IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

Not brave enough on the ball and oh so fragile under pressure. Mind you, both goals were self inflicted following a poor header from Brownhill for the first and Palmer's powder puff challenge leading to the free kick for the second. Diedhiou for Palmer at HT and let's claw our way back and play with width. Fingers crossed. ?

That first half really does not suggest Weimann can play up top on his own. He is not that quick, not slow, but not super fast for his lack of strength to not be a problem. He gets outmuscled, but does not have the pace to get away from someone like Ajayi.

Like I said the other day we a shadow of the team we were 2 seasons ago. We’ve slowly become more and more negative hence we don’t look like scoring and guess what when you struggle to score the whole team is under pressure. Let’s be honest we’ve struggled this season, we’re in the mix but not because we’ve played well. In fact I’m struggling to remember when we last played well, by that I mean we go out and set out our stall and try and win. 

Hopefully we have a better second half, but what I really want is for us to seriously look for a striker in January, play with intent and don’t start with COD.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We lose football matches. I can take that . But have a ******* go 

Exactly. We have given them far too much respect and look to be set up all wrong. With the CoD injury it gives us little option, better just keep the score respectable perhaps?

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

When in your red eyed opinion did we last play well 

Not for ages. That wasn't what I was getting at. I can't follow the match closely as I'm at work abroad. Was asking someone who has if they thought it was as bad as the Leeds game?

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Imagine how good we could be if we picked a system which accommodated our best players. 

Mad concept I know!

I don't think any full back can cope comfortably with Eliasson. I don't really get this system we use. I know we have been unbeaten for a while, but we never seem to play well.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m a big fan of Palmer, I’ve been screaming for him to start for a long time, but this, without w shadow of a doubt was the least appropriate game for him to play in. 

He's great in games when he gets time and space, but when against teams that press quickly he gets found out. You can't do much when you've got a least 2 or 3 converging on you really quickly, but moving the ball on faster might create a bit of space behind him.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think any full back can cope comfortably with Eliasson. I don't really get this system we use. I know we have been unbeaten for a while, but we never seem to play well.

And I think that’s the issue with some fans’ unrest. We’ve been shit for ages, but picking up lucky points. 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Can I ask, did you watch the Leeds game in August?

Because if it's worse than that, I can only begin to imagine how bad it is.

Yes unfortunately I did see that and that was bad. But being first game of the season and new players I give it the benefit of doubt. 17 games into the season This performance is the worst for me

Archived