IGNORED

Who does Johnson throw under the bus today

Unan

20 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

They absolutely loathe him. I know he got a fair amount of stick on here but can't remember it anywhere near as bad as it on there.

They were warned........

And that's how they treat a head coach whose getting them in the play off having been appointed outside them

I think it’s best to wait til the end of the season before judging LJ at Sunderland. 
He took them on when they were 3 points outside the playoffs, went on a hell of a run over a 23 game stretch (win 13, draw 7, lose 2) and got them comfortably in the playoffs and winning a cup, and then they’ve just tailed off over the last 4 games. 
They’re in the playoffs, which they weren’t when he took over but was probably minimum expectation. So he’s met that. 
Let’s see if they falter in the playoffs. So far, he’s done what he had to do. Any Sunderland fan who realistically thought they’d get automatic this season from where they were is an extremist! The only reason they even had a shot at auto’s was because of the tremendous run he got them on. 
Let’s wait and see how the playoffs turn out. 

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think it’s best to wait til the end of the season before judging LJ at Sunderland. 
He took them on when they were 3 points outside the playoffs, went on a hell of a run over a 23 game stretch (win 13, draw 7, lose 2) and got them comfortably in the playoffs and winning a cup, and then they’ve just tailed off over the last 4 games. 
They’re in the playoffs, which they weren’t when he took over but was probably minimum expectation. So he’s met that. 
Let’s see if they falter in the playoffs. So far, he’s done what he had to do. Any Sunderland fan who realistically thought they’d get automatic this season from where they were is an extremist! The only reason they even had a shot at auto’s was because of the tremendous run he got them on. 
Let’s wait and see how the playoffs turn out. 

Spot on.

They are really struggling to get any centre backs fit too, they have been playing a makeshift defence for weeks.

Sunderland really should be nowhere near the third level of football & whoever was in charge of them, I’d like to see them come up.

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

They absolutely loathe him. I know he got a fair amount of stick on here but can't remember it anywhere near as bad as it on there.

They were warned........

Indeed they were - I posted on their forum giving them the heads up on LJ and I’m disappointed to say that weren’t remotely bothered and couple of them were downright hostile.and pretty much told me to piss off back  to ‘the Bristol forum’.......bunch of ignoramus’s.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed they were - I posted on their forum giving them the heads up on LJ and I’m disappointed to say that weren’t remotely bothered and couple of them were downright hostile.and pretty much told me to piss off back  to ‘the Bristol forum’.......bunch of ignoramus’s.

If that was their response to you I can only assume they were already regulars here ;)

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Give it 6 months to a year or two and Ipswich fans will go down the same route.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Give it 6 months to a year or two and Ipswich fans will go down the same route.

I went on their forum as well and told them what to expect from Ashton and they reckoned a guy like him was just what they needed and pointed out that I had no idea just how poorly run Ipswich Town had been......

They were kinda looking forward to him joining them.

So people "drag him up" on here because loathe or love (or somewhere in between) he was a big part of the club who you kind of get to know over the years. Its natural when you've invested in someone. 

I don't hear the same complaints when e.g. David noble, Tony Thorpe, Bradley Orr are mentioned... I think its natural to have some interest. If you really don't, I really can't understand why you would click and comment on a topic you couldn't care less about...

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Robbo- it's a tricky one as there is a few on here who wish you'd piss off back to the Sunderland forum. ?

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Robbo- it's a tricky one as there is a few on here who wish you'd piss off back to the Sunderland forum. ?

Just put me on ignore then Marina as you clearly dislike my posts. It dead easy to do.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just put me on ignore then Marina as you clearly dislike my posts. It dead easy to do.

Au contraire, Robbo. I love your posts and , in particular, your ability to throw a hand grenade into a party....... but if you cant take your tail being pulled then don't pull other people's!

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

As much as things have gotten progressively worse at the Gate since his departure, his teams blowing a comfortable lead are a spooky reminder of one of the reasons patience ran out with him here.

Sure you aren't referring to his Dad?

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think it was in jest...don’t bite ?  some of the abuse he got on that thread makes OTIB look really tame.  Perhaps they realise he ‘talks the talk, but can he walk the walk ‘ too many box entries and lingo like that for them I suspect.

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed they were - I posted on their forum giving them the heads up on LJ and I’m disappointed to say that weren’t remotely bothered and couple of them were downright hostile.and pretty much told me to piss off back  to ‘the Bristol forum’.......bunch of ignoramus’s

... it’s rather unfortunate and ironic to mess up a plural when attempting to highlight the stupidity and ignorance of others - there are two acceptable plurals of ignoramus, they are ignorami and ignoramuses - just thought I’d point this out to top up my pedantry count ... ?

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Sure you aren't referring to his Dad?

Mind you his Dad has just led Torquay to the top of the National League. Fought back from 2 down and a man down to grab a 97th minute equaliser.

I don't waste much time recalling LJ but GJ was one of my favourite City managers, a real managerial winner if ever there was one, in total contrast to his son's record to date.

1 minute ago, Reigate Red said:

I'm not sure why they are up in arms. If my memory serves me right when LJ was appointed they were outside the play offs and now they are third and most likely to get a play off slot. A case of self entitlement?

I imagine it's a reaction to their result today, cruising at 2 up in a must win match they collapsed in the second half in a way we'd have been very familiar with - think the 3-3 draw with Sunderland! 

Their critiques of LJ echo all those of the sceptics on here in the Lee Johnson era. It's not taken them long.

Archived