IGNORED

Latest BEP on Palmer

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Formation wise, for me to fit Palmer in, you need two good defensive/holding midfielders to pick up the slack Palmer causes,

we don’t have one,

the best formation for him to play in for me is a 4-2-3-1

4 at the back 2 holding players two attacking wingers/wide players and Palmer in the middle behind the striker staying in the final third 

I guess 4411 and 4231 aren’t that different, depends on how high your wide players play. I’m just old fashioned ???

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Interesting nugget from GMcG in his latest story on Nketiah. Although he’s said before that Kasey Palmer has put a word in re coming to BS3, the story today confirms that but also links in that Palmer is now more settled at City (see attached).

I can’t believe that playing in FACR3 when many are rested would cause Palmer to be settled. The third point is interesting though.

So, was last week a non story, is the below what’s happened since or has GMcG been asked to kill the prior story by BCFC by putting something positive out there?

F23047E4-5280-4A26-98B0-53FFA112069F.jpeg

What a load of bollocks!

So Palmer played in a crappy cup game, and then LJ stood in front of the players to tell them how good Palmer is, all is now good? That would be embarrassing if it was a story in primary school!

Basically he made up a non-story last week about Palmer talking bollocks about us to his mate and now he is back tracking.

What an idiot!

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nope. I mean Source. Singular. 

Do you think GMG was given information by players, their entourage, senior coaching staff, senior admin staff & others? If so, then a somewhat obtuse local reporter has been approached by at least 5 different people saying exactly the same things. Highly doubtful. 

More likely that one source has fed all of this to GMG and intimated it’s come from 5 different people. 

And my guess is that BCFC know who that person is and my guess is also that there is still some blowback to come on this. 

Maybe others backed it up? Regardless of how many, I'm stunned that he printed that aspect in the first instance!

When you put it like that, yeah quite possibly...will be intriguing to see how it plays out.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe others backed it up? Regardless of how many, I'm stunned that he printed that aspect in the first instance!

When you put it like that, yeah quite possibly...will be intriguing to see how it plays out.

I’m not, it’s about par for the post these days

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Formation wise, for me to fit Palmer in, you need two good defensive/holding midfielders to pick up the slack Palmer causes,

we don’t have one,

the best formation for him to play in for me is a 4-2-3-1

4 at the back 2 holding players two attacking wingers/wide players and Palmer in the middle behind the striker staying in the final third 

I think Nagy and Massengo can play the role but not together. We don’t have the the enforcer type to play it imo so yes agree about 4231 and Palmer. 

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Depends on whether you want two banks of four

or 2-3-1

Personally I’d prefer my wide “2” to start deeper (so more as a 4). My feeling is that in a 4231, the likes of Nic and Callum starting positions are too high and therefore too far away from joining up with their respective Full-Backs and CMs, both with and w/o the ball. 

But if they’re intelligent they should be able to do both depending on the pattern of play.

I fo wonder whether LJ’s patterns of play are too rigid, eg when tge ball is here you must be there, irrespective of situation and opponent positions. It is why I think organised teams press us so easily.

The best fluidity I saw this season within a framework was Brum away and Derby away.

Brum - Nagy and Brownhill so fluid and yet responsible to break lines either with the ball or by creating angles to free Palmer.

Same with Derby but this time Massengo, Brownhill and Palmer working as a flatter three defensively, but once with the ball, allowing Palmer freedom to hit them.

Its like they used their own brains!  Whereas now they look constrained. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think there aren’t many leaks especially to the post,

it was only Saturday he tweeted out asking for fans to tell him if they’ve spotted a player at the gate,

also remember some false stories may be put out to identity a leak so it can be dealt with,

That wouldn't be the first time.

Be interesting to see if there are is any fall out from this probable non-story.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think Nagy and Massengo can play the role but not together. We don’t have the the enforcer type to play it imo so yes agree about 4231 and Palmer. 

One of those two yes but they need that toy keane/veira type player along side

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I’d prefer my wide “2” to start deeper (so more as a 4). My feeling is that in a 4231, the likes of Nic and Callum starting positions are too high and therefore too far away from joining up with their respective Full-Backs and CMs, both with and w/o the ball. 

But if they’re intelligent they should be able to do both depending on the pattern of play.

I fo wonder whether LJ’s patterns of play are too rigid, eg when tge ball is here you must be there, irrespective of situation and opponent positions. It is why I think organised teams press us so easily.

The best fluidity I saw this season within a framework was Brum away and Derby away.

Brum - Nagy and Brownhill so fluid and yet responsible to break lines either with the ball or by creating angles to free Palmer.

Same with Derby but this time Massengo, Brownhill and Palmer working as a flatter three defensively, but once with the ball, allowing Palmer freedom to hit them.

But if you have the two holding players, that enables your full backs to become more attacking and in a sense play wing back when in possession,

but we’ve only got one fullback who is attack minded in dasilva so again it’s down to personnel 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It does seem that we play with fear, rather without fear...a couple exceptions...Taylor Moore being one. He always seems to give it a go and not afraid too.

What crosses my mind, is that LJ creates scenarios in training, where he asks the players to use their brain and work out the best way to achieve something. Learning by making mistakes in training rather than on match day.

What he doesn't say...is whether he provides the answers, or that the players find better solutions over him ??

Clever Coach. :laugh: ??

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think there aren’t many leaks especially to the post,

it was only Saturday he tweeted out asking for fans to tell him if they’ve spotted a player at the gate,

also remember some false stories may be put out to identity a leak so it can be dealt with,

Anyone else remember when we were alleged to have signed Malcolm Christie and it was planted to uncover a mole?

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

It does seem that we play with fear, rather without fear...a couple exceptions...Taylor Moore being one. He always seems to give it a go and not afraid too.

