IGNORED

Membership for the upstairs bar in the Sports Bar

screech

34 minutes ago, screech said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out how to become a member of the upstairs bar within the Sports bar, don't know if it has a particular name so am struggling to find out.

Thanks in advance.

You could join SC&T. The club is above the sports bar although the actual bar is often understaffed. Warm pasties and meat pies are available.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

You could join SC&T. The club is above the sports bar although the actual bar is often always understaffed. Warm pasties and meat pies are available.

Alas, the counter area just isn't big enough and the staffing insufficient for the number of people it has to serve, hence people often head downstairs for their pint rather than queue. Nice bar though.

• Admin
1 hour ago, screech said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out how to become a member of the upstairs bar within the Sports bar, don't know if it has a particular name so am struggling to find out.

Thanks in advance.

@screech which area do you mean, the one that overlooks the bar area, or the smaller area to the left as you get to the top of the stairs?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, screech said:

Smaller to the left up the stairs.

That is the Supporters Club and Trust bar area, you need to become a member on one of the scales on here http://bristolcitysupporters.org/supporter-info/

@Dollymarie can fill you in on any other questions you have

I used to go in there before the game but got too busy (a victim of its own success), but always go in there after the game and meet with friends sat around different parts of the ground, let the crowds die down and then move on somewhere else

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You could join SC&T. The club is above the sports bar although the actual bar is often understaffed. Warm pasties and meat pies are available.

I was curious as to what it was like in the upstairs bar and I was a member of SC&T (not sure if I still am or not) and was refused entry as I didn't have a photo card ID. This was during the first season of it opening.

Never bothered again.

The entire bar area including the bars upstairs should be open to all supporters imo and so should the seating - do away with the kitchen and open it up further.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Based upon last season, just buy a pizza. Lansdown members were very poorly treated in this area supposedly set aside for their use.

Tables were set up for food service and used as an overflow for the restaurant downstairs resulting in minimal seating for Lansdown Club members. 

This. Treated very poorly indeed, paid a fair whack for the Lansdown Membership and the last 4/5 home games most of the tables were reserved for the Restaurants overflow so was told to give up our seats. Seen plenty of others being told to make way aswell.

Absolutely no chance was I going to be moving.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I had noticed that Phantom hadn’t been in the SC&T club much pre match last season............:cool2:

Problem was by the time we got the train and walked down to the ground the bar was usually quite full. Otherwise it would mean travelling up an hour earlier just to get a seat

It's much easier to pub crawl to the ground and then head in there after the game now

Archived