season ! 

AND may there be no trouble at AG on Saturday. Could do without that after just 200 or so  idiots from Swansea caused a load of trouble at our place. 

No they aren't.

No club should be at any level other than the one determined by their most recent finishing position.

On 04/03/2019 at 17:47, JBFC II said:

No, it can't be right. 

There's just over 100 tickets left in the home ends, which is less than there were yesterday. 

So unless 400 plus tickets have been sold in the past day, I'd say it is rather unlikely. 

I'd say 50-100 Leeds fans bought tickets in the home ends and have been stripped of them. With probably another 100 doing so under false names/emails so as not to get caught

Here you are —

The decision to revoke tickets for any match is not one which is taken lightly and we only do this once we have positive confirmation from opposing clubs that individuals are indeed on their database.

The safety of everybody who visits Ashton Gate is paramount and we must take every reasonable step to avoid anything which puts it at risk.

Our Head of Safety and Security received credible intelligence that several hundred Leeds United supporters had managed to purchase tickets in the home end of Ashton Gate. We provided a list of people who had never purchased tickets here at Ashton Gate before to Leeds United who then cross referenced this with their database of supporters.

Once Leeds United had confirmed people who are on their database a decision was made to revoke all tickets attached to those bookings in accordance with English Football League (EFL) regulations.

Regulation 1 of the Football Ground Regulations issued by the EFL states notwithstanding the purchase of a ticket, any police officer or steward may refuse entry or eject from the ground any person whose presence within the ground is or could be in the Clubs reasonable opinion constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

Regulation 18 states: Any individual who has entered any part of the ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the ground for either the purpose of his own safety or any other reason.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that anyone on the Leeds database has a connection with the club and we are refusing entry.  In addition, anyone deemed to be a Leeds supporter, found in a home area on the day will be ejected without refund. 

I appreciate this is not the outcome which you were hoping for but the decision of our Head of Safety and Security adheres to EFL regulation and is final and there is no further mechanism to appeal this decision.

This is our full and final response on this matter and any further replies about ticket revocation will be kept on record.

Cheers.

29 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

If several hundred have been revoked from Leeds does that mean those seats will not be resold and will be empty, otherwise there would be 2 tickets in circulation if resold?

Of course they’d be resold, not rocket science, why wouldn’t they be. 

Archived