What crosses my mind, is that LJ creates scenarios in training, where he asks the players to use their brain and work out the best way to achieve something. Learning by making mistakes in training rather than on match day.

What he doesn't say...is whether he provides the answers, or that the players find better solutions over him ??

Clever Coach. :laugh: ??

In the last 4 or 5 games we’ve been static all over the pitch, little to no movement,overlapping 

that to me says the players are scared of making a mistake or confused by tactics

we need to let the shackles come off,

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

In the last 4 or 5 games we’ve been static all over the pitch, little to no movement,overlapping 

that to me says the players are scared of making a mistake or confused by tactics

we need to let the shackles come off,

Totally agree.  And it's been very poor up front all season. Hence us having the worst stat in the league for creating goal scoring chances.

So often we've had opportunity to break in numbers, yet everyone seems hesitant to get forward. In turn it lets the opponent's get back behind the ball and regroup.

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

But if you have the two holding players, that enables your full backs to become more attacking and in a sense play wing back when in possession,

but we’ve only got one fullback who is attack minded in dasilva so again it’s down to personnel 

Yes, completely, but what we should have is freedom and Intelligence to decide to attack using width, where the 4 defenders are the 2CBs and the 2CMs or more laterally using the 2CMs, the 2WMs and the 2FWs to attack .....all within the same game. At present we are one dimensional and it’s easily stifled by cleverer opponents.

I appreciate that’s massively generalised but hope it kinda makes sense.  

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

So last week KP threw his toys out of his pram because he wasn’t playing - no Johnson has given him a cuddle and a game he is okay again?

Crock of shite

The original GmG article was a crock of shite.......and now he’s  backpedaling....................:rofl2br:

I reckon he reads otib...............:cool2:

.It just seems no one wants to take any responsibility on the ball and treating it like a hot potato.KP is never going to work with Fam as the front man because his movement is almost non existent.I also feel we need a proper skipper that will encourage and if need be bollock players whilst showing some passion,Josh shows neither.

SO predictable @Matty_Taylor_is_god

image.thumb.png.58ce455d97775757e4448f5a7bcd9ef6.png

:P:clap:

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Funny. When I dared to criticise in a thread that backed Palmer and painted LJ in a bad light I received lots of "poo" emoji's, the story changes more positively and he receives criticism from more corners.

I  believe the story, there is no smoke without fire .

Maybe questions were asked at the club , if there was any substance to it and then someone made a decision.

Either way KP was in and out of the SQUAD and then mysteriously after this story appears he finds himself in the team and being praised by the head coach .

:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I  believe the story, there is no smoke without fire .

Maybe questions were asked at the club , if there was any substance to it and then someone made a decision.

Either way KP was in and out of the SQUAD and then mysteriously after this story appears he finds himself in the team and being praised by the head coach .

:dunno:

Mysteriously :laugh: I imagine being a squad player he was always likely to start in a cup game. I’m not sure anyone apart from Run GmG and the city back room know the full story. Probably a mish mash of both stories but truthfully there’s no point speculating 

41 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Derek Riordan wasn't it?

What a rubbish mole!

In these days of click bait it is mostly smoke without fire. The smoke comes from a mixture of uninformed gossip and agents stirring the pot during the window. Any stick to beat the manager with is quickly used by those who have had to wait longer than usual for a bad run to return to their agenda. As others have noticed the majority of supporters that don’t use the forum tend to be oblivious to the annual ‘Johnson out’ campaign that will have as much impact on the owner as an extra couple of pence on the price of petrol.

16 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Mysteriously :laugh: I imagine being a squad player he was always likely to start in a cup game. I’m not sure anyone apart from Run GmG and the city back room know the full story. Probably a mish mash of both stories but truthfully there’s no point speculating 

What a rubbish mole!

Palmer didn’t even make the squad for our last league outing .

I believe that this situation has come to a head and both sides have sorted it out . 

Is anyone doubting that Swansea , amongst others , asked about KP ?

I am delighted that KP starred v Shrewsbury and hope that he keeps his place as LJ indicated.

I just have a niggling feeling that SL reacted to the situation regarding KP and when the owner asks questions answers are needed.

Nothing to see here Uncle Steve , of course we don’t want to sell young Kasey after only having payed several million for him in the summer and after having him with us for half a season on loan .

No our approach was to keep him lean and mean .

:blush:

6 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

In these days of click bait it is mostly smoke without fire. The smoke comes from a mixture of uninformed gossip and agents stirring the pot during the window. Any stick to beat the manager with is quickly used by those who have had to wait longer than usual for a bad run to return to their agenda. As others have noticed the majority of supporters that don’t use the forum tend to be oblivious to the annual ‘Johnson out’ campaign that will have as much impact on the owner as an extra couple of pence on the price of petrol.

Personally my only agenda is to want the best for the club that I have loved for over fifty years.

I have stated recently that I think LJ  needs to step back and also written what immense respect I have for the bloke for his dedication to moving the club on.

He has come under immense pressure from day one and he has come through .

I firmly believe that he will go on to have a very good career following all the lessons he’s learned here. 

My reservation when he was appointed was that it was perhaps too soon and I would have preferred that he’d achieved notoriety at another club beforehand.

Still that is history , just so people know my standpoint.

@Major Isewater I have no idea on his status, but he was more prominently part of the squad up to the sad news about Afobe’s daughter, maybe that had effected him more than most in the squad? I don’t think that is an unlikely scenario, maybe Johnson wa praising the way he had got himself through that period?

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I firmly believe that he will go on to have a very good career following all the lessons he’s learned here.

I hope he does go on to have a good career as well Major but I don't think it will be here.As for the lessons he's learned from here I beg to differ as he seems to be making the same mistakes again and again........

Archived